Season 10 recruiting

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by bringbackjimmy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Season 10 recruiting

Started off with a bang and got 2 instant commits 1 from the #1 CB and from a T...

2. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Im loving this recruiting class at first glance. Not really strong at HB from what I saw, which is fine with me. Seems like there are plenty of WR's to choose from, so I should be able to get at least 1, there usually isnt any left for me after Virgina/FSU and Georgia scoop them all up.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

[​IMG]

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

In case you are wondering, if we go with lower tier teams from the SEC or ACC, Big XII the following teams don't count:

Florida
    LSU
    Miami
    Florida State
    Oklahoma
    Texas

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

What is this pick on BBJ day lol(y)

i was actually thinking unc or BC

6. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Recruiting just seems a whole lot less competative than seasons past, must be the 3 guys we are missing. I'm battling FSU for the #1 DT, he is another man child and if I land him I may have to make the switch to the 4-3.

7. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

i just noticed this post.....

[​IMG]

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    A&M got a commit from the PS#3 QB Andrews. He wanted to stay close to home. He's not as talented as Kris Hughes, but he's a mobile guy with a decent arm.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Virginia got two instant commits for Week 1.... and :3stars: ATH with decnet speed and coverage skills and a :4stars: DT who is from virginia and could develop into something decent down the line....

10. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    A&M received a huge commitment from :4stars: FS PS#1 Wayne Sellers. This guy could end up being one of the best LBs we have ever had.

Some atts off the top of my head: 6'5'' 218 lbs b- spd, b agility, b mancov, b zone, a- pursuit, b+ hit power, b tackling, a- acceleration, b block shedding, a- jumping and the list goes on.

I think I got those right, might have a couple switched around.

11. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Just signed 5* ath martin who looks to be the next beastly mobile qb. Hopefully comes in as a so in case Collins doesn't leave early.

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, I should have pushed harder for that ATH. I gave up a couple of hours once I signed that :5stars: QB.

A&M received two commitments this week from a solid :5stars: SS PS#2 and :4stars: ATH PS#4 Grier who looks to be a really good FB. If so, he will definitely play his FR year. I was trying to get a FB in last year and couldn't. Now my starter is a SR(RS) with no one behind him.

13. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

Yeah, he looked pretty solid, but I have been burnt by too many JUCO players to go after one, I have yet to bring one in that has progressed much at all.

14. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I was really just looking to get him as a buffer between my next QB. Would have worked out perfect.

15. OMlawdog

UCLA signed the number 1 rated WR who is 6'5" 195 lbs and has 4.40 speed. He has good catch ratings and looks to be a solid receiver for UCLA. As I sit here, I can't recall his name, but he looks really solid.

UCLA had about 10 prospects in for visits week 6 and hopefully we will lock down most of our recruiting class this week.

16. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

As long as the OLB i am going after commits this week(he soft) i am done recruiting untill the offseason...Hopefully there is a bad ass dline guy there...

17. bogey21

bogey21 Walk On

We signed the #1 player in the country, a DT that looks to be an absolute superstar. He will be paired with the #2 player in the nation from last season, a DT also who came in at a 87 overall to make one of the best DL's in the nation for the next few years. We are not looking to move away from the 3-4 so one may get moved to DE.

18. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I don't know HOW you got him. The week before you signed him, I put 3 hours into him with 2x...and you still signed him.

19. Bondzai

Position PS# Name Caliber Ht Wt 40 Hometown Best Attributes
    TE 61 Stan Ginn :2stars: 6'6'' 255 4.92 Vero Beach, FL B- catching, pass block strength, pass block footwork
    DE 69 Kevin Bentley :2stars: 6'2'' 257 4.64 South Augusta, GA B pursuit/C+ speed, tackle

Picked up a couple recruits. I think Ginn could turn into something.

20. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    A&M received phone calls from both the #1 C and the #1 SS in the country this week. Nothing really exciting about them, but they should be able to redshirt and learn the system.

