Season 10 Scores.......

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by jkhaalis991, Feb 17, 2011.

1. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 1: FSU @ Colorado

[​IMG]
    FSU HOLDS ON TO WIN, BEATING COLORADO 31-24
    Great game by QB Quinton Peterson who threw for 346 yds & 4 TDs. HB P.J. Thornton put up 90 yds on 20 carries. WRs Todd Harwell & Ryan Williams combined for 13 catches, 277 yds & 2 TDs.
    The defense played well. Led by MLB Kevin Zeigler who had 13 tackles. The defense needs to play better as we go forward.
    Next week, FSU heads to Notre Dame.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

#18 LSU: 38
    Louisville: 7

This was a good balanced and efficient game for LSU. QB Brian Robertson was 10/14 with 205 yards and 2 tds. HB Terrence Wilcox carried the load on the ground racking up 183 yards and scoring 3 times. The defense wouldn't really allow Louisville to do anything and forced 2 fumbles and sacked the quarterback twice.

Next up is a huge game at Mississippi St.

3. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Week 2: FSU @ Notre Dame
    [​IMG]
    FSU PULLS AWAY IN THE END, BUT AT A HIGH COST, BEATING NOTRE DAME 41-27
    This game was close until the last 2 minutes of the game. Notre dame had a chance to tie it up & was moving the ball well until a fumble & return for a TD gave us the 41-27 win.
    QB Quinton Peterson went down early with an injury & RS FR Junior Brady stepped in & played well throwing for 232 yds & 3 TDs. His accuracy needs alot of improvement, but he has good power. HB P.J. Thornton had 87 yds on 24 carries. Thornton is really getting of to a slow start. Hopefully he can get it going the next few weeks. WR Todd Harwell had 4 catches for 111 yds & 1 TD. TE Will Lawson put in 3 catches for 110 yds & 1 TD.
    The defense looked sluggish in the 2nd & 3rd quarter giving up 27 point, but came back to life in the 4th. Led by MLB Kevin Keigler who had 12 tackles, 1 force fumble & 1 fumble recovery. DT Bryan Patterson had 2 sacks.
    QB Quinton Peterson is out for at least 3 games with a strained pectoral. With the next 3 games against #7 BC, Miami & #22 Georgia Tech, we hope to go at least 1-2.
    Next week, FSU heads to #7 BC.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 1 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 7 10 7 7 31

[​IMG] 7 3 14 0 24

First Quarter

03:31 TD Ohio State Mike Williams WR #89 38 yard pass from Joey Jackson QB #1
    01:11 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 2 yard rush

Second Quarter

07:53 TD Georgia Anthony James WR #11 34 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    04:28 FG Ohio State Mark Luke K #18 30 yard field goal
    00:00 FG Georgia Rashad Jackson K #16 34 yard field goal

Third Quarter

05:36 TD Georgia Anthony James WR #11 26 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    03:35 TD Ohio State Justin Jones HB #44 2 yard rush
    00:18 TD Ohio State Joey Wilcox HB #23 3 yard rush

Fourth Quarter

02:56 TD Georgia Matthew Manson WR #89 60 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Eric Wilson 24 14 347 3 0

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Adam Joseph 23 122 1 35

Receiving Catches Yards TD Long

Matthew Manson 7 192 1 60
    Anthony James 4 97 2 34

Recap....
    Game went back and forth as the Buckeyes were very efficent offensively moving up and down the field, converting alot of 3rd and shorts. The Bulldogs played a bend but dont break defense and seemed to get the big plays when they were needed.... my two starting freshman corners played reasonably well considering the level of opposition they faced..... but it could be a long season if they dont improve..... Adam Joseph looks like the real deal so far.... hopefully it can continue....

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I destroyed Cincinnati the first game.

42-7 or 35-7. Their only score was a cheap score. My passing game was locked and loaded, besides two dumb passes that I tried to force. My running game was solid as well.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Week 1:

Tennessee - 44
    ECU - 13

ECU hosted the Volunteers of Tennessee and walked away wishing the had schedule a softer opponent in the opening week of the season. Tennessee, despite breaking in a new offensive line and new quarterback ran over, through and around the Pirates. Edwin Walton kicked off his Heisman bid with 143 yards and a touchdown on 21 carries. Ray Dennis did the bulk of the receiving catching 7 passes for 112 yards and two TD's. New starting quarterback, junior college transfer Chad Carter went 16/27 for 280 yards 3 TD and 1 INT.

