Season 11 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Emmdotfrisk, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Post them in here boys!

2. Emmdotfrisk

[​IMG]

Georgia Tech: 61
    Purdue: 0

This was a terrible game for the boilermakers. Purdue came into the game as an D+ program who has taken a lot of beatings. Georgia Tech put together 815 total yards of offense while Purdue only mustered 366. Georgia Tech won the possession battle 23 minutes to 9, controlling the clock with 59 rushing attempts. Sophomore Keith Webb came into the game in the second quarter, carrying the ball 26 times for 255 yards with 2 TD's. Starter, Preseason All-american RB, Mark Collins carried the ball 19 times for 170 yards with 3 TD's. Third string RB Atari Pierce carried the ball 13 times for 69 yards with a TD.

Senior leader and QB Mark Merriman completed 20/30 passes for 248 yards with 2 TD's. Freshmen WR Melvin Anderson led all receivers with 8 catches for 106 yards with a TD.

The Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 1-0 (0-0) will now face #14 Cal before they open up conference play against rival Virginia Tech.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

BC 66
    SU 14

this game was all about big hits and Forced fumbles as we forced 7 or 8 recovering 5. Fuller had 4 TD's and 200 yrds to go with fontaine's 100+ yrds on the ground plus a couple of scores.

I know were killing the cpu, but we really need to either bump up user Pass coverage or really knock down cpu ACC. SU went 33/38 for 300+ yrds. starter went 24/28 and his backup went 8/9. Their HB open the game with a completion.

4. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Do I need to say it again?

QB Acc for the computer would just make them more terrible, you realize this as well, right?

Maybe if you didn't force 8 fumbles the computer wouldn't go into robo-shit-mode in order to feel like it can compete with you. Before you ask, there isn't a slider for fumbles.

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

well a D- cuse team shouldn't go 33/38 on a A defense...

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Robo QB was at it again.

#18 Utah - 41
    #17 Tennessee - 36

I couldn't do shit to stop them, and they got 4 interceptions (3 off tipped passes). This game was a nightmare for me. My defense is terrible...530 yards given up.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I had the robo stuff in my game too. 23/26 I think he went.

Miami 28
    UL 25

Got a solid performance from QB Lewis and the ground game. We were up comfortably and looking to put the game out of reach when our HB fumbled the ball and UL put up 14 unanswered points late in the 4th to pull within 3. We needed a clock eating drive in the end to put the game away.

8. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    At least you won.:)

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 1 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final

[​IMG] 7 13 7 21 48

[​IMG] 0 7 0 14 21

First Quarter​

01:00 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 16 yard rush

Second Quarter

05:18 TD Texas Tech Howard Franklin WR #10 2 yard pass from Brian McClain QB #17
    02:41 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 15 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14
    00:03 TD Georgia Aaron Garrett TE #84 12 yard pass from Eric Wilson QB #14

Third Quarter​

04:51 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 8 yard rush

Fourth Quarter

07:24 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 8 yard rush
    06:55 TD Texas Tech Carlos Reed WR #18 39 yard pass from Brian McClain QB #17
    02:14 TD Georgia Bo Washington WR #82 94 yard kick return TD
    05:15 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 72 yard rush
    03:38 TD Texas Tech Scott Robertson HB #46 7 yard rush

2 late second quarter touchdowns broke this game open for the Bulldogs....

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

Eric Wilson 27 19 325 2 1

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Adam Joseph 24 198 4 72

10. Emmdotfrisk

Man Joseph looks like a beast on paper I can't wait to see him in action for our rivalry game.

11. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Thats unless I put him down again and have him injured all season in our game in a few weeks...

12. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

13. JrRawlins

Joseph can be a load at times... 6'4 240... if he gets up a head of steam he is a problem.....

14. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

James is running wild for me now. He is an 88 ovr soph, which is definitely the best back I have had so far. I just hope I can keep him in school. I am pretty sure I can for next season, but he might leave after jr...

