Season 10 Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Bondzai, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Michigan lands 1 insta-commit in week 1.

[​IMG]

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Not sure what I did to piss off the game genie, evidently I spent all my good will last season. My recruiting this year will have to be on my belly. Northwestern looks good for several recruits, and Oregon State and Stanford should be interesting.

Of course I got a Keller schedule again thanks to the Big 10. A home game in week 2 and week 7 against Nevada. Hopefully next season I will have some home conference games before week 10.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A few users were like this. I was faced with giving you a home game on week 4 or week 7. Figured Week 7 isn't as brutal.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Thanks for posting this, I almost threw an hour at him

• Like Like x 1
  5. OMlawdog

Nice pick up for Michigan early. The recruiting this year for me is extremely frustrating. Im first for only 3 players that are 4 star or better, and all three of them suck ass.

Like I said, recruiting this year is going to be tough. Definitely can't expect to have a class like I did last year.

6. OMlawdog

Just looked at my recruiting for this year, and man what a potentially terrible class. I have 16 scholarships open, but I don't plan on cutting two players, so really I only have 14 scholarships available and so far I only have 11 on my board because I need every minute with every player that is giving me a look.

7. OMlawdog

One of the most interesting recruits in this year's crop is Brian Simpson a 6'1" 255lb athlete that runs a 4.44 40 yard dash out of New Jersey.

I mean 6'1" 255 lbs and a 4.44 40 yard dash? Good lord. Im not sure he has a position other than RB, but Brandon Jacobs thinks he is too big for RB.

It doesn't help the rest of us that the best corner in the country is from Oregon and is just plain nasty and by nasty I mean A speed and A man coverage. So like I said, N-A-S-T-Y.

Throw in Carnell Hooper at HB who makes Kimbrough look like a bitch and this year's recruiting class looks stout.

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

That corner is sick. I originally put him on my board just out of principle, then decided it wasn't even worth it. No pipeline in Oregon so I'd have virtually no shot.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Eff, half of my recruiting didn't stick... Put me behind the 8 ball on a few guys I was hoping to snag.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    what you mean didn't stick?

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I don't think the calls went through. 3 or 4 of the guys I offered didn't have offers anymore. My Xbox froze after like the first 4 hours of recruiting, but when I came back it said I'd called the guys so I assumed it went through.

12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    oh that fuckin sucks

13. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Hoosiers first instant commit.....

Player Stats

[​IMG]MARCUS CROSS MLB
    • Height: 6'0"
    • Weight: 240 lbs
    • Hometown: Evanston, IL
    • Tendency: Coverage
    • Indiana
    Cross has solid speed and strength with good size to play in the middle... next year he will redshirt but he could really be special inside for the Hoosiers in a couple of seasons....

14. OMlawdog

This is the worst start ever for me in recruiting. Im cutting people off my board like crazy. Im not first with a single player, its insane. Im already looking at 3 stars almost exclusively.

Just a brutal start after such a good one last year.

15. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  16. Emmdotfrisk

Week 1 commit...

Screen Shot 2012-01-17 at 4.43.26 PM.png

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
  18. Emmdotfrisk

Yeah his strength worries me but he is big enough that he may be a decent OL by his JR season

19. OMlawdog

Illinois is really just going after about 10 players right now and hopes to land all 10, though its going to be tough. Northwestern appears to be a new foe, and Iowa and the rest of the Big 10 are old foes.

Had a big week with my number 1 player overall, not sure it will matter with Bama having a huge lead, but we shall see. I really like this DE out of Kentucky that Im going to move to DT, he is a big mobile 6'3" 298 lb DE that can move.

Not a lot of playmakers in this year's recruiting class for me, but im going after 5 OL that if I can land them all, I will really set myself up for success in the coming years because I will finally have some OL depth, which in this year's game is very tough to have.

20. Emmdotfrisk

Its going to be a real battle for Pittman, right now you have the edge.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    (*****) QB David Smith has committed to Oregon State

PS#1 QB has committed to the Beavers. 6'2'' 188 lbs with B+ THP and THA? Yes please.

22. OMlawdog

Yeah, Im hoping to hold onto him, but you just never know. I may have to move him to OT, but I just want bodies on the OL. OL are such a scarce commodity in this year's game any chance I have to land one, I have to take it.

23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Man I was disappointed to see him commit already, he's a stud. I was hoping to at least put up somewhat of a fight. Should be pulling in a JUCO guy with basically the same attributes though, unfortunately he'll be coming in as a junior, and I have a sophomore QB that is pretty solid. I figure I can redshirt the JUCO guy, and have him for a year as a senior. I don't have much QB depth at the moment, so we're trying to make due with what we've got.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I saw that guy. Looks nice. Any other year I would have loved to go after a guy like that.

I could take another QB in this class, but it would have to be the right guy.

25. OMlawdog

Illinois picks up two nice commits this week;

Mike Stewart a :4stars: QB out of New Hampshire committed to Illinois. He is more of a mobile QB, but has solid passer ratings, and won't be needed for several years so he can sit and progress.

Kevin Rhodes a :3stars: OT that fits a need for Illinois.

Right now the biggest issue facing Illinois is being able to get a few of these players in for visits in week 7. Im not sure some of these guys will make it to week 7, if not I probably won't have a good class. As it stands, its fairly average, but Im still hoping for a few surprises.