Season 11 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by vBIG SLICKv, May 27, 2011.

1. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

#5 Texas struggles to get win vs #25 University of Central Florida 35-24.

I am hoping I was tired last night and UCF was playing way over their heads....if not, I will be in trouble this year.

2. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

#18 WSU 35
    #21 Navy 14

WSU simply dominated an over match Navy squad. After giving up the first score to Navy WSU responded with 28 unanswered to make it 28-7 with five minutes remaining in the third quarter. Navy would score to pull within 14, but WSU answered that score after picking off Navy's quarterback on a deep pass near the end zone. The Cougs would drive 99 yard and chew up a lot of the clock with Gene Hunter scoring a 1 yard TD run.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I tried to get you Troy for your game but they could not be scheduled no matter what I tried. I think they have a week 1 rivalry/conference game with MTSU. Figured you didn't want a bye in week 1, which is why you got Navy instead.

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Penn State- 69
    Pitt- 0

Not sure if the cpu is that bad or if this years Penn State team is that good. The Nittany Lions ran all over the Panthers out gaining them 729yds to 97yds with over 500yds on the ground. RB Cade ran for 181yds in less than a half of play, but the big news was true freshman RB Chase ran for 260yds. Really looking foward to see how this team does against a user. First up Texas, looking foward to it Slick.....

5. vBIG SLICKv

vBIG SLICKv Varsity Baby !!!

I am not, the way my D played against UCF you may put those numbers up agains.

6. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

OU: 27 WSU: 24

Awesome game Wazzu!!! The Sooners had to scrape out a last second FG to prevail against the Cougars. Ob paper, this looks like a WSU blowout as the Cougs controlled the ball against the Sooner D, especially after AA FS Bryan Todd went down for 10 weeks with an injury. The Cougs held the ball for 7 minutes longer than the Sooners but only had 40 more yards and a critical 3 TOs.

QB Zach Jones went 15/16 and 209 yards with 1 td and HB Malcolm Smith rushed for 101 yards and 1 td. WSU QB Drew Webb went 25/37 for 349 yards and 3 tds but threw 3 late INTs while trying to finish off a hard fought win.

UCLA and the rest of the dynasty better beware, the cats have claws!

7. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

You are leaving out that two of the interceptions were either near on in the end zone killing Cougar scoring drives. Then on the third interception you accidentally lateraled the ball and the Cougs recovered it allowing us to continue a scoring drive to tie the game at 24. Then I was an idiot for trying to squib kick it, I didn't expect your player to recover the ball so easily.

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

Week 3

Ohio State 34
    Oklahoma 17

Ohio State avenged its loss from the previous season, beating the Sooners. Oklahoma struck first thanks to a Zach Jones TD pass to Cody Branch. The Buckeyes drove down the field on the ensuing drive, but managed just a field goal. Ohio State's D settled in after the first drive and shutdown Oklahoma for most of the game. In the second quarter Ohio State dominated this match. The Buckeyes added 3 scores (2 TD, 1 FG) to head into halftime with the 20-7 lead. Oklahoma got back 3 points for the first score of the third quarter but OSU answere back with a Hollis to Miller TD pass. Entering the third Ohio State had a comfortable lead at 27-10. Oklahoma struck quick in the fourth quarter to cut the lead to 10. This TD was scored by Sooners' HB Marcus Smith. The backbreaker came on the next drive. Ohio State's senior tailback Evan Bennett took a HB toss for an 80-yard score. This put Ohio State back up by 17 and killed any real shot at an Oklahoma comeback.

The game ball for Ohio State goes to Bennett. The senior running back was a work horse, carrying the ball 25 times for 189 yards. This includes 2 TD runs. WR #1 Ricky Miller also had a solid performance. He caught 5 passes for 105 yards, including a TD. Buckeyes' QB Josh Hollis was solid as well, completing 14 of 21 passes for 242 yards with 1 TD and 0 INT. On the defensive side, the MVP was MLB Mark Newell. The newly appointed starter finished with 5 tackles and an interception. CB Stephen Wade also picked off a pass in this game.

First Quarter
    03:48TDOklahomaCody Branch WR #84 23 yard pass from Zach Jones QB #1
    01:37FGOhio StateJimmy Bower P #8 37 yard field goal
    Second Quarter
    05:07TDOhio StateEvan Bennett HB #43 2 yard rush
    00:43FGOhio StateJimmy Bower P #8 25 yard field goal
    00:04TDOhio StateTim Bratton FB #36 1 yard rush
    Third Quarter
    03:46FGOklahomaRyan Wilson P #4 38 yard field goal
    01:02TDOhio StateRicky Miller WR #84 15 yard pass from Josh Hollis QB #11
    Forth Quarter
    05:43TDOklahomaMarcus Smith HB #45 3 yard rush
    05:31TDOhio StateEvan Bennett HB #43 80 yard rush

9. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

#3 FSU 19
    #24 Clemson

Today Clemson welcomed in the undefeated Seminoles looking to upset their BCS Championship hopes. It was a tight contest through the first quarter as both teams were shut out. The Tigers got on the board twice in the 2nd with a TD run from HB B. Minor from 3 yards out and a strike from QB J. Horton to K. Ingram of 11 yards. In the 3rd, Clemson added another 6 points with a brilliant passing play to HB B. Minor out of the backfield. FSU finally got on the board late in the 3rd with a recieving TD by R. Young of 16 yards.

The 4th is where things got a little to close for comfort. The score was 21 - 7 Clemson at the start of the quarter and at the 3:31 mark, the Tigers added 3 on a FG from Cobb. With the Tigers up 24 - 7, FSU drove straight down the field scoring in just over 1 minuete on a nice play to J. Weatherford. FSU's kicker somehow missed the PAT, demoralizing the FSU sideline. Clemson's next possession should have ended the game and produced a final score of Clemson 24 - FSU 13, but on a play where the Tigers should have just kneeled it, looking to run out the clock, HB B. Minor fumbled on a routine play. The fattest D lineman on FSU's squad somehow managed to bend over and pick up the ball and out run my entire offense some 80 yards for a TD. The 'Noles attempted a 2-point conversion that failed, making the final score 24 - 19.

Clemson's coaching staff almost cost them the game. Hopefully today's example of why it is always best to kneel the ball will linger with them forever.