Having super speedy Kerr as a spell back and returner is nice too, he is a big play threat.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    1.jpg

#6 Texas - 42
    #24 Tennessee - 45

A week after not getting it done, the Vols went into Austin and took one from the Longhorns. If this game is any indication, this year is going to be full of shootouts for Tennessee. With Chad Carter seeking redemption after playing like a freshman last week, he rebounded by going 21/38 for 401 yards and 5 touchdowns. Derrick Williams added 95 yards on 21 carries. The defense looked lost, giving up 166 yards rushing to J.R. Armstrong, and Kevin Smith going 23/34 for 354 yards and 2 touchdowns. The defense won the game with an interception and a CRITICAL fumble recovery in the fourth. After a back and forth game, Tennessee got the ball back tied at 42 and drove down the field where they scrapped a FG across the crossbar for the win.

16. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 1

UNC 27
    Nevada 3

Nevada took a 3-0 lead as the first quarter ended, but that is all they would get for the remainder of the game. The Tar Heel defense looked impressive, forcing 3 turnovers and holding Nevada to approximately 250 yards of offense. The offense was balanced with Cabral making huge strides in the offseason becoming a serviceable QB for us this year. He went 9/16 for 131 yards and 2 TDs. HB Craig Pittman rushed for 186 yards and 1 TD on 25 carries.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Week 2

UNC 51
    Rutgers 44

UNC Victorious Overtime Thriller
    Rutgers looked unstoppable through the first quarter and a half of this game scoring 21 unanswered points, and holding the Tar Heels offense to 3 punts. The Tar Heels would finally get on the board midway through the 2nd quarter on a 5 yard run by backup HB Robert King, but the Scarlet Knights would strike back in only 45 seconds to push the lead to 20 after the missed extra point. North Carolina would score a big touchdown with 24 seconds left in the half on an 11 yard pass to pre-season All-ACC TE John Webb to cut the lead back to 13 and get the Tar Heels within striking distance. After a quick 3 and out to open the 2nd half for the Tar Heels, Rutgers would again march down the field, but this time the Tar Heel defense would hold in the red zone, forcing a field goal. A big TD from Cabral to senior George Andrews and the 2 pt conversion to James Lawrence would bring the Tar Heels within a score, but again Rutgers would put the game out of reach on a 55 yard pass play to Jared Randle. This is where the game broke open for North Carolina. Lawrence would score on a 35 yard pass from Cabral, then a big user pick would be returned for a TD to bring the score to 37-34 Rutgers. After a fumble recovery by the Tar Heels, only Rutgers 2nd turnover of the game, the Tar Heels would have the ball back with a chance to take their first lead of the game. Finally able to utilize the running game again, the Tar Heels would run a balanced drive led by Pittman and Cabral down the field, that was capped off by another short TD by King. Rutgers would recover from the 4th quarter flurry, and finally get an offensive drive going again, scoring on a 16 yard TD to the tight end to take a 3 point lead again. We would get the ball back and take up the final 2:30 of the game, but were forced to kick the 30 yard field goal after some conservative play calling in the red zone. Going into overtime we lost the toss and had to take the ball first. On 4th and goal from the 3 we opted to go for it, not having the confidence in the defense to make a stop. Cabral would find Pittman in the flats to score the TD and give us a 7 point lead. The defense would hold Rutgers to 4 straight downs to seal the win. This was a big win for us, and our first win vs a top 25 program under Coach Timpegoose.

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Oh and I forgot to mention, before Rutgers 3rd TD they recovered a kickoff because their kicker was so bad that he dropped one in front of our returners and behind our 2nd line that bounced past the oncoming return man and was recovered by Rutgers. At that point I thought I had no chance to comeback, if not for the 2 key takeaways in the 4th quarter this game could've gotten ugly.

19. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 38
    Boston College - 28

Ole Miss once again showed why pretty much everyone discounts that paper championship that BC won last year. Some of the Ole Miss players were angry about the offseason smack talk about a "team of destiny", and responded. Team leader TJ Ray was interviewed after the game and said some off color comments that probably were best left unsaid.

