Season 11 Game Recaps

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kapono, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Florida St. 52
    Alabama 7

FSU dominated this game from the start, shutting down Alabama's defense with Lionel Allen completing his first 12 passes for 3 TDs. The rotation of wide receivers seemed to work well with 8 players catching a pass while throwing only 3 incompletions. The backup Morrow did come in late in the game to throw a pick for FSU's only turnover of the game. Also in a new coaching move, I've ranked my receivers by jersey number, 1 to 8 with #7 being the QB.

Lionel Allen - 25-28 for 411 yards, 6 TD, 0 INT, 3 carries for 11 yards
    Preston Everette - 10 carries for 34 yards, TD
    Joey Gay - 8 carries for 57 yards
    Josh Huff (1) - 7 receptions for 70 yards, 2 TD
    Keith Tucker (2) - 3 receptions for 65 yards
    Jon Dawson (3) - 5 receptions for 54 yards
    Micah Johnson (4) - 4 receptions for 104 yards, 2 TD
    Drew Porter (5) - 6 receptions for 102 yards, 2 TD
    Jeremy Arnold (MLB)- 7 tackles
    Mark Hubbard (SS)- 4 solo tackles, INT

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 34
    Miami 18

Arkansas avenges last years lost to Miami

Rocky start for the razorbacks. Coach WhyGod knew he could not allow any turnovers so he expressly told his ball carriers to "Conservatively" protect the ball at all times. Sure enough first offensive play, Alex Grant fumbled. This may have been a blessing in disguise because the aerial barrage that followed led Arkansas to victory. Baker jumped the razorbacks out to a 17-3 half time lead with a 74 yard TD bomb, a long TD drive, and some big passes to get the pre-halftime FG.

Arkansas ran more in the second half, and continued to churn out first downs and points. Miami had some better second half drives but turnovers and lack of defense slowed them down too much. Arkansas vs Miami games seem to have very limited number of possessions getting the early lead prevented Arkansas from having to rush(hurry) on offense. Miami seemed to struggle leaving their ball control comfort zone.

Keys to the game:

No Sacks allowed for Arkansas, the few bad passes made by Baker were dropped by defenders, 6 of 8 Arkansas drives ended in points ( one ended on a fumble, the other on a punt that was fumbled back to Ark)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Good game. I had a chance until the fumble on the punt return. At that time it went from me having a chance at making it a seven point game, to you going up by 21. Game over. I see you've gone the way of Wyrmreaver both on offense and defense. lol

5. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I was running mostly spead option for the first 3-4 seasons... then I tried 5 wide, 2 te no huddle, fleXbox One, ace heavy, and most recently pro style.

I had to move away from base formations because I strugglwd ro run on 335.

6. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

I know what you mean on defense.... What is the way of wyrmreaver on offense? I thought WGW had a bunch of pro sets with a FB? I have exactly zero sets with a FB, not even goal line.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

After his initial fumble, I just remember seeing a lot of Trips with the HB weak. And just like when I play against you lately, I couldn't stop anything.

8. Wyrmreaver

I do like that formation.... :)

9. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Canes Get First Win
    defeat Bulldogs 38-7

After being dismantled by the Arkansas Razorbacks, the Miami Hurricanes evened their record at 1-1 thanks to a workmanlike performance against the Georgia Bulldogs.

The star of the show for the Canes was WR Andre Edwards who caught three TD passes, including the first two in the first quarter to open up a 14-0 Miami lead. The Canes would extend the lead to 21-0 midway through the second before Georgia got their only points of the game to end the half. The second half was equally impressive for Miami, as the offense added 17 more points and the defense increased the pressure on the Georgia QB to the tune of five sacks.

Notable Stats
    QB Anthony Summers - 17/23, 317 yards, 4 TD, 3 INT
    HB Dylan Ferguson - 15 car, 103 yards, TD, long 12; 4 rec, 84 yards, long 51
    WR Andre Edwards - 7 rec, 179 yards, 3 TD, long 50
    MLB Steven Parker - 8 tack, 2 sack, 2 FF
    OLB Trey Evans - 7 tack, 2 sack

10. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Summers Runs Hot for Auburn
    leads Canes to 34-17 victory over Tigers

The Canes went into Jordan-Hare looking for payback following consecutive losses to Auburn, including last year's as the #1 team in the land. Indeed, the Canes would find victory against a hard-luck Tigers squad that squandered opportunities on both sides of the ball.

