Season 10 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by BobJr, Jan 16, 2012.

1. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW...

that felt like I was playing USC....

BYU smoked my team...57-29

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    Michigan 0 2 7 7 16
    Virginia Tech 14 9 0 0 23

As you can see I dug myself a hole early. My defense couldn't stop their passing attack and my QB had no time to get the ball off himself. The defense finally started playing like the should in the 2nd half but I just didn't have enough in the tank to get out of that hole. I couldn't get a running game to save my life. I really hope they just had a good front 7 and my o-line really isn't this bad.

I lost starting QB Austin Johnson for 10 weeks with a broken collarbone. Sean Thompson actually has a better OVR so I should be ok there.

Passing Comp Att Yards TD INT Comp %
    Austin Johnson 5 9 72 0 1 55
    Sean Thompson 7 15 162 2 0 46

Rushing Att Yards AVG TD
    Colton White 16 4 0.2 0

Receiving Rec Yards Avg TD
    Arnold Miles 4 101 25.2 1
    Maurice Little 3 25 8.3 1

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  3. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Tough loss bond...I felt rusty as hell in my game. I shoulda practiced

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I'm going to conduct a mini spring game tonight lol

5. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Stanford 28
    Miami 25

Well, I was going to go to bed but I'm glad I didn't. Miami had one of the best cpu defenses I've played ever played against, just studs all over the field. We did what we could to spread their defense out and bring on their 3rd and 4th corners, because their linebackers are all very good. I believe they are 96, 93, and 90 OVR. We traded field goals the 1st quarter, then in the 2nd Marcus Hood was able to punch one in from 3 yards out to put us up 10-6. The 3rd quarter was all Miami behind 3 turnovers from Tucker (2 int, 1 fumble). After the 2nd pick we brought on the sophomore Powell, and he was solid for us going 6/9 for 102 yards and 1 TD in just over a quarter. A 21 yard TD pass by Powell, and then a 2 yard run by Dixon put us up 3 with the 2 pt conversion. Miami quickly drove down the field for the game tying FG with 2:46 left, and we came out extremely conservative after the 4 turnovers. On a slash play to the left, Hood was able to break a tackle and race down the left side to about the 10 yard line. After 3 straight runs Jones kicked the 22 yard field goal to put us up 3 again. Miami would drive down to the 32, but the kick would fall short and wide as time expired.

Man, Miami was extremely tough for an unranked team. A+ OVR with an A+ Defense, and they sure played like it. Powell is going to be our starting QB now, after that performance by Tucker. Tucker is much more athletic, but just doesn't have the arm strength to make the throws, with only 76 Throw Power. My D should be pretty tough again this year... We held Miami to 5 field goals and 300 yards.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

restart-forgot to switch my playbook
    Cal 45
    Buffalo 22

Quinn Started his 1 season at Cal nearly perfect passing for 200 yds and 1 td while rushing for 2 more. He kept drives going with both his feet and arm for most of 3 qtrs. Something to keep a eye on though is that he left the game early with a bruised knee.

Quinn 15/22 202 yds 1 TD 13 att 23 yds 2 TD
    M.Collins 22 att 84 yds 2 TD 1 KO TD
    J.Greene 4 rec 63 yds 1 TD

7. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

When I was down 23-2 I didn't think I had a prayer.

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    I had the same feeling man...such an empty gut check

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Lol... Yes I have a bye in week 2 so we are going to have a blue/white scrimmage

10. Emmdotfrisk

Drifters d is a 99 this year!

11. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

#20 Utah: 52
    Kansas: 21

It really wasn't a close game, but Kansas's back-up QB came in during the 4th quarter and was 9-9 passing and scored 2 TDs. I looked at his overall rating and he was only 1 point off the starter (not sure about his other attributes), and I had my back-ups in the game, so it wasn't a stretch.

I dominated on the ground with both running backs. My back-up running back, Matt Jackson (remember him JR?), is phenomenal. Once he gets out in the open, it's hard to stop him. I can tell next year when he's the starter, I'm going to have to find some more passing plays for him. My starting running back had 200 yards on the ground.

