Season 10 (2020) - Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by recchem2000, Jan 26, 2012.

1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

(y)

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Michigan St. 42
    Texas 14

It took Michigan St. a quarter and a half to really get rolling at Texas. Ryan Johnson took the start at QB, and after throwing a pick on his first possession, he played lights out with 292 yards and 5 TD passes. The story of the game was Kevin Alexander’s day. Alexander finished 2nd in the Heisman last year, but didn’t get nearly as many touches as most HB’s. He only had 12 carries, but he made good on them, rushing for 212 yards and a score. He also had a receiving TD and a good day on punt returns. MSU had 568 yards and only allowed 2 sacks which both came in the 1st drive. The defense had 4 interceptions which was the difference in the game.

Ryan Johnson (QB)- 17-32 for 292 yards, 5 TD, INT, 7 carries for 21 yards
    Kevin Alexander (HB)- 12 carries for 212 yards, TD, 3 receptions for 32 yards, TD
    Sam Singleton (WR)- 4 receptions for 75 yards
    Demetrius Patterson (WR)- 3 receptions for 65 yards, TD
    Kyler White (LB)- 10 tackles, 2 TFL
    AJ Keller (CB)- 2 tackles, 2 INT
    Shane Whitlock (FS)- 8 tackles, 2 TFL, sack, INT
    Marcus Pittman (SS)- 5 tackles, 2 TFL, INT

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG][​IMG]
    30-27(OT)

In a titanic regular season match-up that will be tough to top this season, #1 Ohio State headed out to Cali for a dogfight @ #2 Stanford. It was tight the whole way and would take overtime to decide the winner.

The two juggernauts would both establish the run (Sean Page is definitely the Bucks starting RB), both defenses would make clutch plays, and each team played well enough to win vs. any other squad. These werent just any other squad though... OSU and Stanford would trade scores until the very end. The Cardinal scored a TD to take a 3-pt lead with 4:00 left in the game. It would take more defensive play-making to get the ball back with enough time to score, but the Bucks came up in the clutch. A FG with 1:09 left in the game gave the Buckeyes new life. Stanford would kneel it out and take it to OT.

The Cardinal won the toss and put their Defense out first. When it looked like Stanford was about to force a FG, Kevin Hughes hit WR Brock Murphy on a post vs. Cover 2 for a 21-yd TD. Stanford was not able to convert/punch it in and the Buckeyes had a quick celebration on the field before rushing to locker room and GTFO of town.

gg Cheez Both teams look poised for another National Championship run, and it is not far-fetched to talk about a possible rematch in the NC between these two teams. Next week, OSU faces off vs. a scrappy ASU team who is looking to make some noise by knocking off the #1 team in the country.

Stats really tell the tale for OSU's offense in this tough-fought game:

Kevin Hughes
    9/13 122yd 1TD 0INT

Sean Page
    25ATT 226yd 3TD

Brock Murphy
    4REC 39yd 1TD

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#17 BSU 14
    WSU 43

WSU opened the 2020 campaigned with an impressive win over the Broncos. WSU QB Andrew Jones did not get the memo that WSU was going to be more of a running offense this year as he threw for over 300 yards a 4 TD passes. The first TD pass was a 76 yard TD pass to Travis Brown to make the score 14-7. Then right before half Jones threw another TD pass to Brown, this time it was a 35 yard bomb. In the second half, the running game got going with HB Matt Moore scoring on a 8 yard TD run. The defense then got a safety after Jones threw a pick near the goal line. Then Jones threw his third TD pass of the game to Mark Palmer. To cap off his impressive day Jones threw a 38 yard TD pass to Gary Pollard. Up Next Northwestern.

5. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

L
    Good to see you're back to your winning ways :)

6. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Thanks, once I realized I couldn't run to the left because of this unblockable DE, life got somewhat easier. It is a good confidence win, sometimes you need them to start off the season.

7. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Notre Dame rides 42 point 2nd quarter to a 55-3 win!

Fifth year Senior CB Dorian Anderson has quietly worked his way through a career of limited action in South Bend. He is fast but undersized and even now finds himself fourth on the Irish depth chart at corner, meaning he gets occasional time on the field in dime situations. Dorian also won a spot as the teams return man this fall. Saturday's home opener against Clemson was the culmination of a hard working kid sticking with it and coming through when he was asked. Anderson was the star of a second quarter explosion by the Irish. Dorian took a punt 61 yards for a TD with 2 minutes left in the half, then with just over a minute left, he intercepted a pass in the flats and sprinted 37 yards for his second TD in less than 60 seconds, he would finish the game with 122 PR yards on 5 attempts. The rest of the Irish team looked efficient and the backups played the entire second half after the starters amassed a 52-0 halftime advantage. Next up for the Irish is a road trip to the Big House to face the rival Wolverines of Michigan.

8. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sun Devils Dance in the Rain
    defeat Central Florida 17-3

It wasn’t pretty, but the Arizona State Sun Devils found a way to upend #23 Central Florida 17-3.

The game started off quite nicely though as Arizona State scored a TD on their opening drive of the season, converting on four third down situations in the process. QB Cody Vickers found WR Tramon Williams on a slant who then proceeded to split two defenders on his way to the end zone. The remainder of the half was uneventful as both teams struggled to find a rhythm In what appeared to be a torrential downpour. The lone touchdown would hold for Arizona State as they would take a 7-3 lead into the half.

The third quarter would belong to the Sun Devils, allowing them to get much needed separation. After tacking on a 33 yard field goal to extend the lead to 10-3, the Sun Devils would force a turnover setting them up with excellent field position. On the ensuing snap, HB Ross Rust would find the end zone on a 30 yard TD run in which he was untouched. Considering the elements, the 17-3 lead proved to be too much for Central Florida to overcome.

Up next for the Sun Devils, is a date with #1 Ohio State. The Sun Devils have opened up as 41 ½ point underdogs against the two-time defending National Champion Buckeyes who are fresh off an exciting OT win over #2 Stanford.

Notable Stats
    QB Cody Vickers - 14/26, 138 yards, TD, 3 INT
    HB Ross Rust – 22 car, 87 yards, TD, long of 30
    WR Tramon Lewis – 3 rec, 40 yards, TD
    CB Brad Hawkins – 3 tack, INT, FF

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  9. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

Huskers Run all over The Noles

FSU 6
    Nebraska 28

The Huskers opened the season with a nice win over Florida State. They ran the ball extremely well finishing with 321 yards a 3 TDs on the ground. The 1-2 punch of HB's Dan Kemp and Tom Brown kept The FSU defense on the field for a majority of the game. Defensively the Husker defense really took it to FSU. They Intercepted 5 passes and sacked the QB 4 times. Now they look forward to a match up against Jayrah and his cal squad

10. Jayrah

[​IMG][​IMG]

Golden Bears struggle a bit, but take care of Mustangs 36-29

Cal really had a tough time scoring touchdowns but kicked 4 field goals in route to a victory over a scrappy SMU squad. Cal started off with a pick 6 by rs freshman Rashard Watkins, and then kicked a field goal and was primed to go up more. However a super interception by an SMU linebacker changed the game, and SMU took a 14-10 lead a few moments later, right before the half. Cal had a quick rebuttal though, and answered with a bomb from Norman to a lunging Jones (who is a big 6'7 93 spd wr) in the back of the endzone to take a 17-14 lead into the half.

The recipe in the second half was a steady diet of Kyle Higdon, who's found himself quite an opportunity with Capps leaving early and a very healthy offseason. And the course was delicious, as Higdon carried 29 times for 150 yards and the sealing touchdown with just over a minute to play. SMU kept making a game out of it by holding Cal to 3 second half fgs, but Cal's D was relentless while being air raided, forcing 4 turnovers, and keeping the 'Stangs an arms' length away.

Up next Cal prepares for a test against highly ranked Nebraska, who barely held on to beat the Bears last year. This time the Huskers are the road team, and that could make a difference.

11. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

[​IMG]

The Badgers dominated FCS opponent in week 2 of the 2020 season 66-7. QB Karl Bailey completed 11 out f 14 passes and threw for 194 yards and 1 TD. HB Craig May(2nd string) rushed for 84 yards on 1 carries and scored once. There were alot of special teams and defensive TDs in this game. Next week the Badgers play Marshall at Marshall.

12. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#3 MSU 45
    #6 UCLA 26

Michigan State was looking for revenge from last year’s loss to UCLA in the Rose Bowl. This time they got to play them at MSU drew first blood with a 9 yard TD pass with 2:53 left in the 1st, but when UCLA looked to counter, they fumbled the kickoff return and MSU scored on the 1st play after to take a 14-0 lead. MSU kicked a late FG in the 2nd half and led 24-3 at the break, but UCLA’s offense wasn’t done. After a UCLA FG it was 24-6. Then UCLA had to battle Heisman candidate Kevin Alexander to win the game, and Alexander made too many big plays. After a UCLA TD, Alexander scored 14 seconds later on a 75-yard TD run. Then after another UCLA TD, Alexander scored on a 97-yard kickoff return 11 seconds later. And when UCLA scored with 6:48 left to make it 38-26, they thought they had Alexander by kicking it 9 yards deep, but he was able to score once again, effectively ending the game. GG recchem2000 special teams did it with 2 TD’s on my side and a fumble that led to a TD on your side. Pretty even other than that and I had a tough time stopping your offense in the 2nd half.

MSU Stats
    Ryan Johnson (QB)-14-22 for 174 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    Kevin Alexander (HB)- 16 carries for 126 yards, 2 KR TD
    Walter Montgomery (HB)- 2 carries for 50 yards
    Sam Singleton (WR)- 5 receptions for 64 yards, TD
    Brandon Washington (WR)- 3 receptions for 62 yards, TD
    Shane Whitlock (FS)- 9 tackles, sack
    Kyler White (LB)- 6 tackles, TFL, INT

UCLA Stats
    Gereen Wilson (QB)- 13-32 for 297 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT
    Anthur Lawson (HB)- 12 carries for 90 yards, TD
    Keith Swan (WR)- 3 receptions for 127 yards, TD
    Kevin Williams (WR)- 3 receptions for 86 yards, TD
    Brent Newell (FS)- 6 tackles, TFL, INT

13. Bulldog

Did you sober up before you wrote this summary? lol

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Kapono good game. You claimed to be drunk but you still kicked my ass...lets play sober next time ;) That little bastard Alexander killed me! I hate him...not one but two kick off returns for TD. Good luck in the B1G. Maybe we can meet again in the Rose Bowl...I like it better than anyways!

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think his senses were heightened!

16. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

No spelling mistakes? I honestly thought I had no chance winning this game

17. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

National Championship or bust! And sorry for claiming I was drunk, I really was...Either you expected to beat me easily or you had just as much to drink as me ;)

18. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I've been drinking but I figured it was a fair fight...the special teams and turnovers did me in...could of been sober and had that happen!

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

That doesnt make me feel good :(

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I had a bad night too. Thought I had a chance tonight and she just went home with her roommate :(. Feel better? No, eh worth a shot anyways

• Like Like x 2
  21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

There is always tomorrow night in college!

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

(y) Yeah maybe tomorrow.

But I'm getting too old, I'm 20 already. (I know you don't want to hear that)

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Dislike button!!!:mad:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jayrah

+1,000,000

25. Bulldog

#18[​IMG]@[​IMG]

Badgers dominate Thundering Herd 59-21!
    [​IMG]

In week 3 the Badgers dominated the Marshall Thundering Herd 59-21. We didn't waste any time scoring in the 1st quarter. We scored 4 touchdowns in the 1st quarter but in the 2nd quarter we were scoreless. In the 3rd quarter QB Karl Bailey threw 2 quick touchdowns and we put in the backups because at this point it had gotten out of hand. The Badgers had 2 touchdowns on defense both scored by MLB #56 Akeem Anderson(beast).

On offense QB Karl Bailey completed 13 out of 21 passes and threw for 270 yards and 3 touchdowns. HB Adam Stewart ran for 153 yards on 9 carries and scored 2 touchdowns. That earned him player of the game and i think we need new sliders lol. HB(2nd string) Craig May ran for 78 yards on 11 carries and thats only because he was purposely running into defenders trying not to score lol. I had chew clock on by the middle of the 3rd quarter. On the receiving end TE Curtis Williams had a great game catching 4 passes for 2 touchdowns and 123 yards. Williams is really a big weapon for us which is weird because i've never really thrown to my TE as often as i do him.

On defense the entire defense was player of the game IMO. CB Chad Waller had 5 tackles, 1 sack and 1 interception. LE John Baker had 3 tackles, 1 sack and 2 forced fumbles. LOLB John Mackenzie had 3 tackles, 1 interception and 1 forced fumble. MLB Akeem Anderson had 2 tackles, 1 sack and 2 defensive touchdowns on returned fumbles. DT Johnathan Fitzpatrick had 1 tackle and 1 sack.

On special teams we returned 1 kickoff and 2 punt returns but they were ALL called back for either clipping or holding. It seemed like every return we had a penalty for either holding or clipping.

Next week we play Eastern Michigan at home and hope to keep the undefeated season alive.