Season 11 Previews

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Masler, May 6, 2013.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

While I wait for all schedule requests, everyone do previews!

2. Masler

Masler Moderator

[​IMG]
    2022 Kansas State Wildcats
    Offense​
    QB: I haven't really had a QB I have felt confident in since Reed left. Looks like this year I have the same feelings. #1 QB on the Depth Chart Trumaine Coleman was named a Pre-Season All-American and has a pretty good arm with 88 ThP and 94 ThA but has awful rushing skills and low Carry ability. I do have Leonard Lynch who is fast and has high Carry but just has an average arm with 81 ThP and 87 ThA. Probably going to stick with the pocket passer as I have never really been a scrambler. ​
    HB/FB: Mays has moved on and I can't really say I'm going to miss him. He was injury prone and fumbled at the most inopportune moments. I actually preferred Terrence Webb and he will now be the primary back for the Wildcats but Sophomore Cody Frederick showed some good skills at time last season so he will make a nice contribution. I just hope Webb doesn't do what all my HBs seem to do, regress when they get the starting position. At the FB position we will have FR Jesse Summers starting, for a FR FB at 84 speed and 81 Accel he could take a few handoffs, even better is he has 88 Truck and can even hold onto the ball. His blocking is right about where I would expect but he could make a name, which is rare for a FB. ​
    WR/TE: Nick Johnson didn't bail for the Pros and now holds down the #1 spot, Johnson showed he is reliable last season and will be a prime target this year, more of a possession guy than speed but don't let that fool you. There are some newcomers that haven't seen much PT but their skill sets are more than desirable IMO, they can all catch and run good routes. We only have two TE on the roster this season, guess I kind of dropped the ball on that one but SR Kyle Clark receive AA honors while we have a low rated FR Anthony Dorsey as his opposite. Clark is proven but Dorsey has a long way to go for sure. ​
    O Line: A decent group of blockers, not the best by far and by this league's standards they are probably below average. Still they are good enough for me and should get the job mostly done. ​
    Defense​
    D Line: We have a couple youngsters playing DE who have rarely, if at all, seen the field. Their skills will take some time to develop but as I've said countless times, ratings don't always matter. Now at the center of our line we have another pair of youngsters, both FR...both who make me rather nervous. I hope this does not affect our rush defense but I fear that it will. I hope this entire line steps up or it could be a long long season. ​
    LB: Finally something to look forward to on the defense. This group looks quite promising. Morgan, Nealy and Carter will make up the primary group and they all have some great skills. Charles Carter is quick to get to the ballcarrier with 98 acceleration and can lay a hit with 97 hit power. I can see him in the backfield all season long as he also boasts 93 block shed and 94 pursuit. Morgan and Nealy are just as quick off the snap (Morgan is better with 99 accel) and while they can't shed blocks like Carter, they can actually TACKLE. PRAISE THE NCAA GODS!!​
    DB: The secondary made smile even more than the linebackers. I lost Wilson and Dunlap, my two star CBs but Montgomery has proven himself before and Brian Miller has skills that can't be ignored. Both are fast, both have 90 jump and Miller is actually better in coverage than Montgomery all around. He has 95 man, 91 Zone and 94 Press and is just a regular ballhawk. In the middle of the secondary are a couple of bruisers, Munoz and Richardson,who have speed and a good tackling abilities, I expect great things from them.​
    Special Teams: Clark will handle Kicking and Punting abilities because Kicker Cantrell is awful. Period. Washington and Webb will return kicks while Webb will handle punts. ​
    Expectations: I would like to be competitive. A 10 win season is all I ask for. ​

• Like Like x 1
  3. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

[​IMG][​IMG]
    The 2022 SMU Season Preview
    Synopsis:
    This season can be summed up in 1 word. Rebuilding. Despite only having 11 SRs last season SMU lost 17 starters from their national championship team. They only have 6 SRs and 11 JRs on this squad so if they want to compete for a conference title they'll need a lot of young faces to step up this season.

