Season 1, Week 7 Official thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Luke, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Walk On

Figured I'd start it. I have no words to describe my loss. Here are some numbers.

NIU 37 Buffalo 7

Total Offense
    NIU 344
    Buffalo 137 LOL

their RB had 182 yards and 3 TDs.

I was 3 for 15 on 3rd down.

My QBs combined to go 11/28 95 yards.

Pitiful.

2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

wow fellas, just woke up from a lot of golf and more beer to see alot of losses...heath is laughing somewhere.

3. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Maybe its not all as easy as we thought.(Except UMass cuz we are kicking ass!)

4. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Where is the orginal thread for the post? Were there any changes to prep for before I play my game???

5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

no changes.

and I got my tail handed to me again.

The wheels have officially come off for star QB Eric Soza of the UTSA Roadrunners. He is getting worse and that's hard to do, but not as hard as producing less offense than last week (180yds) this week vs the Rice Owls (178yds). Someone stick a fork in me. It's getting bad out here in San Antonio!

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

The Hoots will be taking on UL Monroe later tonight

7. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

It had to happen...STAY TUNED!!!

8. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Well this one was a hard game to lose especially since my star wide out T. Jefferson had 5 dropped passes and one of them would have been for a touchdown, also caught the hail mary pass at the end of the game but was stopped at the 3 yard line to stop us from tying the game up. My defense pretty much sucked to with giving up 178 yards rushing to their running back

MTSU 28 FIU 35

• Like Like x 1
  9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU 22 - TROY 40

TROY OPENED A CAN OF OL' FASHION WHOOP ASS IN THE 4TH QTR EVERY THING THAT COULD GO WRONG DID!

Troy jumped out to an early 3-0 lead on a J.Soloman FG. Troy started the 2nd QTR with another FG by Soloman. WKU answered with a 92 yard KO return by Rico Suave Brown. Troy answered with their 3rd redzone field goal to up 9-7. WKU answered on an impressive drive that saw J.Evans score on a 9 yard scamper. Troy was able to end the half with their own scoring drive when C.Robinson connected with C.Worthy to end the half. Score at half saw Troy lead 16-14. WKU scored on the first possession of the 2nd half with the FB K. Jones scoring from 2 yards out. THEN IT ALL WENT DOWN HILL!!! Troy QB C.Robinson completed a 42 yard strike AS I ATTEMPTED TO ANSWER MY PHONE...WHAT A DOUCH BAG CHOICE ON MY PART!!!(You said I couldn't take about others in the rules but I made fun of myself) Troy opened up the 4th QTR with an amazing drive that seen them score on another pass from C.Robinson to J.Albert. 20 Seconds later Troy hit paydirt again on an 25 yard pick 6 by CB C.Pickett(YOU HAVE TO SEE THE VIDEO, WOW) Troy ended the game with a 23 yard FG....

You you have to play Troy....BEWARE I should have lost by 30!!!

Question once you see these stats what do I do in the SIM world? If my QB is throwing picks at an uncontrollable pace can I scrap the pass and just run???

QB James Mauro 7-22 119 yards 0TD 4INT
    RB K.Simpson 17 ATT for 122 Yards 0TD
    TE J.Doyle 3REC 93 Yards

• Like Like x 2
  10. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Texas State Notches 1st WAC Win.

The Bobcats came in to their first WAC game not quite sure what to make of their team. They got embarrassed by Houston, then embarrassed Texas Tech. They looked great against New Mexico and blew a large lead against Nevada.

The good Bobcats showed up today as the defense led the way by holding the visiting Idaho Vandals to 230 yards in a 20-3 win at Wacker Field.

Terrence Franks ran for 144 yards and a score to lead the offense.

• Like Like x 2
  11. vatechhokie01

G Morg, in response, I think you are fine running, but again just big picture things to keep in mind:
    -throwing less than 12-15 passes a game (u threw 22 which is certainly kosher) would probably be unsim long-term. Ga tech and army throw that many
    -rushing using the same running gimmee plays over and over again (last year it was basically dive, dive, dive) would be unsim. in no way imply your doing this, i have no idea... just sim play for rushing attacks. mix it up.

but summary: change it up, roll conservative for sure (plus your RB is a beast), limit passing but keep it sim is the general idea. maybe sub in your backup qb. i have a hard time pulling that trigger myself but it is common knowledge that when your guy throws a couple of picks he takes a HUGE ratings hit and probably isn't your best option anyways at that point.

good game though man, troy is good.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  12. vatechhokie01

I have no idea why we are losing a ton lately, but I will say this: these sliders are pretty darn perfect for a mix of tough/possible carousel league. we'll keep on eye on at season end but I'm encouraged! loving it!

• Like Like x 1
  13. vatechhokie01

still no videos and the worst of all from bonner: 1 video (which is like saying, "hey I'll show you the one that was legit.")

Videos dangit!

14. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

San Jose State gets Ervin back and runs all over Utah State 35-17. (up top for you mmullen8)

In a game marred with first half fumbles two by both teams. Both teams teams scored twice as the Spartans struck first on a three yard pass to Grigsby. Utah State would answer back with two TD passes to Austin from 12 and 15 yards out. I would tie it up before half when Stewart would find Jones on a forty yard out play.

In the second half it would not be till late in the third when Ervin would find pay dirt for the first time on a three yard run to put us up for good. They would respond with a quick FG but that would be it as the forth belonged to Ervin would would score from 39 and 65 yards out on route to a 19 for 204 yard showing.

• Like Like x 1
  15. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

That was my lone score you a-hole :)

16. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Even though I never watch any of your videos. Post them so Heath will stop whining for the day:D

17. vatechhokie01

what am I missing? Your lone score in a game you just won 35-17?

18. vatechhokie01

way to sign up to do something and not have the integrity to do it. don't expect anyone to watch mine. its for accountability purposes, the very thing you're bucking... a-hole.

19. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Team page updated and videos posted. Stats to come.

20. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

No the one video was from Navy which I lost 13- 10

21. vatechhokie01

why do I have to explain posting videos to everyone again? we are not questioning this. have the integrity to post them, if they fail on upload (happened one time for me out of like 20 times and no reported freezes), tell us. and if you don't post and say they failed... get a life. and quit this league.

22. vatechhokie01

umm... I'm watching one video of you versus utah state and your throw to grigsby. there are no other videos. again... what am i missing?

23. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Dude I just went to see what you are talking about and I am sorry for calling you a liar. I did post all five scores but for some reason only one went through. I thought you were looking at my Navy game where I only posted the one score I had.

24. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Again I wrote this thinking all five of my videos had went through.

25. vatechhokie01

word. love you.

• Like Like x 1