21. OMlawdog

UCLA picked up two commits both from LB's one is a MLB that may be moved to OLB, but could stay at MLB if a guy we signed last year doesn't develop.

That gives UCLA three commits so far with two LB's and 1 WR. UCLA has 11 scholarships to hand out assuming no one leaves. There are 8 guys on my board, and I expect to lose 1 or 2 to the draft and probably won't sign 8 more this regular season. Should be interesting.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The ags picked up a surprise commitment last weekend with TE Nathan Snyder #4 giving his verbal to come play ball in College Station. At 6'4'' 246, Nathan should have at least a year to learn the ropes before he is asked to carry any of the TE load in our offense.

It was a surprise because we were behind on him and he had a week 10 visit to Florida. I thought for sure I wasn't going to land him.

23. Bondzai

Georgia Tech 2018 Recruiting Board

Position PS# Name Caliber Ht Wt 40 Hometown Best Attributes
    ATH 42 Leonard Cook :2stars: 6'1'' 183 4.50 Arlington, VA B speed, B- agility, man coverage
    MLB 45 Kevin Johnston :2stars: 6'1'' 220 4.74 Jackson, AL B- tackle, block shedding, hit power
    DE 59 Stan Denman :2stars: 6'1'' 210 4.66 Tarpon Springs, FL B pursuit/B- tackle
    TE 61 Stan Ginn :2stars: 6'6'' 255 4.92 Vero Beach, FL B- catching, pass block strength, pass block footwork
    HB 61 Chance Grant :2stars: 6'1'' 195 4.62 Oregon, OH B juke move/B- speed, stiff arm
    DE 69 Kevin Bentley :2stars: 6'2'' 257 4.64 South Augusta, GA B pursuit/C+ speed, tackle
    FS 74 Wade Morris :2stars: 5'11'' 175 4.52 Berwick, LA B speed, agility/B- tackle
    T 75 Eric James :2stars: 6'3'' 278 5.06 Robinson, TX B- pass block, impact blocking
    WR 80 Joey Green :2stars: 6'0'' 183 4.50 Fayeteville, TN B+ jumping/B speed, stamina/B- agility, juke move
    WR 84 Curt Rogers (JUCO) :2stars: 6'1'' 172 4.64 Camden, NJ B agility, juke move/B- jumping

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Position PS# Name Caliber Ht Wt Notes
    QB 3 Aaron Andrews :5stars: 6'1'' 219 B- speed with a B+ arm. Decently mobile and a gret overall athlete. Could battle for the starting job as a freshmen.
    FS 1 Wayne Sellers :4stars: 6'5'' 216 One of the best LB prospects of recent memory. Super explosive player who can find the ball and make the hit.
    ATH 4 Nick Grier :4stars: 6'1'' 221 Played FB and LB in high school. Great build and work ethic. Verbal to A&M on an offer for playing FB. Could start immediately.
    SS 2 Patrick Palmer :5stars: 6'0'' 169 Average speed and great instincts. Takes great angles to the ball and can lay the wood despite the below avg size for a S.
    SS 1 Robert Bowie :5stars: 5'10'' 198 Better speed and DB skills than Palmer but doesn't read the play as well.
    C 1 Brian Cox :5stars: 6'1'' 292 Better footwork than upper body skills currently. Not elite size.
    TE 4 Nathan Snyder :4stars: 6'4'' 246 Fits the mold of a TE in Coach Drifter's offense. Good speed and hands. Will have at least a year to learn the blocking scheme.
    DE 7 Kevin Long :4stars: 6'2'' 230 Not the prototypical size of a DE in the A&M scheme, but Long runs and tackles well.
    C 4 Bill Beck :4stars: 6'6'' 294 More polished upper body strength than Cox. Could compete with Cox for playing time or move to G and contribute.
    CB 6 Maurice Hagen :4stars: 5'11'' 188 Great footwork, even for a DB. Speed to keep up and burst to close. Not very physical.

25. Bondzai

The #1 and #2 SS?!? Now you're just being greedy.