Though Auburn would take an early 7-0 lead after culminating a lengthy drive with a short TD pass from QB Antonio Morris to WR Randall Adams, Miami would respond to take a 14-7 with touchdowns that foreshadowed how the game would play out. On the first, Canes QB Anthony Summers eluded the grasp of multiple Tigers D-Lineman and turned would-be sacks into positive plays for Miami, including the tying TD from 10 yards out. The second Miami TD would be a interception return for TD by CB Derrick Carter, who stepped in front of a short pass and ran 45 yards for the score. Auburn appeared to right the ship near the end of the half as Morris and Adams connected for the second time in the game to tie the game. Then, after forcing a quick Miami three-and-out, K Ryan Johnson would give the Tigers a 17-14 halftime lead.

The third quarter saw both teams turn the ball over, including the first of three Auburn interceptions in the Miami red zone. The only scoring in the quarter came on a 61 yard FG by Miami K Jason White. While the FG merely tied the game, it appeared to re-energize the Canes offense going into the fourth quarter. Once in the final stanza, Miami turned HB Dylan Ferguson loose. Ferguson accounted for both Miami TDs in the quarter, both on pass receptions of 45 and 80 yards respectively. On the other side of the ball, the Miami defense continued to allow big completions in the passing game, allowing the Tigers to move up and down the field at will. Unfortunately, Morris was not up to the task in the red zone as he put the first nails in his team's coffin with two more red zone INTs. The final nails were put by Summers, or conversely, the Auburn Defense for again flailing on tackle attempts and allowing Summers to seal the game with his feet.

recchem2000, Good game. Missed sacks, missed sacks, missed sacks. That was the game. Even with the interceptions you threw, if you get even half those sacks, I don't know that I score more than 14 points.

Notable Stats
    Miami Hurricanes Auburn Tigers
    QB Anthony Summers - 13/17, 249 yards, 2 TD, INT; 14 car, 42 yards, TD, long 28 QB Antonio Morris - 21/33, 297 yards, 2 TD, 4 INT
    HB Dylan Ferguson - 7 car, 3 yards, long 6; 4 rec, 141 yards, 2 TD, long 80 HB Matt Wilson - 6 car, 28 yards, long 16
    WR Andre Edwards - 4 rec, 62 yards, long 33 WR Peter Smith - 5 rec, 80 yards, long 28
    FS Lance Williams - 5 tack, sack WR Randall Adams - 4 rec, 49 yards, 2 TD, long 29
    CB Derrick Carter - 2 tack, 2 INT, TD DT Darius Barber - 3 tack, 2 sack

11. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

#7 Florida St. 31
    #2 Texas A+M 24

Florida St.'s offense drove the field quickly on their first possession with Lionel Allen hitting Jon Dawson from 26 yards out. A+M responded with a sustained drive that stalled at the 4 leading to a FG and giving FSU's offense another chance to drive the field and score to go up 14-3. As the teams traded TD's, A+M had the ball late in the 2nd quarter down 21-10 but they threw and interception which led to a field goal before the half, 24-10. A+M opened the 2nd half with the ball and took 5 minutes off the clock as tiring out the FSU defense. But FSU's defense, and MLB Jeremy Arnold stopped a 4th down QB sneak on the goal line. A 44 yard TD pass to Josh Huff gave FSU a comfortable 31-10 lead going into the 4th quarter but A+M stayed around. After being given a stop, FSU had little time left but decided to stay with their passing offense. Allen threw his 2nd INT of the season as Huff beat his man on an in, but slipped and fell giving the Aggies an interception and a shot. A+M had a good shot late, but interceptions ended their chances. Before the last INT Allen had an impressive 21-1 TD:INT ratio but no longer.

FSU
    QB Lionel Allen- 21-32 for 352 yards, 4 TD, INT
    WR Micah Johnson- 10 receptions for 141 yards
    WR Josh Huff- 3 receptions for 75 yards, TD
    WR Keith Tucker- 3 receptions for 71 yards, 2 TD
    WR Jon Dawson- 4 receptions for 64 yards, TD

A+M
    QB EJ Pitts- 25-41 for 383 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT
    HB Kevin Lewis- 8 carries for 7 yards, TD
    WR Brian Townsend- 6 receptions for 115 yards
    HB Patrick Lilly- 2 carries for 5 yards, 5 receptions for 106 yards
    WR Thomas Wallace- 4 receptions for 39 yards, TD

12. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

13. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

God you're so scared. Bring that cocky ass back into the league!o_O

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

GG Bro. I had the chance of a lifetime after that onside recovery. Tried to throw a lob but my QB didn't put enough under it. The sack 2 plays before was big, put me in desperation mode. Also, that goalline stand was killer for me. That stuff at the one just murdered me at that point.

