Season 1 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PIG BOMB, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Redhawks Cruise 38-6
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18 1ST DOWNS 11
    6/10 3rd down conversions 3/12
    0/0 4th down conversions 0/0
    300 TOTAL OFFENSE 261
    213 PASSING YARDS 124
    18/24 Completions/Attempts 16/26
    8.9 Yards Per Attempt 4.8
    87 RUSHING YARDS 137
    26 Rushing Attempts 22
    3.3 Yards Per Rush 6.2
    1-5 PENALTIES-YARDS 0-0
    0 TURNOVERS 1
    0 Fumbles Lost 1
    0 Interceptions Thrown 0
    17:10 POSSESSION TIME 10:50

After finally getting one in the win column last week, Miami University set off to start a win streak. They travelled to the campus of the newly appointed MAC member, UMASS. The Redhawks controlled the game from the opening quarter. Miami scored a touchdown on their second drive of the game and that would be all the scoring the Redhawks would need.

The run defense still sputtered a bit, but overall the defense played much better than in previous weeks. "I'm proud of our guys on defense. They've been reading and seeing themselves ranked near the bottom in a lot of defensive categories. I kept telling them to keep their heads up and everything will even out after we get into conference play. I'm already looking like a genius to them!"

The Redhawks not only shined on defense, but also on offense and special teams. The offense put up 24 points with 300 yards of total offense and seemed unstoppable on third down. Boucher and company converted six out of ten attempts on third down.

The Hawks also scored on special teams and defense, returning a punt late in the third quarter and a fumble in the closing minutes of the fourth. Miami will look to increase its win streak and keep it's bowl chances alive next week against the Akron Zips. This is a huge game for Coach Robbins due to the sheer number of recruits coming to visit the campus. A huge win could cause a domino effect in commitments.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  3. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

4. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

SJSU over Colorado St 31-10

I'd put some stats up but the forums are acting weird and doens't work wel with IE

5. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

You Sir,

Play much better defense than I do.

6. Leonidas3737

Leonidas3737 Walk On

image.jpg

Ohio blows by Central Michigan 48-9, powered by another 400 yard rushing effort. The Bobcats totaled 423 yards on the ground on 53 carries. Beau Blankenship and Tyler Tettleton each ran for over 100 yards in the game. CMU's offense sputtered due to an inordinate number of dropped balls on passing plays. Together CMU receivers totaled 9 dropped balls, and that's just the official number, there were several other balls that were arguably dropped as well. Coach Gemmabelli brought up the drops in the post game interviews.

"I don't what got into them, but I honestly don't know if they would have scored many more points if they has been running their plays on air. They were killing themselves out there. "

image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.