Season 1 - Week 8 - USC (MorsDraconis) @ Oregon (Maxattax34)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MorsDraconis, Sep 12, 2009.

1. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Season 1 - Week 8 - USC (MorsDraconis) @ Oregon (Maxattax34)

Hey man, my schedule is a bit restricting.

Today I'm available at any time except for 10:30pm EST as I'm playing my game against Parrot in TFIV then. We can go for after the OSU - USC football game if you want (personally I'm hoping it lasts long enough for me to catch the end of it...).

Sunday, I'm available before 3:30pm EST (Washington game on @ 4:30 is a must watch for me) and after 7pm until 10pm (can't stay up much later than that).

Monday-Wednesday I'm available from 6:30pm EST until 10pm EST

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

We can try for after the USC OSU game if you like. Im hanging out with the gf today so I might not be able to get it in. If we cant get it in tonight I would be able to play tomorrow morning or around noon/early afternoon.

I havent been able to check, but is Blount probable? questionable? is he back from injury? Either way get ready to see the most boring offense in the TFL!

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Let's shoot for some time before 3 if possible or after 7. Whichever works for you.

4. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

FYI hey max blount isn't even on the injured list anymore

5. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Blount is back!!!

Hopefully we can get it in today. I think I just missed you this morning...

6. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Get him Max!!!!! Don't let him sew up that NC game spot.

7. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im still thinking about a National Championship for Oregon! I might be able to 1 loss my way into the NC. Last time Mors and I played it was a 2OT affair so hopefully it will be a good one!

8. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Looks like I just missed you as well (by about 45 minutes or so).

Giants - Skins game is pissin' me off so I'm available any time.

Gonna watch some TV and check back in about 45 minutes.

9. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Go Oregon... I need USC to lose for a shot at National Title. Even if I can somehow beat two users (Penn State and Florida State) I will probably finish 3 or 4 in polls depending on USC, Utah, and Oklahoma. Of course right now I am worried about my own games, but a little help now would be appreciated :).

10. Papa Perry

No one seems to be mentioning a certain team...I like it(y)

11. BDSDIGITAL

As the highest rated 1 loss team I just need everyone else to take a loss...you included If Max beats Mors, then you still have the SEC championship game which should be tough. It all boils down to Max though. If he loses to USC then it'll probably be a USC v. FSU championship game. No offense to Beazus, but Noles is really good. I just don't see him losing.

12. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

most chatter we have had in a long time.... Still a long way to go fellas

13. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

And hopefully MUCH longer than just this season.

There's no doubt that this is a huge game in the scope of the national championship picture.

14. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I actually meant to say Alabama, not sure how I said Penn State. I don't even play Penn State and they are not a user team. Maybe I am thinking of another league or maybe I am just crazy :). I am assuming Florida/Bama will be SEC Championship game. I need just 1 win to clinch my side and have two games I should win.

15. BDSDIGITAL

just as long as you guys knock each other off.....My offense is on fire so I'm not really concerned with anything I got left. If Kansas is the best that the North division has then they can kick rocks. I still have Okie St, which could be a shootout but is not a sweat to me. At this point it's a matter of Sugar Bowl, or NC game...all depends on you guys. This league will be even better in the next few years because OSU will be back in the mix and Michigan will be much better. Not to mention Beazus will have a really, really good team next year.

16. KnightNoles

damn must have been an epic game, was watching the score online

17. Papa Perry

I just need Ingram to stay healthy now that I have him back. Upchurch struggled with the rushing game on his shoulders because Grant is only good for receiving out of the backfield. I can't tell you how many times I contemplated pulling the redshirt off of Richardson.

18. Papa Perry

Yea I can't wait to read the summaries for this game.

19. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Needless to say, I've fuckin' pissed. My offensive line REALLY let me down and I'm seriously about to completely get rid of the "play the _" shit. It's total bullshit (especially the play the pass one).

I've played three games in two days and every interception I've thrown was when the opponent was "playing the pass" yet I have no problems with throwing the ball (in worse situations even) when they aren't playing the pass. It's like it makes their defenders fuckin' gods or something.

20. KnightNoles

I thought we did get rid of it?

21. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Looking at the rules it says we did get rid of it. We just had a conversation about this in TF4 the other day and we established that the run commits were outlawed but pass commit was okay. I had that on the brain otherwise id have never called it.

What a game though. Mors jumped out 14-0 on a pick 6 and I had to claw my way back. USC drives to tie the game, but OU has just enough time to drive downfield and kick an iced FG that I only gave about 30% power and I thought it was going to be short, but it carried through for the win!

22. Papa Perry

The pass/commit should be situational: 3rd downs and inside the five yard line. Thats pretty much the only time I use it anyway. But looking on the rules in the thread for this league, it's a little conflicting. There's a part that says its banned altogether and theres a part that says you can use it just not all the time.

23. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I totally forgot myself that it wasn't allowed. Oh well. Good win for you man. Congrats on winning the PAC10. Looks like I'm stuck playing in a really shitty bowl now. :(

The usage of the commit stuff on the right analog stick are banned.

The usage of the gameplanning stuff (the stuff you get from hitting LT while in the play call screen) is limited to situational usage or for gameplanning situations.

24. BDSDIGITAL

And another one goes down....tick, tick , tick, who's next....OU is circleing the wagons......

25. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

You're just lucky you don't have to play me. :D