Crenshaw had close to 200 yards passing, but was frustrated with the lack of blocking. My o-line is just pitiful. I hope Crenshaw can last the entire season with all the hits he's going to take. Overall, the o-line isn't that bad, but for some reason during the games, they couldn't block me if I was a DT. That's my biggest concern so far for this season is the pass protection. If Crenshaw has time, he should be able to light teams up, but if my o-line only gives him 2 seconds to pass, it could be deadly for him.

Next Game: vs. Illinois ( OMlawdog )

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  12. Emmdotfrisk

Well goose, I have a bye this week but I get to test out the new offense on your Stanford team. Can you play tonight if we are able to advance at a reasonable time?

13. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah I can play whenever. Want to shoot for right after the advance assuming it early enough?

14. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Off on the Right Foot
    The Hoosiers give Cignetti a present by beating the Knights to start 2020.
    [​IMG]3
    [​IMG]38
    First Quarter
    02:53 FG UCF Clarence Moore K #1 30 yard field goal
    02:36 TD Indiana Lee Taylor HB #39 75 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    04:27 FG Indiana Gabriel Avery K #4 22 yard field goal
    01:00 TD Indiana Lee Taylor HB #39 21 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    05:33 TD Indiana Dallas Smith TE #87 36 yard pass from Jesse Carlson QB #2
    03:57 TD Indiana Erik Taylor WR #82 51 yard pass from Jesse Carlson QB #2
    Fourth Quarter
    04:32 TD Indiana Jon Chavez WR #80 51 yard pass from Frank Townsend QB #6

Hoosiers get off to a great start... Taylor goes for 137 yards and 2 scores... Carlson goes 13 for 20 for 220 yards and 2 scores and Erik Taylor goes over 100 yards on 5 receptions... and the defense was rock solid... looking forward to playing Cal next week, should be a great game...

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

That should be a really interesting B10/Pac 10 game. JR and BBJ used to have some battles.

JR just remember its a slant with the WR to the right side of the screen about 12 yards up field. If you can't stop that play, then just forget it and let the CPU play em.

Week 2 has some interesting games

Cal at Indiana
    Stanford at Iowa
    Utah at Illinois

Just an interesting week 2 slate.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Emmdotfrisk

that works for me.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Northwestern - 53
    Arkansas - 48

Either my defense is REALLY, REALLY bad or the Razorback offense is the best offense ever. Say it with me, 400 yards passing, 160 yards rushing. The difference in the game was a fumble on a punt returned for a TD, a kickoff return and a two point conversion picked off and ran back for 2 points. They punted twice, I didn't punt. I think I threw 3 passes over 50 yards and really tried to slow them down by running the ball, but they scored damn near every time they passed the ball. Trumain Thomas outhrew my coverage 3 times.

18. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG] 10
    [​IMG] 35

First Quarter
    06:46 TD Indiana Lee Taylor HB #39 74 yard rush
    02:26 TD Indiana Jeff Hunt HB #35 9 yard rush
    Second Quarter
    06:43 FG Cal Jeff Moss K #16 30 yard field goal
    04:36 TD Indiana Jon Chavez WR #80 46 yard pass from Jesse Carlson QB #2
    02:48 TD Indiana Lee Taylor HB #39 29 yard rush
    01:30 TD Cal Brandon Bell HB #26 2 yard rush
    00:05 TD Indiana Dallas Smith TE #87 13 yard pass from Jesse Carlson QB #2

The Hoosiers jumped out to a quick lead as Lee Taylor takes his first carry off the left side 74 yards.... The Hoosiers defense was the key to the game... The Bears couldnt score touchdowns on their redzone visits early.... while the Hoosiers seemed to score everytime they touched the ball early on. Lee Taylor was extremely effective rushing for 144 yards on 14 carries. Jesse Carlson was also effective going 12 for 17 for 201 yards 2 tds and 1 int... Sequence of the game was near the end of the first half, Cal scores then picks off Carlson near midfield... the Hoosiers get a sack then McDonald steps in front of a out pass and Carlson leads the Hoosiers on a scoring drive hitting Dallas Smith in the end zone right before half ends...

