Season 1

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Bl0ndeRedHead, Oct 28, 2010.

?

Should we restart from scratch or keep going?

1. Restart

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. Continue

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

As most (if not all) of you know by now our dynasty file got corrupted (thanks Dre ;)) and has been on the fritz since. We want to know what the majority thinks around here as far as restarting/sticking with it goes. The sooner we make this decision the better, as restarting soon would still allow us to get a few years in at least before NCAA '12 comes out. Now if we stick it out with what we have we don't know how much longer we can keep it going before it gets fucked up again. I'm kind of on the fence about it, because I love this Pittsburgh team, but I think it makes sense to restart considering all the problems we've been having.

So what do you guys think we should do? Talk amongst yourselves

edit: we would finish the current season before a restart

2. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I voted for the reboot.

3. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

i vote restart with 3 or 4 conferences one being the ACC go noles

4. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    I'd like to finish the current season since we are in our last week. After that I am all for rebooting otherwise the last 12 weeks is a waste of time and we should stick with 2 equal conferences

My 2 cents

5. Bl0ndeRedHead

Ya we'd obviously finish out the season to give brian some time to set things up (cuz lord knows I don't wanna do all the work :p)

6. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Lol it wasn't obvious to me that's why I prefaced my statement with finishing the current season :)

7. Bl0ndeRedHead

edited for ya

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dru50

Not to be a dick, but if the vote is to restart, what's the point in waiting a week to finish a dead OD season?

Another option is to have someone else host the current file and then Brian can start the new dynasty ASAP.

Just thinking out loud......

9. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

as long as it's designated that if the ACC is a go, I get Clemson lol
    I'd say Big 12/ACC/Big Ten ? I'm not, it's hard to get 2-3 conferences that are equal, you get 2 conferences with 6 users a piece, 3 conferences with 4 users a piece or 4 conferences with 3 users a piece, I just think going all the way to 4 conferences would be to much criteria to cover as far as the weekly Gameday threads & to many CPU games. 2 or 3 conferences, I like the 2 we had going on

10. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    We only have 1 week to go why not finish the season?

11. bawvu97

Featured Threads:

Just busting yourballs

12. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

its not as big of a deal to u guys, but all my video game effort, ALL of it, has gone into this. lotsa u guys have multiple dynasties, i have 1. it'd suck id this restarted, im pretty vested in this

13. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

but if we were forced to restart and switch conferences, i think we have to choose a conference with a notre dame rival, like the big 10. i like the current team setup tho, i like its feel

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Yo Ryan (I'm assuming that's your name lol Yankee-Ry, makes sense, no?) I feel where you're coming from. I think this dynasty is 10x better than any other dynasty I'm in, and spend more time doing content and having convos on the board here with ECB than all the other ones combined, and I know it'll suck to start over. But that said, it'll be the same guys and the same feel, you'll get back to being immersed in our dynasty before you know it ;)

15. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Video Game Effort? Really? Dude....cmon. I am willing to give up my alma mater. It's a video game. We aren't breaking up with you to date your brother, mom dad or best friend. Life goes on

16. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

ok, I didn't mean to start this whole ordeal , the reason I brought up the ACC is because well, we are the EAST COAST brawl. ACC matches up better with the Big East, that was my only reason, no need to bring up Big 10, Big 12, midwest conferences etc.

17. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

time out:

Before we decide on who is who we need to make sure we are all willing to restart. Let's get that figured out first and then we'll go about picking teams and stuff.

We have to finish the season. We've all been playing this whole year and there are only a few games left. We should absolutely finish what we started. Now that being said, if you are a lame duck and are going to the papajohns.com bowl and are not playing for anything, then feel free to not play your game or go on ap. But the WV, Auburns, Georgia's, etc that have had really good years and want to finish their season they absolutely should be able to.

I voted for a restart. Mostly because I'm the one that has to deal with the headache which is the file. Also with the reasoning that if we restarted now we could cycle through an entire 4 year recruiting base and could play a season at the end with all recruited players. If we wait and the file gets corrupted beyond repair in December, then we won't be able to do that, and likely most of your recruits will never see the field, which would really blow. That's the beauty of the college game and the online dynasty in itself. So that's why I voted the way I did.

Yankee: Was that a serious comment or were you joking or what?

I know smalls wants a restart so that's 8 votes to 1. So it looks like we'll be restarting. I still would like to hear from Tre, Boda, Raji, and Dre. I have a feeling Dre and Raji aren't really going to care, but if I'm wrong please say so. Tre and Boda, what say you?

And Chris, thanks for posting the poll for me and taking the bull by the horns. I appreciate that. I won't go into details, but this was the last thing on my mind last night. Life can be a real bitch sometimes.

18. BDSDIGITAL

Ok, since it looks like we will be restarting I want to get a jump on the new team/conference alignment.

What I want you to do please is post in this thread your top 5 team selections (if you only have 3 teams you really want then post 3, but no more than 5)

Forget conference. Just post your top team requests. I don't care if it's Hawaii, Oklahoma, etc. We'll get it hammered out. If you have a STRONG preference then post that it is your strong preference.

No other banter please. Just the team selection. Keep it clean for me please.

Yankee. Feel free to list notre dame only. If you want to continue as ND I have no problem with that.

19. BDSDIGITAL

1. Oklahoma
    2. NC State
    3. Georgia Tech
    4. Colorado
    5. Oklahoma State

Let me also say that I'm not married to anything. The only teams I don't want are big 10 teams, since I hate all other big 10 teams and I am already Ohio State in a dynasty that has been running for 7 or 8 seasons total. So if you guys want a certain conference as the selections shake out and need another body in that conference I'll fit it in.

20. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

1. Clemson
    2. Clemson
    3. Clemson
    4. Clemson
    5. Clemson

hold up

6. Clemson

Ok I'll post what I really want

1. Clemson
    2. Clemson
    3. Clemson
    4. Clemson
    5. Clemson

Ok for real

1. Clemson - Strongest by far
    2. Iowa
    3. Nebraska
    4. Michigan
    5. Wisconsin

21. Dru50

1. Florida (assuming the ACC becomes available and TEClemson moves to the Tigers)
    2. LSU
    3. Nebraska
    4. North Carolina
    5. Virginia Tech

Kind of like Brian though, I'm only dating these selections. No ring has been purchased yet, and I can still be talked away from the altar.

22. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Oregon
    Wisconsin
    Wvu

23. Dru50

After thinking about it a bit, I realized that the Heels will be slaughtered when using more updated rosters, plus I decided to go with all teams that I've never used in an OD. My revised choices are below:

1. Florida
    2. Michigan
    3. Nebraska
    4. Ohio St
    5. Georgia

24. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

Yo I talked raji he said he doesnt care either way. I believe my vote is already counted in the seven

25. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

speaking of Dre...where the hell has he been ?