Offense:
    SMU was really hurt on offense by guys declaring for the draft as they lost 6 potential starters. For the 1st time during coach Jello's tenure with SMU there is a QB controversy to start the season. SO Andrew Hollis has the best rushing skills and the more accurate arm, but FR(RS) Danny Hunter is faster and has a cannon for an arm. They'll likely split time during the OOC schedule and hopefully 1 of them will make it obvious that he's the starter.
    SMU returns all 4 HBs from last season but they lost their RSing FR who is the only speed back on the team. Despite the lack of speed, huge things are expected from this group of guys, especially when you consider the next position.
    SMU only returns 3 WRs with only 2 of them ever stepping foot on the field. These 2 guys have only combined for 6 career catches so basically SMU is completely new at WR. With 4 FR and 1 SO in their 6 deep, no one has any clue what to expect from this group. Only time will tell if they'll be able to contribute. SMU also lost their top 2 TEs, but this makes SO Kevin Oliver, the best TE prospect that coach Jello has ever seen, the clear #1 guy. He is expected to be huge in both the running and passing game.
    The O-line could've returned all 5 starters, but instead the entire interior of the line declared for the draft so SMU is retooling there too. SMU O-lines usually have multiple 90+ guys on it, but this year there's only 1. The line will be anchored by JR(RS) C Joe McAfee who is a 98 OVR as only a JR. He is a monster as both a run blocker and a pass blocker so he'll need to pick up the slack of his teammates who aren't nearly on par with him yet.

Defense:
    While the offense only returns 3 starters, the defense only returns 2 starters. The worst part of that is for the first time in a long time SMU's defensive numbers were mediocre at best last season. It's scary to imagine how bad the D could be this year since the players will be even worse (much worse) than they were last year.
    The D-line returns 1 starter and he's a monster in 99 OVR DT Carlos Ellison. His sack numbers came down from 8.5 as a SO to only 4.5 last year as a JR. He'll need to be on top of his game this year as he's clearly the best guy on the entire defense.
    SMU will be playing 4 new guys at LB but it's still a solid bunch of guys as they're all rated 88-93. Despite the fact that none of them have a single start under their belt, coach Jello expects these guys to play well.
    SMU's secondary was unbelievably talented last year and ridiculously fast (3 99 SPDs and 1 98). They had 2 All Americans and the Thorpe Award winner and it's too much to ask to be able to replace all of that. This year's group is slower and not nearly as talented but they should be able to hold their own. It could be the weak spot of the D though, so we'll have to see what happens when SMU is tested through the air.

Prognosis:
    It's tough to say with so many new faces (this has to be the most new faces that coach Jello has ever had on his team before). There are tons of questions swirling around this team. Who will be their QB? Whomever it is, will he be able to take care of the ball and manage the offense? Will a receiver or 2 be able to step up? Will the retooled O-line be able to live up to coach Jello's high standards? After a very down sack total last season, will the new D-line be able to pressure the QB? Will a completely new LBing corps be able to gel? Will the secondary be able to defend the pass?
    SMU's goals are the same as always, but with such a new team (17 SOs and 36 FR is fucking CRAZY!) it's unlikely that they'll be able to attain them this year.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

