Season 1 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

GameDay late tonight

Advance TUESDAY NIGHT/WEDNESDAY MORNING

2. Bl0ndeRedHead

Me and Tre actually had a pretty good game going in the 1st quarter when we got d/c twice in a row, so we're trying again tomorrow (Monday)

3. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

I'm home right now if you wanna try again real quick

4. Bl0ndeRedHead

Damn I just left to go grab some food with my parents for my dad's birthday. I'll be on again late tonight or we could try tomorrow like we planned.

5. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

haha, thats the way it works...yeah we can try again tonight

Bl0ndeRedHead

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Alright, I should be home a little after midnight CST

7. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

Ok, I gotta get up for work at 4, but if I wake up through the night (and I do pretty often) I'll jump on the box. So if you see me on, game on.

8. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

LSU played like dog shit, there's my recap.

I'm regretting picking LSU...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

42[​IMG][​IMG]17
    [​IMG]

Buckeyes Make Statement to Rest of Big Ten
    Herron leads the way with 181 yards and 4 touchdowns

[​IMG]

Ohio State feels like they've gained an identity. The Buckeyes used a relentless ground attack led by Senior RB Boom Herron to embarrass hated rival Illinois, 41-17 in Champaign. Herron who has shared the load of carries with Jamaal Berry for much of the season, took advantage of a 1st quarter injury to Berry and lifted the Bucks to a much needed victory. Following their loss to mboda and the Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ohio State stood at 3-2 (1-1) on the season in what Coach Roogy Roogs termed a 'must-win.'

"We haven't played to our potential the entire season," said Coach Roogs. "A lot of that is due to inconsistent QB play which is expected when you have a freshman behind center but our run attack also hasn't been what we expected, Boom really picked us up today." Herron, who ran for 181 yards and 4 TD's, including TD runs of 57 and 59 yards respectively, controlled the game from start to fnish.​

Freshman QB Braxton Miller continued his stuggles but showed signs of confidence as the 2nd half took over. His accuracy remains a big issue, as he went just 9-21 for 128 yards, 1 TD, and 2 INT's. Miller's lone TD on the day was a beauty as he hit WR T.Y. Williams for what could be dubbed 'play of the year.' (highlight below). "Going into a tough Big 10 atmosphere, I was a little jittery to start the game. After Boom led the way, I began to settle into the game and calmed down in the 2nd half," said Miller.​

T.Y. Williams 'play of the year' from Braxton Miller

Ohio State was jump started on their opening score when CB Travis Howard picked off a Nate Scheelhasse pass and took it 26 yards for a touchdown. "I feel like I can cover anyone at anytime, anyplace, my confidence is sky high," said Howard after the game. Scheelhasse seemed rattled the 1st half before finally settling in long after the game was all but finished. The Illinois QB finished 13-24 for 166 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Illinois was led on the ground by RB Troy Pollard who carried 20 times for 106 yards, including a 52 yard TD run.​

[​IMG]

The Buckeyes improve to 4-2 (2-1) on the season. They will host Bl0ndeRedHead and the Arizona State Sun Devils in Columbus in Week 8. "I feel like we've come a long way, playing ASU will be a big test to see if we really have improved," said Coach Roogs.​

Travis Howard INT return for TD

Boom Herron TD run

Boom Herron TD run

• Like Like x 2
  10. mboda

mboda Walk On

Uh oh Bl0ndeRedHead i think Roogy might be taking over your spot for best writeups in the league ;) because he has been doing a hell of a job so far.

11. Bl0ndeRedHead

It's those damn videos I'm tellin ya

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Roogy

If you listen to the TSO podcast on Wednesday, you'll get a lil' mention from me ;)

13. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Awesome, I'll definitely tune in!

14. Tretrain26

Tretrain26 Walk On

FYI people, never play Bl0ndeRedHead. He'll keep disconnecting until he can kick your ass ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bl0ndeRedHead

Not my fault Mr. Thomas decided to throw like 4 INTs

16. UniQue2Three

UniQue2Three Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    31[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]20
    Shaw carries Michigan on his shoulders once again to overcome rival Michigan St.
    [​IMG]
    Michael Shaw powers in for a 8 yard touchdown which was first of 4 touchdowns

Michigan had the right offensive game plan for Michigan St. in East Lansing. Coach Swoboda knew with the cold, windy climate that he had to use the ground attack to edge out a win. Winds were blowing up to 10-15 mph and snow was coming down pretty steady for most of the game. So Michigan rather used Micheal Shaw's ability then go with Denard Robinson's arm, although Denard Robinson was quite effcient goin 12-13 for 169 before going down with a injury in the 3rd quarter with back spasms.

Winter climates could not hold back the rushing attack of Michigan's Michael Shaw. The Senior out of Trotwood, Ohio rushed for 163 yards and a career high 4 touchdowns. He is on a fast track for a run at the Heisman Trophy for 2011. Mr. Shaw now has 981 yards and 15 touchdowns on the ground, after the game Shaw praised his line for his achievements this year so far. "The line has done a outstanding job this year for opening up holes and making lanes for me to run threw"

Michigan lost the toss and ended up receiving the ball to start the game off. Michigan got on the board first with a very challenging 38 yard field goal by Freshman Matt Wile. Matt's kick was his longest of his short career that just squeaked in the lower corner of the upright. Michigan came out the gates running the ball. Shaw scored a 8 yards touchdown to cap off an all Michigan 1st quarter. Michigan's defense was tough to start out the game. Michigan St's quarterback Kirk Cousins had a tough time reading Michigan's defense in the first quarter, but after Kirk threw his only pick to SS Jordan Kovacs he completely tightened his game up.

