Season 1 : Wildcard Round

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Psycho, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Season 1 : Wildcard Round

DEADLINE FOR WILDCARD ROUND GAMES IS WEDNESDAY 6PM EST

AFC

San Diego 30 @ Indianapolis 31
    Pittsburgh 7 @ Miami 41

BYES:
    #1 Oakland
    #2 Baltimore

NFC

Green Bay 35 @ Chicago 42
    Dallas 49
    @ Seattle 7

BYES:
    #1 Philadelphia
    #2 New Orleans

Projections :
    AFC
    Miami and Indianapolis, crush Pittsburgh and San Diego setting up Miami-Oakland and Indy-Baltimore Divisional round games. Miami upsets Oakland and goes to Baltimore who beats Indy. Baltimore beats Miami on a last second field goal in the AFC Championship, to go to the Super Bowl.

NFC
    Dallas upsets Seattle (if you can call it that), Chicago somehow manages to beat Green Bay without Culter. This Sets up a Chicago-New Orleans, and Dallas-Philadelphia Divisional games. Philadelphia stomps on the Cowboys, while not having Culter catches up to Chicago and New Orleans beats them. New Orleans then Beats Philly in the NFC Championship, to go to the Super Bowl.

Super Bowl Prediction
    Baltimore attempts to control clock and the game, however down 17-7 at halftime they have no choice but to loosen it up. Flacco fails to loosen anything up, but does get a couple of meanless touchdowns to make this one look better then it was. New Orleans 38, Baltimore 28.

2. Geiger52

Geiger52 Walk On

Wow, I appreciate the faith, but I'm not sure my skills can back up those projections. Hopefully though...

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Let's go Dan Lefevour (sp?)!!

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I have Rodgers back, nothing will stop me, except maybe the Bears hahaha

5. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Where is the love for the Hawks, I mean the Hawks are 7-9, we won the toughest division in the league with some obscure tiebreaker. Two of my starting defensive backs are on IR along with one of my starting DEs. I have the ageless Matt Hasselbeck at quarterback. In every game the owner played the team got killed. Why can't we sim all the games so the Hawks can win the Super Bowl? Again, I have the ageless Matt Hasselbeck, this team is going far!

6. babydemon90

babydemon90 Walk On

I have yet to win a user game, in any fashion, here at TF, so yea, chances are very,very good I'll lose my first game

7. Korenth

Korenth Walk On

Maybe the titans can play you both next year since i'm in the same winless at TF rut!

8. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

:D

Unaware of your winlessness here at TF... so yes Hova will spank you.

9. sreese

sreese Walk On

good luck guys cant wait to see how this goes!

10. Hova

Hey Masler we will have to play this today. I texted u about when. I am napping now and then will be free to play up until 7 pm EST. Tomorrow is a no go because I have work then school allll day long, My day is 2am-10pm tomorrow.

11. Hova

We are going around 4:30 today

12. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Good boys

Looks like I'll be able to advance into the Divisional round after I get home, and we'll have an extra day to play it.

13. Hova

Chicago 42
    Green Bay 35

Chicago needed a run game to stay in this one and that is what they got. HB Forte had a huge day rushing for over 150 yards. The game was neck n neck all game and Chicago look to be in control until Forte FUMBLES at the 4 leaving Green Bay in a comeback drive. Green Bay would score quickly. Chicago then got the ball and drove down the field and scored on a big play to WR Knox. With 1 minute left and the game tied Green Bay started the game winning drive. CB Boiman stepped infront of a Rodgers pass and took it back to the house to seal the Chicago Victory. GG Masler

14. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

so this is the first league I have actually been in that completed a season.. is there no pro bowls or MVP or anything like that? if not we should vote on probowlers and MVP and Defense MVP, or something, for fun... yes/no?

15. Masler

Masler Moderator

Neck n neck it was. Rodgers was on fire but looked very Brett Favrish by throwing a pick at the worst of times. GG

16. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Unfortunately no probowlers, or any individual awards done by Madden.

If you want to get something together you can do it.

BTW - 4-0 in my picks, unfortunately I made a mistake on where Chicago would go if they won... oh well.