The defense, which was the Volunteer's weak point last year, was solid allowing well under 300 total yards of offense and forced 3 turnovers. Alex Blount led the defense with 7 tackles and a sack.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 40+
    cuse 0

Bennett takes over as sack machine getting 4 sacks before being benched. I did lose Fontaine for the season which hurts, because he looked studly the 1st 2 games...

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Week 2:

Tennessee - 31
    #18 TCU - 28

TCU came to Knoxville looking for an easy win. With a fantastic team, TCU come into the game with National Title hopes, only to have their hopes and dreams crashed late in the fourth quarter as a scrappy Tennessee defense turned up the heat and dialed a loss for the Horned Frogs. The Volunteer defense frustrated the offense of the Horned Frogs all day, holding them to under 300 yards. The Volunteer offense was efficient, with Edwin Walton rushing for 132 yards on 27 carries. Chad Carter added 225 yards on 10/14 passing with 3 TD and 1 INT.

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 1

UNC 28
    Fresno State 21

HB Adam Harris is looking to be a stud this year. The passing game still looked shaky at best, but was still better than last year. Doug Bennett went from #1 receiver to #4 on the depth chart after 4 dropped passes in the first 3 quarters. Defensively we bent a lot, but didn't break often only giving up 21 points although we gave up nearly 500 yards.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 2

UNC 35
    South Carolina 56

The defense looked awful in this one, and could not stop South Carolina all game. The first quarter ended 0-0, but the game broke open from there with South Carolina scoring 21 unanswered points and would take a 28-7 lead into the half. We would find some offense in the 2nd half, including a 48 yard run by QB Jon Fowler on a read option. We scored 28 points in the 2nd half, but unfortunately we also gave up 28 more. If not for a couple of fumbles this game could have been even more ugly. Jay Whitaker rushed for 221 yards and 4 TDs, and Eric Jackson threw for 330 and 3 TDs for the Gamecocks.

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

#22 Georgia Tech: 43
    Arizona State: 25

This was a cupcake game for the yellow jackets. SR rb Dwayne Stratton carried the ball 30 times for 267 yards with 2 TDs. The depleted asu defense couldn't do anything to stop us. The asu pass game was decent but tue asu wr core recorded 8 drops throughout the contest. Qb Mark Merriman completed 10 of 15 passes with 7 being to speedy wr Jonathan Davis who has 103 yards receiving on the day.

Ga Tech opens up ACC play with a rivalry game with Virginia Tech.

12. theSANDMAN215

The battle of the Carolinas.

Good game. That TD I got before the half was huge.

That was a weird game because in the first quarter neither of us could do anything on offense. Then we just broke it open. I was having a tough time stopping your offense. North Carolina had two receivers over 100 yards receiving.

I can already tell you are going to be a force in this league. You seem to play the same type of game BBJ and I play.

Once you start getting some recruits, you're going to battle for the ACC Championship.

Good luck the rest of the year.

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You'll be OK once you get some talent.

14. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Thanks guys. I actually really like my offense. Defensively is where I am more lacking in talent and it shows with that score lol. I've got a couple of solid guys on my recruiting board that should shore up my defense soon and hopefully I can give you all a bit more of a challenge ;)

15. theSANDMAN215

Yeah - like I said, you will be competing for the ACC Championship very soon. Maybe not this year because of your talent, but you are a good player.

16. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#18 Rut 0
    Miami 35

The canes got a huge game from their defense as they played host to the visiting scarlett knights. The defense created numerous turnovers, came up with big sacks, and made timely plays all game long. The offense did their part when setup with solid field position and we were able to put this one in the books easy. Player of the game goes to LB Richard Lambert who had 4 tackles, a sack, a tfl, and a fumble forced and recovered for a TD.

17. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 21
    LSU - 14

A surprising defensive battle after last season's higher scoring affair. On the opening drive Bondzai knocks out Hodges for 3 weeks. This threw off our gameplan and Barber was up and down in replacement. We scored on the drive to make it 7-0. Our D stepped up big for most of the game forcing LSU to several 3 and outs. Bondzai got a good drive at the end of the half and tied it up. 2nd half was more defense. I got down to his side of the field around the 30ish and kept stalling. I finally put together another nice drive off some big catches by Smiley and went up 14-7. Griffen then picks off an overthrown pass on the sideline and takes it in for a pick 6. Bondzai manages to get a drive going and beats my zone on a big pass play to score his 2nd td. After that, I was able to hold on for the win by picking up firsts with James.

18. theSANDMAN215

Freaking A. Who let JR in the SEC?

Great game man. I'll write about it on Saturday. A classic that I lost in the final minutes.

19. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 3 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 7 7 7 21 42

[​IMG] 10 7 14 7 38
    perry.png

First Quarter

05:41 TD Georgia Adam Booker WR #87 11 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    05:25 TD South Carolina Walter James WR #85 80 yard pass from Eric Jackson QB #16
    01:31 FG South Carolina Tim Harrison K #18 32 yard field goal

Second Quarter

01:19 TD South Carolina Brandon Carpenter WR #81 8 yard pass from Eric Jackson QB #16
    00:18 TD Georgia Adam Booker WR #87 12 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14

Third Quarter

07:29 TD South Carolina Jay Whitaker HB #27 57 yard rush
    04:18 TD Georgia Anthony James WR #11 29 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    02:46 TD South Carolina Brandon Carpenter WR #81 20 yard pass from Eric Jackson QB #16

Fourth Quarter

07:11 TD Georgia Aaron Garrett TE #84 12 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    04:03 TD South Carolina Andre Simmons HB #43 70 yard rush
    02:55 TD Georgia Aaron Garrett TE #84 6 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    00:45 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 2 yard rush

Ahh, i guess i should simply say wow..... a hell of a back and forth game.... The Gamecocks had a lead just about the entire way with Georgia struggling terribly to run the ball despite giving freshman Adam Joseph 20 carries for only 49 yards.... and the Gamecocks churning out 190 yards rushing on 24 carries. Not to mention they threw for 375 yards, Honestly i am not certain how the hell they lost.... there were multiple big plays in this game....a 39 yard field goal was left short by Georgia's kicker with the 31-28 Cocks.... Andre Simmons to a 3rd and short carry 70 yards for a big time score to make it 38-28....... Eric Wilson wasnt fazed.... he quickly led the Bulldogs down the field to get a big score and cut the lead to 38-35....... then the Bulldogs finally got a stop and after a first down got a 3rd down stop on the Gamecocks.....Eric Wilson and the Bulldogs offense got the ball with 1 min 29 seconds left..... Wilson preceded to go 5 of 6 in the no-huddle drill to lead the team on the game winning drive..... my freshman Russ Perry sealed the game with a great over teh shoulder pick, that is shown above....

great game Sanders.... look forward to next years matchup in Columbia...

Player of the game.....

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Eric Wilson 41 26 527 5 2

20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

That was a great game. I thought I had you until that damn pick six.

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #15 Wake Forest 46
    #10 West Virginia 6

The Mountaineers traveled to Winston-Salem and never got off the bus. West Virginia lost four fumbles near their own redzone and were backed into two safeties before they knew what hit them. Literally, the score was 44-6 at halftime and their only score was from a flutter pick 6 by a defensive linemen.

Other than turnovers, West Virginia just couldn't string together enough plays to maintain a drive. The no-huddle attack didn't give them the advantage they had hoped as the Demon Deacon defense was probably in better physical shape.

Overall, wasn't really a fun game to play when I have to chew clock the entire second half just to keep the game reasonable. Probably could have scored 100 points.

22. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Clemson 0
    Miami 17

The canes defense pitches its second straight shutout to get the Canes to 3-0 on the season. The offense continues to struggle but the defense continues to keep them in the game. Also for the second week in a row the Canes defense forced 2 turnovers and scored another defensive TD when MLB Skinner jumped a route for a pick six.

Sophomore QB Jake Lewis and JR go to WR John Collins continue to struggle. Collins has had a bad case of butterfingers lately and Lewis simply isn't making his reads quickly enough. Granted the offensive line isn't helping much as Lewis continues to have one of the dirtiest uniforms after the game.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Getting ready to restart my game against Florida...some of my family showed up and one of the kids pushed the freakin' button on the Xbox the first time, LOL.

24. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

UNC 45
    Hawaii 38

The offense once again performed well, with Harris rushing for 150 yards, and the team rushing for 4 TDs (3 backup HB from Pittman and one from FB Johnson). Fowler was solid again throwing for 271 and 2 TDs. Player of the game though would have to go to MLB Jermaine Humphrey. Humphrey was the lone bright spot on a defense that gave up 505 yards passing. He would finish with 3 tackles and 3 key interceptions that ended long drives for the Warriors.

My game against Hawaii froze the first time I played it so I had to play it over. It froze at 7-7 at the end of the 1st quarter. I have a picture, just need to get it uploaded which I'll do tomorrow.

25. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 38
    FSU 7

a mixture of talent level and just one of those games where momentum is killer. scored twice right before half to go up 28-7 and then returned the 2nd half kickoff for a td. Running game got a little better in the 2nd half as we were wearing down the fsu Dline, but still has me worried going into the upcoming weeks. Look for Thompson to get most of the workload as Brown was just pathetic..

gg khaalis..