Season 1, Week 8 - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Jul 24, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance:
    -Wednesday, midnight EST or
    -When 11/11 are ready

Last Week:
    -Luke takes PS3 with him on vacation. All business (nerdom) for the little fella.
    -Mullen loses sim game to Bulldog after multiple disconnects. ABC store's internet needs to get better.
    -Down goes Frazier. WKy takes pounding... along with 6 other teams.
    -Akron sucks.

This Week:
    -Bye Weeks: none
    -Big Games: Buffalo @ Pitt, MTSU @ Mississippi State
    -User Games: UTSA vs SJSU, UL Monroe vs W Kentucky

Other Notes:
    -Please post both injuries and video upload stats (I uploaded all five!, etc) at bottom of your game summaries
    -Did the sliders get harder or what? Swear I haven't touched a thing.
    -Someone asked: we obviously don't use the gay recruiting power packs for purchase. If you do, you get booted. I turned them off and they still show up. EA fixing in patch.

2. vatechhokie01

The UTSA Roadrunners add two more recruits! and are certainly off to a better start than the pundits expected.

Over the weekend, a huge recruit for UTSA called an associate and confirmed his commitment. 3-star CB (67OVR) was being heavily scouted by the Roadrunners and helps to shore up the secondary, certainly the most shallow part of the current UTSA roster. Handy was also drawing interest from Utah, Mississippi State, and Oregon.

In addition, and as a bit of a surprise, 3-star wideout Jordan Turner committed to Coach Hale during their very first conversation. Little is known about Turner, but the Roadrunners are hoping they grabbed a steal with the commitment from Turner, who was also being sought after by the SEC's Ole Miss.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  3. vatechhokie01

Team Page Updated Here!

4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Blah Blah Blah.....show off!

5. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU losses another heart breaker

MTSU just absolutely blew the first half and couldn't tell if they just had their heads up their butt or were just playing with them selves. MTSU got outscore 27-3 in the first half. Thank the sweet lord we came out in the second half and played football. The 3rd qt was pretty much a boring one except that MTSU put a touchdown on the board on a 1 yard run. In the fourth thankfully for MTSU, the other team decided to keep running a no huddle offense even while they couldn't move the ball at all and gave MTSU a chance to make the comeback. MTSU would score on a 38 yard touchdown pass and 2 yard rushing td, and then the other team would throw a pick 6 giving MTSU 3 touchdowns in the 4th qt but the other team did have a 48 yard passing td which basically was the game. However MTSU had one chance with less than a minute left in the game but picked off to end the game.

Final score MTSU 31 Miss St 33

Qb L. Kilgore 18-30 254 1 td 1 Int
    Hb 19 49 yards 1 TD
    Wr T. Jefferson 86 yards

INJURIES: Wr Kyle Griswould - Torn pectoral - 10 weeks

Sorry Heath I was pretty mad that I lost the game the way I did, I just blanked on the videos and exited out of the game before doing the highlights. Again sorry about that and I wont let that happen again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I knew our pre season match would come back to bite me in the ass. Heath beats me in a rematch in which I dominated the first game, and well most of the second to be truthful. I could not punch it in to save me and an early fumble in which I totally had already hit the pass button turned into six by the defense put me behind the eight ball early. At least I don't have to play my nemesis Weasel next game. Oh wait I do!

• Like Like x 1
  7. vatechhokie01

UTSA wins after paying off refs, 17-13.

The roadrunners were outplayed for much of the game, but the refs didn't give a crap and the Alamodome proved to be a safe haven for the horrid UTSA program. Three plays defined the game: On the first drive of the game, the UTSA defense pressured SJSUs QB on a screen play and "sacked" him for a fumble recovery TD... no matter that the QB's hand was clearly going forward and it appeared he threw the ball into the ground beneath him. Mix this with a 3rd and 1 holding call on SJSU that stalled them out for a FG late in the 3rd and the most notable, an actual Def Pass Interference call against SJSU on a 3rd and long late in the 4th and you had a wonderful affair full of fairies and magic and sunshine for the UTSA Roadrunners! Woohoo!!!