Miami Hurricanes
    Recap : Coach iBleedOrange (Colton) has returned for his 4th season to the league, after taking a 6 year break. Last season coach iBO stepped in to fill an empty spot in the league taking over a 2-2 Miami team. Coach iBO knew he had a tough road ahead of him with learning a new playbook, getting to know his players, and frankly having a young squad. The 2021 Hurricanes finished 5-7 after losing ,what would've qualified them for a bowl game, to #3 Maryland in a blowout.
    Offense : This season looks to be big for the offensive side of the ball. Senior, Shaun Powers takes the reigns at the quarterback position and is poised to have a great season. But the big story of the offense is going to be the battle for the running back position, speed vs power, Max Anthony vs Kenton Daniels, and to throw in a kicker Ben Bennett. All three of these Seniors are looking to impress coach iBO early in the year to secure their starting spot. The offensive line for the Hurricanes is looking amazing, led by a matured right side and center and a young talented left side, these hog mollies are going to have their work cut out to keep this team going for the season.
    GRADE : B+
    Defense : The defensive for the Miami Hurricanes this season will be the big story. The defensive line is led by senior Nigel Lee who will be hoping to get his troops into the backfield this season to stop the rushing attack that killed the Hurricanes for most of the 2021 season. All-American and senior MLB Alexis Greene will hope for a bowl bound team for his last year out, Alexis will be battling it out with senior Michael Hartman for the MLB position, who knows with this stacked defense the Hurricanes coach may toss out a 3-4 look and attempt to put up a heavy linebacker attack. The secondary is experience led with JR All-American Chase Young leading this attack for the Hurricanes.​
    GRADE : B-
    Outlook : This season Coach iBO has promised a successful season anda bowl game victory to his team and fans. In his current career iBO has not won a conference championship and with time dwindling down before the league starts over he will be gunning to gain a title for his collection. Overall his team looks solid and will have its chances to win games if their coach is skilled enough.​
    Prediction : 9-4

• Like Like x 1
  5. Masler

Masler Moderator

Looks like that crystal ball belongs to "Roll Tide" ;)

6. jello1717

Weird right?

For some reason I had a bitch of a time finding pictures of SMU guys holding the trophy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

[​IMG]

A Look Back: Georgia Tech is coming off back to back MNC games with a 1 an 1 record losing the last one in heart breaking fashion. Going undefeated during the season and losing the CCG and MNC was not the way Coach Edge wanted to end the season.

A Look Forward:Coming into 2022 expectations will be high once again. The Yellow Jackets lost a ton of talent across the board. The shocking part was the mass defection of underclassmen to the draft that really didn’t see the field. Hardest hit; WR corps as 4 left leaving only two returning players.

Offense: The Yellow Jackets should once again be very balanced on offense again this season. Coach Edge’s prayers were answered as AA HB Frank Benjamin announced he would be back for his JR year. Look for Benjamin to see and expanded role in the passing game this year, kid just has too much talent to just pound the rock with him. GT also has a stable of backs who will see the field at times during the game. QB Michael Parham will be back under center leading the Yellow Jacket attack. Parham is coming off a solid year throwing for over 2400yrds with 27tds against 9ints and completing 64% of his passes. Oline returns 4 starters from last year and welcomes the top ranked T who should see some action. The pass catchers will be a work in progress. Four WR’s and AA TE will no longer be roaming the field for Parham to throw to. It will be a work in progress but some talented freshman will have to step up early.

Defense: Georgia Tech will be either really good or average on defense. The front seven will be exceptional and should give teams a fit. The question mark will be the secondary and how they will play. Both AA DB’s will have to be replaced as well as the nickel back that left for the draft. The new guys are talented but young and inexperienced. The one bright spot is AA FS Donnie Ellis will be back roaming center field. The LB’s will be the heart of the team lead by another AA in OLB Alex Mayfield. It’s gonna be trial by fire because there are no slouches or easy games.

What to expect for 2022: The talent is there the question is will it show up on the field. 25-2 over the past two seasons sets the bar high so anything less would be a disappointment. There will be a lot of good teams out there with great coaches looking to knock us off so it will be a tough road. If we stay the course and play our game should be another great season. If the young kids struggle the team will have a hard time putting up points and when that happens you don’t win very many games.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  8. jello1717

At least you got to play for the national championship. 4 times this OD I've gone undefeated only to lose in the CCG. None of those times did I get to play in the NCG and even 2 of those times I was #3 in the polls and didn't even get to play in a BCS bowl.

9. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

That does suck, tell you the truth I'm just glad we were able to play. Was thinking last night the first two freezes I did custom uni's. The third time I didn't change them just went with the cpu choice and we didn't have any issues's. You think that had anything to do with it?

10. jello1717

After those first 2 DCs I figured we'd have to sim it eventually. I don't know about the unis. I did custom ones every time (all white) including the final time.