Ray, incensed by what he perceived as a lack of respect from Boston College before the game, refused to talk to reporters initially. Then he talked angrily about the Eagles, saying they are overrated and "paper champions" who live off their reputation. "They talk so much, and they win crappy awards because they talk and run up the score on little sisters of the poor," he said. "They ain't nothing but paper champions. That's all they are, and that's all they're ever going to be."

Ray said he took exception to the pregame talk that focused too heavily on Boston College and their national title from last year. He said he was offended by analysts who predicted the Eagles would win, and who gushed about the team's award winners.

The Rebels, after all, entered the game having won 60 of their last 61 ball games. Yet, Ray said, all the talk was about the Eagles being among the preseason favorites to win the National Title.
    But Friday Night, the Rebels looked like their old self and looked more like national title contenders than the Eagles, sacking Adam Fuller 4 times and holding the Eagles to -13 rushing yards.

"I think a lot of people underestimated us because, 'Oh, Leigh Bennett is the reigning DL of the year, Kyle Dotson is one of the best WR in college football, oh they got Adam Fuller at QB" he said.

Ray said it angered him that several Eagles, namely Bennett, Dotson and Coach BBJ, talked trash during and before the game but did not back it up.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I needed a last second FG to beat D rated NC State. It could be a long season.

21. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

#23 Miami 50
    Arizona 22

Our offensive line played above and beyond themselves today. They pass blocked like a bunch of Orlando Pace clones and they run blocked like a group of 5 road graters. They get the mvp for today's game as they made it a day at the park for our skill players.

The game was close when Arizona sacked Lewis forcing a fumble that they scooped and scored on just before halftime to cut the lead to 3. Then with only 4 seconds left, the Canes had the ball on the 30 after the kick return. Looking to run the clock out and get into half time, we went off tackle with Davis and he gained 10 yards and got face masked as he was tackled. The result? Our ball at their 45 for one last untimed down. We figured what the heck let's chuck the hail mary. It worked! Rivera got behind the defense somehow and Lewis hit him just as he crossed the goalline. It was a big momentum swinger in this game.

In the second half, Zona would try to rally back, but two 50+ yard TD runs by Davis and Rogers would slam the door shut on the Wildcats.

Miami HB Kevin Davis 12 att 123 yds TD
    Miami HB Cortez Rogers 6 att 63 yds 2 TDs

Sadly I think this game has given us false hope this season. There's no way our suspect offensive line is this good. It's nice when they do play like this though cause it gave our offense a chance for once. Maybe we can keep this offensive production going and finally start competing in the ACC this season.

22. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Miss St - 41
    UNC - 3

Well, not much to say in this one... Timpegoose is really held back by the talent of UNC this late in the dynasty. He obviously knows how to play and would be a good challenge with a similarly rated team. On D my front 7 dominated his line for the most part. It kinda reminded me of my struggles and futile efforts against OM when my team was a C+ to his A. One memorable play, UNC was in Shotgun and I was in Nickel with 3 dline. He did a run, and my Sr DT Harrison blew through a double team, brushed off the blocking back, and leveled the HB about 4 yards in the backfield on the handoff. There just isnt much he can do about that. My offense was efficient. Barber with 7/9 with a pair of TD passes early to secure the lead, and then he was regulated to handing off to James and Kerr for the remainder. James grinded out about 160 yards on the ground. Goodgame to Timpe on a hard fought and sim match and goodluck in future recruiting to beef up the talent a little.

23. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    You had 9 sacks and held them to 25 rushing yards and a 50% 3rd down efficiency. Perhaps you were selling out on the run?

When you go up 42-7 on a team at HALF TIME, the CPU is going to want to throw it all over the place. Don't complain about unrealistic results when you hang 42 points in two quarters. The game is already out of whack.

Robo QB happens. Honestly I haven't seen someone come up with a good explanation of why and how to fix it. It's a problem everywhere.

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

they were fumbling like crazy...

25. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

The only thing that I don't get is how some guys are racking up sacks. I have a pretty stout front 7 and sacks are pretty hard to come by. I just don't see how some teams are getting that many sacks against the CPU.