15. Cheez

Once i find a job and you guys start playing at normal hours like normal people :p

16. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jobs are overrated!

17. Cheez

Jobs are overrated. Agreed.

Money is not, however, overrated. Dare I say that it is underrated.

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 31
    Missouri 28

Arkansas came out strong with 13 straight points, but despite dominating the first half only took a 13-7 lead into the half. Arkansas scored first in the 3rd quarter to take a 20-7 lead. Missouri answered back with a quick TD drive, followed by arkansas only turnover on the day, then another quick TD drive to take the lead 21-20. Arkansas opened their next drive by getting the starting QB knocked out of the game. Backup Chris Miller can in and performed well, driving the razorbacks inside the 10 yard line. Arkansas ran twice inside the 10 eating up all of Missouri's TOs. On third down Miller hit Gilmore for the go ahead TD, then converted the 2point conversion to give Arkansas a 7 point lead, 28-21 with 1:14 to play. Missouri wasted no time tying the game in 22 seconds on a 48 yard TD pass. Missouri went for the blitz on the first play of the next arkansas drive. McCoy shredded the bump coverage and miller hit him with a quick lob down the sideline. McCoy somewhat controversially angled toward the middle of the field and was tackled at the 10 yard line. Arkansas ran the clock down and kicked the game winner.

19. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou defeats LSU 27-20 in overtime.

LSU struck first with a FG to take a 3-0 lead. Mizzou looked to knot it up but missed a long FG. In the second quarter, Mizzou would get a 28 yard TD pass to take a 7-3 lead, but LSU would manage another FG to cut the lead to one at 7-6 late in the quarter. Missouri would march downfield looking to extend the lead, but a fumble at the goal line would keep the margin close going into the break. Mizzou would begin to pull away in the third quarter, playing great defense and getting a pair of FGs to extend the lead to 13-7. Early in the fourth Missouri would show a jumbo set and LSU would stack the line hoping to prevent Mizzou from draining the clock. A PA pass would catch LSU with its pants down for a 41 yard TD and a 14 point lead with about 5 minutes to go. LSU wouldnt panic despite the deficit and 2 minutes later a 7 yard TD pass would narrow it to a one score game, 20-13. The LSU defense would come up with a bug stop and LSU would get it back. After a long completion to the 1 yard line with time ticking down LSU would spike the ball with 2 seconds left giving themselves one last chance to even things up. On the net play Graves would make an acrobatic TD catch to send the ballgame into overtime. Despite LSU having all of the momentum, Mizzou wouldn't go away. Copeland found hit TE, Roland for a 13 yard TD pass on the second play of OT. With the pressure mounting, LSU would fail to deliver on a 4th down and Mizzou would come away with a hard fought win.

Key Stats:
    • Mizzou had 10 first downs, but was 0-6 on third down conversions
    • LSU surrendered 5 sacks and Mizzou gave up 6 on a bad day to be an offensive lineman where neither team came within 30 yards of the century mark on the ground

20. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou gets a nice road win over Miami, 35-17

Miami got a FG to start things off but the Tigers rattled off 21 points to take a big 21-3 lead into the half. A Miami TD in the 3rd would reduce the lead to 11 but Blake Copelands 4th TD pass of the game extended it to 28-10. Miami wouldn't quit and got another TD but a 31 yard TD run by Andre Bentley with 2 minutes left put this one away, 35-17.

Key Stats:
    • Turnovers 2-0 in favor of Mizzou
    • Copeland completed 17 of 20 passes on the day and his efficiency kept drives going despite a well called defensive effort from Miami's d-coordinator

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 41
    TA&M 14

Arkansas 35
    Auburn 7

Too fairly ugly games. Arkansas held both teams to a combined -4 yards rushing. I can no longer in continue with the 3-3-5, I don't think its fair. I just feel bad as I watch teams spend a half learning they can not run if I am in a 3-3-5 formation. For the rest of the season I will be a 4-3 team.

22. Wyrmreaver

Whats really funny about this is that I have had 2 guys in my other league light up my 3-3-5 to the tune of 200 yards per game. I think that the big thing is that you cant run the same way against a 3-3-5 that you do against a 4-3 or 3-4.

23. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I seem to always have unblocked guys in my backfield. If there is a magical play its not dive, stretch, counter, lead, power or toss. Draw might work, but I can't call it 15 times a game. Recchem tried FB dive twice, for -3 yards and a fumble. He was like 0-5 on 1 yard conversions.

24. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

is that defense full of 95+ players

• Like Like x 1
  25. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

whygodwhy1111
    Good game man...I taped out after that FB fumble sorry about that. Frustration level was at a critical level :)