Season 10 - Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Boom29, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Wyrmreaver, how good was that guy for you to have offered a lowly :3stars:?

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Didn't offer, just doing a little scouting....... I only have 12 schollies to give, so I was able to start mining for gold early. I have already found a couple nice gems that I am hoping to get :)

3. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Yeah, I meant to say that you were targeting. The suspense with gems kills me because sometimes there's another user who's on that player's list and you just hope they don't find out.

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

And Mizzou uses their :5stars: up. Happy trails to you on the blue chip trail this season (y)

5. Wyrmreaver

True story.... I signed the #1 CB and the #1 G

Now i'll just pick and choose from all of the gems I have on my board :p

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I was going after both those guys too. You suck :mad:

7. Wyrmreaver

You were #2 on both guys boards when I offered :D

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Then I was going after them...think I had some monster calls to them too promising the world to them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jayrah

TAMU starts their 15 spots with :4stars: #6 QB Steve Turner out of Homer, LA. 6'3" 216 and a pure pocket passer. He is a different QB than we've been getting but the offense has gone less read as of late and is pretty adaptable out of the multiple sets. 91 THP and 85 THA makes him a good find as he won't play till he's a jr anyway.

10. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Week 3 will determine which 5 * OL i shoot for. Hoping to leap Auburn after having them leap me on the #1 T. He visisted Auburn in week 2 and soft commit... Here's hoping this weeks visit to Gainesville impresses him more. Otherwise, attention focuses to the #1 C who we're not really in love with.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Signed a couple of needs. Got the #1 Kicker and #1 Fullback to commit. Also found a +15 Center and grabbed him as well. Signed my first :5stars: of the year. #2 Tackle Bruce Houston. Comes in at 81 OVR with 85 pass block, 84 run block and 85 impact block. Should be a stud for years to come on the O-Line.

12. Wyrmreaver

Signed a bunch of guys...... only 4 more schollies left to give

13. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I cant beleive that asshole Bruce Houston signed with you :p

He will never be welcomed in The Swamp. He lied to us! lol. Attention now goes to the #1 C which is a need but we dont like the #1 C. lol.

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think he's visiting Auburn this week too :p

You grabbed that CB we were fighting over. Must of had a good time with those Gainseville whores ;)

15. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Ha he will be living there for 4 years :p

He visited you in Week 2 when you jumped me to #1 and with a soft commit. Apparently the whores whom attracted the CB were not as appealing to Mr. Houston lol

Grabbing the CB was a small victory.

16. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Wyrmreaver Clutch week of recruiting for arkansas. Got the hard commit from that TE we were fighting over. You definitely would have had him with your week 5 visit if he had not committed. I did not think I was going to get him with my 600 point talk. I am surprised he bypassed the soft commit phase.

17. Wyrmreaver

I know! I expected him to be a soft this week and I'd have a shot with a visit..... Oh well, plan B it is. :)

18. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Wyrmreaver,

If you end up taking that corner I will be slightly pissed. Damn your patty cake schedule! ;)

Crisis averted :)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Wyrmreaver

I think I jumped in a week late.... I hadnt fully scouted then I saw you pull away and I was like, wait, he must be good..... :)

20. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I was worried because I had to jump you and whygodwhy1111. I felt safe when I had him coming for a visit, and next thing I know you're right there...whew, glad it worked out.

21. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Miami Strikes Gold
    Inks first recruits of season

Ronald Gaddis - QB (#50) :3stars:
    Miami appears to have found its QB of the future. Upon visiting Ronald, the Miami coaching staff found both his accuracy and throw power to have been greatly understated by the recruiting services.

Chase Thomas - T (#48) :3stars:
    Chase is another find for the Canes. While he still needs to develop his pass blocking, he has the tools to be dominating in the running game.

Jerry O'Donnell - CB (#24) :3stars:
    Jerry is the best cover corner that the Canes have recruited in Coach Boom's tenure. While his athleticism not elite, he should still develop into a shut-down corner. The Canes almost had a heart-attack when Jerry flirted with Missouri. However, knowing that the Canes were the first team to show interest, he ultimately came back to the Canes.

Rasheed Williams - K (#22) :3stars:
    Miami needed a powerful kicker to replace a departing four-year starter and found him in Rasheed. Rasheed will likely begin with punting duties, before working his way into the kicker role.

Eric Jones - T (#27) :3stars:
    Eric will provide depth at the tackle position. He is a capable pass blocker, but will likely not start in the foreseeable future.

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

FSU Signs 2 Athletes
    FSU found 2 guys with similar skill sets and names in Micah and Phil Johnson. :5stars: Micah Johnson is the #6 player in the country and will come in as an 82 overall WR. He may be in the FSU WR rotation in his first year or 2 depending on how long redshirt sophomore QB Lionel Allen stays before the NFL Draft. Johnson though looks like he may start at QB by his junior year with 91 throw power and 79 accuracy. This would put a huge change to FSU's offense who haven't had a scrambler in a long time. With 90 speed, 85 acceleration, and a 90 carrying rating this offense could take off....Or he could play WR and be really good too.

The other guy is about the same, :4stars:ATH Paul Johnson who scouts at a 78 overall WR. But Paul may be even better than Micah Johnson in terms on potential on both sides of the ball, and possibly QB. 90 speed and 88 acceleration make him faster than Micah and his arm is about equal (91,78). 79 catching is average but 86 route running makes him a good receiver. He also has great defensive skills in 87 man, 85 zone and with average 70 tackling. His options will be QB, WR, and CB. We could see him play early as a nickel back and then move to corner, while also playing a little WR. Or he could be our QB if Micah Johnson plays WR.

23. Wyrmreaver

Not my best recruiting year..... I like the 10 we have and I can still ink 2 more..... but I lost a pair of recruiting battles which is rare for us at Mizzou!

First Boom29 beat me out for a shutdown corner, then recchem2000 snuck up on me and slipped off with a 6'6" 236 lb monster with 90+ speed that has the potential to be an absolute beast at WR....

Nice work gentlemen, I shall endeavor to take out my frustrations when next we meet on the field :blackeye:

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jayrah

90 SPD LB/WR combo? That's downright NASTY! recchem2000

25. Jayrah

Aggies have had a good recruiting year. Their best in terms of star power, but still tbd on the ovr strength of the class because several guys are dropping as we're able to eval them. Did a terrible job scouting ATH in the preseason and it's put us in a position where we may get less value than we expected out of our "top" signees. Still, not bad. Board updated in 2-3 minutes