Season 11 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Bondzai, May 26, 2010.

1. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Season 11 Scores

Georgia Tech: 42
    Mississippi St: 21

This game really wasn't even as close as the score. I was up 42-7 with about 4:00 left when I put in my backups. The backup defense gave up 14 points real quick before I subbed my starters back in. Depth is not my strength with this team.

True freshman QB David Riley had a real nice debut going 21/28 for 283 yards and 4 tds. He threw 1 INT but nobody is perfect. Preseason All-American HB Charles McCauley ran for 94 yards rushing, 48 yards receiving and 3 total tds.

I'm looking forward to this season.

2. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Nice win Bondz!

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

UCLA 48 - Penn State 24

He jumped out to a 21-0 lead, but I was able to get some things together and close that down to 7 with a couple of chances to tie.

I saw a lot of man coverage, but it was still hard to consistently move the ball and I had a few over throws that killed me.

In the end, lawdog played solid D and mixed it up very well on offense.

gg

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Good game Murk, had some lucky plays early to help jump out to an early lead.

Your zone coverage was very tough, and overall I thought your run defense was really good.

The game was a lot closer that the score indicated.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

[​IMG]

Never thought i would read a Bondzai box sscore that has this statement above...

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I like your modesty.

7. OMlawdog

Its true, my QB played reall well, and really located the ball well, and really played fast. He is only a junior, and if we had another season in us, he would be a sure fire Hall of Famer.

One thing that I noticed in the game is that my DE once he got a sack, he got a redstar and he became unblockable.

Murk's offense was really tough to stop consistently, my interceptions were off deflections and one was pretty cool. Wayne Williams though only a sophmore had 2 picks, and I think he is going to have a big year.

It was good to be playing again.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am actually excited to play.

I have a Senior QB (PS #1) who was sitting behind T.J. Brooks. My receiver corp isn't as good, but my defense should be pretty nasty.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Oh yes, that one interception was pretty sweet but unfortunate for me lol. I thought my dude was gonna make the catch vs your corner, and then your safety came over and snagged it off the drop. Awesome play

10. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #3 FSU 37
    Maryland 24

Maryland scored 14 at the end of the game to make it close.

I ended up being outgained because my offense was nonexistent in the second half. The main reason I won was my redzone defense went 6-2-1 (50%)

We need to get better for next weeks match with Mizzou.

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    #1 Texas A&M 55, #6 Arkansas 7

A&M rolls despite the game time decision to start true frosh QB Aaron Andrews. Turned out to be the right call as Andrews burned the razerback defense for 250+ passing yards and 80+ rushing yards. The Aggie defense returns one of the best CB groups in the country and showed why they are so herald by forcing turnovers and constantly breaking up passes. Jr LB Jerome Smith had another game and looks to pick up where he left off from his 120 tackle sophomore season.

12. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Southern Miss: 25
    Georgia Tech: 41

Georgia Tech fans are going to want to stay out of the state of Mississippi for a while. After beating Mississippi St in week 1, they came out and handled their business against Southern Miss. USM tried to make it interesting in the 4th but Georgia Tech was too much to handle. QB David Riley was huge again in this game coming up with some beautiful passes for a few 3rd down conversions.

Up next is a huge game against Georgia that will really tell us where we are at.

Passing:
    D. Riley - 25/31, 286 yds, 2 td, 1 int

Rushing:
    C. McCauley - 28 att, 72 yds, 3 td

Receiving:
    R. Lawrence - 5 rec, 82 yds
    S. Ginn - 5 rec, 60 yds, 1 td

Defense:
    4 tfl, 1 sack, 2 ff

13. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

UGA 52
    WVU 22

Offense Clicked and the Defense brought the pain knocking their Qb out of the game a few times with various injuries then finishing him off by breaking his back in the 3rd.

14. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

UGA 51
    Col 7

Raymond racked up 4 sacks to make his season total up to 6. After breaking the WVU qb's back and ending his season the bulldogs continued their terror on Starting QB's knocking Colorado's Starting QB out 7 weeks with a strained Back.

Collins lit up the Colorado Defense for 400+ and 5 TD's making him the player game....

15. OMlawdog

UCLA - 49
    Iowa - 3

Clarence Simmons had a breakout performance in this game. I pulled him from starting WR in the 3rd Quarter and forgot to pull him from KR duties, and he proceeded to run one back for a TD. He and Palmer are dynamite at the WR spots. Probably the best 1-2 punch I have had at WR. Sad thing is they are only Soph and JR, and this is our last year. I can't imagine how good my offense could be next year with Leroy Wilson/Simmons/Palmer.

Defense played great again, with Wayne Williams having a great day. Iowa liked to run screens and they were sniffed out each time.