[​IMG]

After the 1st quarter Cousins snapped out of it and started passing the ball as well as any QB could. Michigan St's QB became in sync with every target he threw to. Cousins got on roll early in the 2nd quarter hooking up with diving B.J. Cunningham for a 32 yard pass(which was quite impressive) but Michigans defense stopped the attack at the 9 yard line and got on the board with a Dan Conroy 26 yard field goal. Michigan came right back with the ground attack and drove down the field and Shaw pounded in another 8 yard touchdown. That fueled Kirk Cousin and he drove his team down the field at will and hooked up with his tight ends Dion Sims and Brian Linthicum. That drive ended on a down field streak for a 42 yard touchdown to Sims. Michigan got the ball back and brought in the passing game and with Denard's arm and legs drove Michigan's offense down the field within 2 mins left in the half. The 1st half was capped off with Micheal Shaw's 3rd touchdown with 48 seconds left in the 1st half.

During the halftime show Michigan St's coach Mark Dantonio must have given one hell of a pep-talk. The 3rd quarter was all Michigan St., holding the Wolverines to 0 points, knocking out Denard Robinson for the rest of the game and all out stopping Michigans offense. Kirk Cousins came out the 2nd half slinging the pigskin with poise and accuracy. Dion Sims caught his 2nd touchdown of the game from 18 yards out, but lucky for Michigan Kirk Cousins day would end with him spraining his shoulder. Andrew Maxwell came in and just could'nt do what Cousins was doing. Michigan St. ended the 3rd with a 29 yard Dan Conroy field goal making it 24-20 Michigan.

The 4th quarter was a grind out the clock quarter. Devin Gardner started the 4th for the Woverine offense but had no hand in the offense for his team. Devin just made sure he handed the ball of cleanly and managed the clock. With Cousin out Michigan St. could not find paydirt. Michigan finally scored in 2nd half with a 5 yard scamper from Michael Shaw. That was his 4th touchdown of the day and a nail in the coffin. Michigan St. tried 4 staight passes and came up with nothing and ended up turning the ball over to end their day, and Michigan ended their day in the "Victory Formation" to seal the win.

Coach Swoboda said after the game "We really needed this game considering it was a conference game, we knew since the weather was a factor we had to get the running game going right off the bat". Michigan is 5-1 and 2-0 in conference. Wolverines have a bye week 8 but have a couple big recruits coming to see the campus. Week 9 Purdue comes to Ann Arbor

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bl0ndeRedHead

18. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Game is in.

19. bsbgw1

bsbgw1 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Alabama narrowly survives in Oxford, 27-20.

[​IMG]

Things started great out of the gate for the Crimson Tide. A 49-yard TD rush by Eddy Lacy finished off the first drive after only 4 plays. That was about the only easy yardage the Tide would get as the Rebels defense stiffened up for the rest of the game. Two missed sub-45 yard field goals and a 40% completion rate by AJ McCarron wouldn't help the cause.

The Rebel defense couldn't seem to contain WR Marquis Maze, with him catching 7 of 11 completions for the Tide, and this gives him player of the game honors.
    [​IMG]
    7 catches, 145 yards, 1 TD

Next up:
    [​IMG]

20. Bl0ndeRedHead

bsbgw1

That might be one of the best pics I've seen from 12 yet lol

• Like Like x 1
  21. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Washington 48 - #23 Colorado 26

So, in the third attempt at this game we got are asses handed to us.

Attempt 1: We were up 21-13 with about 2 minutes to go. They scored a TD and missed the 2pt attempt. We were up 21-19 with 1:45 ~ left. Washington attempted the onside kick, which went right into one of our up men's hands....FREEZE. Game was won, and the fucking disc got me.

Ok no matter. I'll try again.

Attempt 2: Epic Battle. We were tied at 27 with about 4 minutes to go. Back and forth, back and forth. It was anyone's game. Amazing game. Freeze.

Well fuck. I texted blonde and told him he could sim it I was so fed up. He told me to feel free to try one more time to get the game in. We still had time. I was like, ok, 1 last try.

Attempt 3:

We got housed. 48-26 and it wasn't even that close. They scored 21 in the 2nd, 10 in the 3rd, and 10 in the 4th. They were up 22 late in the game and were still throwing on us. No respect. UW QB Price 23-36 366 4 td's and he ran for about 20 more yards. He was perfect mid 3rd quarter. He had alot of those incompletions in the 4th quarter. 7 different Huskies caught multiple passes, 9 different Huskies caught at least 1. Oh, they also ran for almost 200 as a team. All told they amassed 542 yards of total offense. It was a sight to behold.

Next week we play ASU and have to win that game to keep the wheels from falling completely off.

22. sreese

sreese Walk On

i was having same problem. Its supposed to be fixed in the patch that hasnt made it out yet. Since i went back to playing with the disk(have it loaded to hd) i havent had any trouble.

23. sreese

sreese Walk On

anyone seen miz nighthawk?

24. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

So youve seen improvment playing off the disc instead of the hard drive. The first freeze I had in this instance occurred off thedisk. The 2nd freeze was off the harddrive and the game that wa completed was off the hard drive. I've had maybe a dozen freezes so far probably like 50/50 disk to hard drive.

25. sreese

sreese Walk On

I usually only play from hard drive but after like 3 or 4 freezes i thought i would try it off disk. I havent had a single problem since then?