GG bringbackjimmy

19. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

That is the QB that Keller kept from coming to Illinois. He is a mega stud.

20. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]
    Senior QB Cody Jacques, after waiting 4 years under the wing of Travis Robertson, gets his first collegiate start and win over #10 Stanford.

IOWA: 21
    #10 STANFORD: 20

With a first week bye, the Hawkeyes looked to a very tough first game of the season against #10 Stanford. After a 2-10 season and Coach Frisk hiatus, many Iowa players and boosters were unsure of how QB Cody Jacques and the Hawkeyes would do. Although the game was at home in Iowa City, you could tell the jitters were full force as the Hawkeyes muffed two punts, missed 3 FG's, and let a wide open Vince Scott slip behind the prevent D on a hail mary. The Cardinal jumped to a 17-0 lead at half after some great defense and timely offense. The Hawkeyes entered the lockeroom feeling overmatched but after some motivational speaking, game planning, and strategy adjustments they would take the field with confidence.

The Hakws would receive the kick and were almost held to a 3 and out. On 3rd and 9, QB Cody Jacques shed a blitzing Stanford LB and would scramble for a 57 yard TD run, bringing the Hawks within 10. Stanford would get the ball and quickly drive to the 40 where they were held short on 3rd. Stanford's kicker was sidelined to bring in the big leg punter who would then sink a 54 yarder to make the score 20-7 in favor of the Cardinal.

The fourth quarter belonged to the Hawkeyes as they would drive and score on a goal line slant touchdown to WR Adam Kirk, catching the Stanford in a man blitz. The Hawkeyes would force a Jason Powell interception, driving down the field with under 2 minutes left in the game. While on the 4 yard line and 20 seconds left on the clock, the Hawkeyes were held to a 3rd and 1. The deciding moment in the game, the Hawkeyes would rely on their newest formation, the Maryland I, barely converting and eventually giving the handoff to Senior Elliott Cooper for the win. Great Game Timpegoose , considering the mistakes my team made I was very lucky to still give that win. Also, props to goose for punting me the ball after a lag pitch on an interception lol.

Game Leaders
    Passing: IOWA QB Cody Jacques - 12/27 249 yards, 1 TD 2 Int
    Rushing: IOWA RB Elliot Cooper - 17 carries 69 yards, 1 TD
    Receiving: STANFORD WR Vince Scott - 4 catches 86 yards, 1 TD
    Defense: IOWA MLB Kevin O'Neal - 6 tackles, 1 Int

21. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    18347285358.jpg
    Oregon State manages to open up the season with a win over a tough Nevada team after defensive stars step up.​
    After stuffing the Beavers on their opening drive, Nevada marched down the field and connected on a deep pass to their TE to open up the scoring. It was the worst thing they could have done. The Beaver defense was noticeably pissed off and started taking it out on the Wolfpack's skill players. LBs Thomas Wilson, Matt Davis and Terrance Reese were roaming the field with aggression. Nevada's starter Cole Douglas did not finish the game after taking a lick early in the 3rd quarter. Nevada's HC said that backup QB Derrick Harrell is listed on the teams injury report due to some hard hits he sustained during the game.​
    Offensively, the Beaver offense stuck to their game and ended up opening up the game. HB Leonard Nelson found some big holes later in the game. TE John Johnson caught a career high 6 balls for 69 yards as the go-to target for QB Billy Starks.​
    Below are some highlights of my LBs taking it to the Nevada QBs. They looked better in real time, but I've never seen my team just start hitting everyone hard. They had it out for these guys.​

22. Emmdotfrisk

It's that 99 OVR D

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Which, btw, doesn't have a single 5star starter. Thought that was interesting.

24. Emmdotfrisk

Roach Willis and Adams werent 5 stars? damn

25. Emmdotfrisk

I also find it interesting that Goodman is ridin pine