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Penn State - 45
    Clemson - 27

The offense was very electric today, but a few mistakes held them from really lighting up the scoreboard. For example, Junior WR McDuffie finished off a 40+ yard reception by fumbling on the goal line. However, he made up for it by the end of the game totaling 149 yards on 7 receptions with a TD.

Recievers Henley and Barnett had big games as well. Henley, a Junior, had 4 receptions for 155 yards and 2 TDs, and Senior Barnett had 114 yards on 6 receptions.

Senior QB Travis Wilson was a big reason for their success, and with that he broke a school record throwing for 472 yards on 23 completions.

The defense gave up a lot of big plays, but held Clemson scoreless in the second half until right at the end.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #3 Florida State - 24
    #9 Missouri - 20

This was a fantastic game. In a game of high flying offenses, it was a markedly defensive battle. Missouri started the game off with the ball and were quickly driven off the field by a stout Florida State defense, giving the ball back via punt. Florida State quickly moved down the field, running out of the four wide and slinging the ball around. Florida State was perfect passing on the drive when the FSU quarterback threw a horrible pass into double coverage and was intercepted in the end zone. Again Missouri was forced to punt quickly. The Florida State offense was no match for the Mizzou defense and punted the ball back. This cycle went back and forth until Florida State managed to break the shutout by kicking a 56 yard FG.

In the second quarter, apparently fired up by giving up 3 points, the Tiger offense marched down the field and scored on a pass to the TE. Florida State then drove down the field in a few plays and scored a touchdown on a crossing pattern to a receiver to make the score 10-7. This quarter was marked by two turnovers by FSU (1 more int and a fumble). To round out the half, Mizzou scored on a run from inside the five to end the half up 14-10.

In the second half, Missouri drives into the opposing red zone but is held on the goal line and are forced to kick a field goal to make it 17-10. On the ensuing kickoff, the Seminole receiver is demolished and fumbles, which is picked up and ran into the red zone. Again, the FSU defense steps up and forced yet another field goal, but they are down 20-10.

In the fourth quarter, the FSU offense goes on a solid drive, punctuated by a touchdown via run, which makes the score 20-17. The FSU offense is excited to get back on the field after a defensive stop. The drive down and score on a touchdown run by Jim Jackson, giving them a 24-20 lead.

With less than two minutes left, the Tiger offense lands a couple huge plays to get into Seminole territory. They stumble and end up in a 4th and long, where the Tiger QB overthrows an open receiver to give the ball back to Florida State, who run out the clock.

---

Good game buddy, tough luck at the end for you. I was amazed to turn the ball over 4 times and eek out a win. You have a solid team, it should be a good year in Tiger country.

18. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Good game guys!

19. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Great game Shaun. It was a battle from the opening kickoff. That INT I caught in the endzone should have been returned for a TD, but my dumbass runs towards the OLineman instead off away from him. My WR in the 4th quarter didn't even make an attempt to try to catch the ball when we had the LB beat. Great game Shaun. Games like this ggets me pumped for NCAA 11.

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #1 Florida State - 58
    Florida - 0

Florida State is still rubbing salt in the wound for the defeat they took three seasons ago. The FSU defense played with fire all game, limited the Florida offense to 101 yards and scoring a defensive touchdown.

The FSU offense was clicking on all cylinders, with QB Williams passing for 450+ yards and 4 touchdowns, and senior HB Jackson ran for 80 yards.

21. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

So much for sim football, no way FSU beats UF by that score....ever. Especially w/Shaun controlling them :thingnana:

Sorry for the intrusion, just getting antsy for `11 to drop.

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I keep getting facemasks and pass interference!!!

edit: lol, got one right after I posted that too!

At the half..Virginia Tech 17 - Penn State 14

Penn State was able to add a score late in the half. So far, penalties and interceptions have killed them.

-----

After a safety and a big TD run by Penn State QB Travis Wilson the Nittany Lions went up 7. However, VT would bounce right back with a 69 yard TD run by Sophomore Andre Jackson and a FG to lead by 3 going into the fourth.

Penn State tied it with a FG in the fourth, but VT took the lead back with one of their own with 1:37 left on the clock. 30-27

Penn State would line up for a FG and it bounces off the bottom bar, no good.

Wow, what a rough game lol. 8 penalties for 111 yards, no I didn't have any agressive stuff on. I threw 5 interceptions.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Technically we are 10 seasons into the future. By then, Urban Meyer's heart will have undoubtedly stopped ticking. Who knows what teams will look like then (and I can only hope my Aggies are half as good as my current team).

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha I have a better team than I did when it was Browns vs Steelers.

25. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

hahaha, touche.