Listen, we will take every damn thing we can get. You better believe that! (sorry Bonner)

My videos failed to load. Not gonna lie I'm pissed cuz the first one was awesome (the Tom Brady tuck TD)!

Injuries for UTSA: none.

• Like Like x 1
  8. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Worst post ever!

9. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Down goes Fraizer LOL you give me too much credit because didn't Fraizer rise again to become champion?

10. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Bully are we playing tonight?

11. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

This game is horseshit.

Navy uses 3 defensive TD's to beat Texas State 27-7.

Texas State held Navy to 234 yards of offense yet managed to lose by 20. My defense allowed 6 points, my offense gave up 21, thanks to 2 fumbles and a pick. This game was garbage from the start. My top two QB's got hurt and I had to use my 59 ovr 3rd string QB for the fourth. My top RB got hurt. My top 2 WR's spent a chunk of the game on the sidelines with various injuries. Navy was somehow able to blitz 7 every play yet also drop 7 in coverage. I think their DC was in the huddle with my guys throughout.

Texas State drops to 4-3 on the year.

• Like Like x 2
  12. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TEXAS STATE GAINS BIG COMMITTMENT

Jon Joseph, the nations 517th ranked player gave his verbal pledge to the TSU staff late Saturday night. Joseph is rated as the 16th best FS in the country. TSU was his only offer, yet he gained some attention from his home state's Alabama Crimson Tide. Joseph's size and speed make his the heir apparent to the Bobcat's All Conference FS Xavier Daniels. Don't be surprised to see Joseph slot over at the SS spot to play next to Daniels next year.
    Joseph, Jon.png

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goose

Goose Walk On

Andy Johnson.png

It looks like all Ravenna Ravens do hate all things Kent, as Akron Head coach goes back to his hometown to steal Andy out from under Kent State. "To be honest, I was quite supprised that Kent had not offered this kid at all. I mean you can walk to the Kent campus from this kids house. Andy will probably sit and learn for a year or two, but once he's ready he'll be lights out. He really needs to work on his Accuracy, but we'll hang a tire in his yard for him to work on that. He's got good speed and acceleration. He has a lot more power than a runner should have. We're excited to call him our first signed recruit."

• Like Like x 2
  14. BulldogBully

BulldogBully Whiskey Slinger

G, yes...tuesdays are my lightest day. Let me know the earliest you can go.

15. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

ok, I texted you down goes frazier when gmorg lost, get your own material you unoriginal bastard

• Like Like x 3
  16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

So you were in on this $hit also??? This means WAR...You guys are a tough crowd...Can a guy have a bad day with an under performing BACK UP LOL? Can I get sympathy points for the kid throwing 4 INTS DIRECTLY TO THE OTHER TEAM LOL? This kid is prollly losing his scholarship and forced to TRANSFER TO PENN ST and you guys have no sympathy...TOUGH CROWD!!!!

PS MULLEN MY WIFE THANKS YOU AS WELL BECAUSE HAD YOU TEXTED ME THAT CRAP THE PHONE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN 1000 PIECES AFTER MYSTERIOUSLY HITTING THE WALL LOL!!!

I REALLY LIKE YOU GUYS & I REALIZED THAT A BROKE CLOCK IS RIGHT TWICE A DAY AND I WON'T MAKE SAME MISTAKES TWICE!!!

• Like Like x 4
  17. BulldogBully

G Morg! Quit playing "how many times can I change font size in this post" and answer my question!!?
    What time is good for our game?

• Like Like x 5
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

GMorg - you are worse than my students when I have them create power points for stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

SEe What I'm Saying.!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm home by and settled by 8EST does 8EST work? Are we playing Mic'd?

21. BulldogBully

That works...an hour later is fine if that presses you for time. Yeah, we can try the mic's

22. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

Do different colors as well, heath will love it

• Like Like x 3
  23. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

9 my time 8 for you??? I can do 8:30 or 9 EST?

24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

25. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Once I sign a recruit will someone tell me how I can post it on here?