Season 1 - Week 9 Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Week 9 Scores

Week 9 is up. One user game (#16 Kansas St at #6 Oklahoma). We will advance on Friday night.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

BREAKING NEWS:

The Pittsburgh Panthers are ranked #1 in the first BCS poll.
    Coach Knight
    "Its a good accomplishment right now but I'd rather be in this spot in about 6-8 weeks from now and holding something for that accomplishment. We have four more games in which we have to go out and prove why we should be ranked this high and hopefully all the chips will fall how we want them to. Ask me about this again on down the road."

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

After taking a week off last week, I'll get the power rankings/poll rankings list up tonight. There have been some big changes over the past 2 weeks.

4. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Holy Shnikees USF almost drops back-to-back games, but thanks to a few HUGE plays made by key contributers the Bulls right their ship. It would take a 2-minute drill for the ages to win this game that pitted two top-11 teams against each other. It came down to one last possession for the Bulls... After a holding penalty on first down, and two nice runs on first and second, it came down to 3rd and 12. Grothe took the snap out of the shotgun, read the coverage, steps up into the pocket, and threw a prayer down the sideline. Impact WR Jessie Hester had the step on his man and made the catch deep in the WVU side of the field. That was Mike Ford's cue. He came in and ran out most of the rest of the clock and punched in the final score with 0:20 left on the clock.

This was a tough game! Much tougher than I thought it was going to be. I had a bunch of recruits visiting too... I was shitting bricks for a minute haha.

Here is the pass that set up the game winning TD(3rd and 12!!)
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewVzpBt_q0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ewVzpBt_q0k&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Grothe:
    17/28 307 2TD 0INT
    10ATT 67yd 1TD

Plancher:
    19ATT 111yd 1TD

Ford:
    12ATT 43yd 1TD

5. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

No respect for the Gators what so ever. Coach Myer is wondering what else he has to do.

6. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

#9 Texas - 38
    #5 Oklahoma State = 24

In his second game as interim head coach, Vredesbyrd went into a veryhostile T. Boone Pickens Stadium to face off against one of the top offenses in the country.

After a sloppy first half in which the Colt McCoy threw 2 ints on deep balls into traffic, Coach Vredesbyrd lit into his team and challenged them to be more physical. The opening drive of the first half was just that. 9 plays, all rushes for 75 yards and a touchdown to put the Horns up 30-10.

The Cowboys immediately responded with a quick striking TD drive of their own making it 30-17. After trading punts, the 3rd quarter ended at 30-17.

On the first play of the 4th quarter, a McCoy pass was picked off and returned for 6, making it a 6 point game. We had a ball game...

On the ensuing drive, the Horns sacked up a bit and marched 66 yards for a touch down and 2 point conversion to put them up by 14.

All that was left was for the Longhorns to hold on defense and run the clock out. That is exactly what they did.

For the game, the LongHorns piled up 540 yards of offense including 259 yards on 60 carries.

Players of the game

Offense - Vondrell McGee
    40 carries 179 yards and a touchdown

Defense - Christian Scott (SS)
    9 tackles (1 tfl) and a fumble recovery

7. astealthyhippo

#17 Nebraska - 45
    TCU - 27

Zac Lee came up big again with 301 yards passing and 4 TDs. Roy Helu Jr remained solid with 132 yards rushing and 2 TDs, also adding a receiving TD. The game was close through the 1st quarter, but Nebraska broke out with 21 points in the 2nd quarter, pushing the lead to 28-17. From there the Cornhuskers cruised to victory.

8. astealthyhippo

Week 9 Rankings

Team BCS Rank BCS Avg Coaches Poll Media Poll[/SIZE][/B]
    Pittsburgh 1 .997 2 1
    Florida 2 .994 1 3
    Alabama 4 .983 4 4
    Oklahoma 5 .975 6 5
    USF 7 .967 7 7
    Texas 9 .953 9 10
    Cincinnati 11 .938 13 11
    LSU 12 .934 12 13
    Nebraska 14 .911 17 15
    Kansas St 17 .890 16 14
    Notre Dame 20 .867 21 19
    Tennessee NR - NR NR

Sorry for the slightly late timing. The computers were obviously impressed with Pitt's win over USF. Cincy and Nebraska get love from the BCS, but no love from the Coaches poll.

Discuss...

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Cincy is excited to have a crack at the #1 Panthers in the coming weeks.

10. Dru50

I feel like Bama is getting way too much love in the polls. No way does this team feel like the #4 team in the country, and I expect that to be proven in the coming weeks.

11. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

hopefully next week Dru.... I am on a user losing streak that is just killing my confidence. I need to get off the snide and see if I can get some payback for Coach Irish and the Gators. If we advance tonight can you get the game in today?

12. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

KSU 35 @ OU 47​

This was a HUGE comeback Win for OU after their huge loss last week. In order for OU to win this game, we knew it would be about our Run Game and Defense. We're going from the Saints of the NFL, to the Jets of the NFL, with the loss of our star QB, RB, and WR. The D part held true as turnovers were the overall difference in this game. The run game, not so much. OU struggled there. Senior RB Brown took over for Murray and didn't fair too well rushing 31 times for 86 yards but added 2 big TD's. This was a Very close battle thruout until about the 4th Q when OU pulled away and KSU was able to snag a garbage time TD in the last minute. Landry Jones stepped in nicely at QB going 16-26 for 267 yards and 2 TD's with 1 pick. WR B. Caleb stepped in nicely for Broyles catching 7 for 108 yds. The OU Defense earned this win for us last nite as they forced 3 interceptions which led to 13 points. Each team had a pick 6. OU had to settle for 4 FG's as the KSU D buckled down in their own end.

OU Player of the game - Kicker T. Way!!! 4-4 FG's!
    KSU Player of the game - WR B. Banks. 9 Rec for 153 yds and 4 TD's

13. astealthyhippo

I'm looking forward to the Big 12 and SEC conf championship games. Regardless of team matchups, those games should be exciting. The Big East should be interesting if Cincy beats Pitt. That would make a 3-way tie at the top (I think?) with: Cincy loss to USF, USF loss to Pitt...Pitt loses to Cincy??? There's some good stuff upcoming in the Trifecta.

14. Dru50

Tonight likely isn't going to work for me, as I have to play my trifecta game and I have a user game in Coast 2 Coast tonight.

Friday night or the weekend would work better for me.

15. Dru50

Games remaining to play (all CPU games):
    Alabama - will be played tonight
    Cincy - unknown
    Notre Dame - unknown

Gators/Beazus - any chance you two could play these games tonight? Then I could advance us a day early and Noles could possibly get his CPU game in before he heads out of town for the weekend. Otherwise we will advance Friday night as scheduled and then won't likely advance again until Monday.

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

South Carolina - 17
    Tennessee - 38

Both Hardesty and Brown go over 100 yards rushing against the South Carolina defense. Crompton played well and didnt throw a pick! Still has 17 for the season but is slowly improving. We did fumble 3 times though, but the defense held South Carolina in check for most of the game. The Vols get back to .500 at 4-4. Only CPU games are left so hopefully we can make a strong push towards a bowl game in these reamaining 4 games!

17. GoGators

I'll try and play it tonight but I can't guarantee it since I'm not sure what time I'll get out of the office at.

18. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Oklahoma- 47
    Kansas St- 35

Turnovers were the difference this game and Kansas St not able to establish a run game as Oklahoma pounded the rock. Hoping for a rematch in the Big 12 CG with my starters healthy.

19. Dru50

Understood (believe me).

However, the advance is tonight, come hell or high water (or long hours at work), so you'll need to get your game in by 11pm EST.

20. GoGators

Didn't get it in last night. Sorry, after a 14 hour day the last thing I wanted to do was play video games for an hour.

21. Dru50

No worries, as you know, I feel your pain. Just make sure you get the game in tonight sometime.

Thanks

22. GoGators

Due to snowstorms in the Atlanta area, Coach KSherm got to leave his day job early on Friday allowing him to play his game this afternoon.

#13 Cincy 36
    SU 21

Bearcats Win!!!

Boy are the Bearcats excited to have slot WR DJ Wood back from injury. The sophomore couldn't be covered as he torched the SU secondary catching 10 balls for 244 yds and a TD while almost eclipsing the Cincy record book.

The game started out ugly as SU jumped out to a 21-0 lead at the end of the first quarter. The Bearcats gave up big plays and a bad pass by Tony Pike that was returned for a TD were the Bearcats achilles heel.

Thankfully, the Bearcats responded in the second quarter as they went into halftime up 27-21 as they missed an extra point wide left.

The Bearcats controlled the 2nd half sustaining drives and keeping the SU offense on the sideline.

Tony Pike 211 rating, 22/32, 451 yds, 3 TDs
    G. Paulus 182 rating, 20/28, 356 yds TD

Notable Youngsters
    So DE D. Wolfe 8 tackles, 2 tfl, sack
    So WR DJ Woods see above