Season 11 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Emmdotfrisk, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Just beat vandy 52-10, had a great interception return. Went to upload the file and it froze.... Last time I try and upload a highlight.

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Illinois - 52
    BYU - 28

My defense is completely different with out my two top corners. WR's were running wide ass open. Kimbrough got hurt, then my QB got hurt, luckily two of my WR's really had some nice plays and put the game out of reach.

Really disappointed with the way my defense played.

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I would never be disappointed after a 52-28 victory.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

dont fall for his garbage, he was probably up 45-7 with his 3rd stringers in.... screaming at them....

5. OMlawdog

It was 17-13 at the half, and BYU simply wasn't that good. Just didn't play that well. The team rallied in the second half, but 27 points to an average BYU team isn't what I wanted to see in my first game with a game in Baton Rouge next week.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Judging from the scores I obviously need to something to the sliders. Good lord.

7. Bondzai

Let's not get crazy here, I just made a bowl game.

8. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    are you laughing as you say this?

9. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

If it makes you feel any better I only beat Ball State by 3

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I supersimmed my game this morning and my CPU team went off on Vandy.

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Stanford 38
    Notre Dame 17

This game was A LOT closer than it looks. Notre Dame was up 17-10 up until 3:43 left in the 4th when we tied it up on a 7 yard slant to Smith. Notre Dame's next drive should have been a 3 and out, but on 4th and 3 one of our guys jumped offsides to give them the 1st down. Apparently the D Coordinator lit a fire under our defense's ass after the dumbass mistake on special teams. In a post game interview Jasper Turner said jokingly "It was all part of the plan". On the very next play after the penalty, Turner would step in front of a screen and take it to the house to give us a 7 point lead. 1 minute later, Marcus Pressley cut off a crossing route and ran that back 60 yards to put us up 2 scores. Even the big men got in on the action. The Irish line forgot to block and Moore took back to back sacks, the 2nd of which could've been made by 3 Cardinal players and Moore fumbled. Antonio Thomas picked it up and jogged the last 4 yards into the end zone. Player of the game was Todd Hairston with 8 tackles, 4 TFL, 1 Int, and a FF

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Northwestern - 27
    Mississippi State - 0

I'm trying out a new playbook so my offense is a little different this year. After starting the game 9/10 passing for 199 yards and 2 scores I backed off the throttle. The Bulldogs run this god awful spread to run scheme. They ended up with 100 yards rushing....on 37 carries. I had people getting hurt left and right, though no one too bad. Next week should be a test as the 'Cats play TCU.

13. OMlawdog

Illinois - 31
    LSU - 6

Much better performance by my entire team. Defense played well offense was fairly well balanced allowing some 2nd teamers to get some playing time on defense. Also got some touches for my freshman HB who I decided to not redshirt and help give Townsend and Kimbrough a break and he is surprising fast and went for 111 yards, 89 on one long run and looks pretty solid. Very surprising as I didn't think he was going to be that good, but had a really nice game.

14. JrRawlins

Solid Win for Cignetti

Bloomington is buzzing following a 47-25 win over Ohio.

The Hoosiers started off fairly strong scoring on their first couple of possesions, but the Bobcats ran a strong fleXbox One offense, that took the Hoosiers some time to get used too... with the Bobcats raking up 100 yards rushing in the 1st half... the Hoosiers rolled up 463 yards with 227 yards on the ground... Hunt racked up 186 yards 2 tds, and Sledge contributed 84 yards... Donald Anderson pulled in 152 yards and 2 scores receiving..... Freshman John Poland started his career with 3 sacks... McDonald snatched his first pick of the year and Ryan thomas had 7 tackles..... The Hoosiers are on the road next week as they travel to Chapel Hill to face #9 North Carolina

15. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Freshman Shine
    Frosh HB/FB combo shine in Opener

What a game in Tuscon today as the Arizona Wildcats were able to hold off the Michigan Wolverines 28-23. It wasn't a great day passing for either team as both quarterbacks seemed off the mark. But the Wildcats were able to utilize a freshman Halfback and Fullback combination to score two touchdowns. Fr HB Steven McKenzie would rush for 88 yards and a score, and FR FB James Price would score from 1 yard out. The biggest momentum swing of the game came in the third quarter. Late in the quarter the Wolverine QB would scramble to try and get out of bounds. He ended up getting hit from the rush behind him, and would fumble the ball deep in their own territory. GG Bondzai

Arizona 28
    Michigan 23

16. Bondzai

Notre Dame: 38
    Michigan: 14

Notre Dame's A+ defense felt like they had 14 guys on the field.

17. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, they were sick. If my defense didn't score 3 TDs I had no chance.

18. Bondzai

Yeah my defense scored 1. I was only able to get 1 from my offense.

19. JrRawlins

[​IMG] Indiana 38
    [​IMG] #6 North Carolina 24

The Hoosiers traveled to Chapel Hill looking to see how they stacked up with the #6 team in the country.... The Hoosiers and Tarheels started off slow... each kicking a field goal in the first quarter.... the 2nd quarter is where the scoring started.... the Tarheels scored 13 points early, while the Hoosiers closed the 2nd quarter by scoring twice in the last minute... with Brett Melton scoring from 18 yards and then again from 87 yards out.... to take a 17-16 score into halftime.... Nate Sledge busted a 50 yard run for the only score in the 3rd quarter..... TJ Davis caught a huge pass to cut the lead in half.... the Hoosiers then put the game in Jeff Hunt's hands and he closed the off with 2 scores.... Hunt finished with 130 yards on 26 carries..... Nate Sledge rushing for 61 yards on 6 carries..... Brett Melton finishes with 154 yards on 5 carries..... up next for the Hoosiers is a trip to Cal.... to play the Cal Bears

20. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

[​IMG] #9 STAN 47
    [​IMG] #7 OU 17
    1ST DOWNS
    14 9
    3rd down conversions
    4/10 6/14
    4th down conversions
    0/0 0/0
    TOTAL OFFENSE
    365 287
    PASSING YARDS
    273 127
    Completions/Attempts
    12/25 11/21
    Yards Per Attempt
    10.9 6
    RUSHING YARDS
    92 160
    Rushing Attempts
    31 32
    Yard Per Rush
    3 5
    PENALTIES-YARDS
    0-0 1-5
    TURNOVERS
    2 4
    Fumbles Lost
    1 1
    Interceptions Thrown
    1 3
    POSSESSION
    16:28 11:32

A tale of 2 halves for us offensively, and our defense was dominate throughout, minus a couple of blips where we gave up big plays. The D opened up the scoring for us again, with a 78 yard INT return by Turner. Oklahoma would have an answer for everything we threw at them in the first half, and we went into half up 14-10. MLB Hairston had a nice 1st half with 8 tackles. The 2nd half is where things really opened up for us. After finishing the 1st half 3/12 with a pick, Hall would really settle in. He was 9/13 in the 2nd half with 1 TD, and really managed the offense well. The only points the D allowed in the 2nd half were off an 80 yard run where the HB broke a couple tackles and out ran a couple of D-Lineman to the endzone. With 1 minute left we punted and pinned them deep within the 2, and were able to force the safety. Even the punter was on point, pinning 3 punts inside the 5. We're at home against Oregon next week to open up Pac 12 play.

21. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Solid win man..

22. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright, so I'm a little behind here.

Week 2

Northwestern - 34
    TCU - 31

In David Holloway's first real test, Northwestern went on the road to face a very good TCU team. The Horned Frogs were up 10-7 early in the second when the Wildcat defense knocked out starting TCU quarterback John Woods out of the game. He would later return to the game but untested freshman Ken Scott was forced to take over play calling duties until the fourth quarter. Northwestern tied the game up at 10 and then on the first drive Scott was in the game he matched the Frogs into the red zone only to throw a interception to MLB Ken Ellison who took it 83 yards to the house to give Northwestern a 17-10 lead at half. In the third, Northwestern marched down the field and kicked a field goal to extend the lead to 10. Ken Scott finally hit a groove and marched TCU down the field to cut the lead to 3. Less than a minute later Jerry Whitworth was in the end zone to put the 'Cats back up by 10. Starting TCU QB John Woods finally got his bearings and marched back out onto the field for the fourth quarter. He moved the Frogs down the field and ended the drive by hitting receiver Josh Montgomery for a 15 yard touchdown to cut the lead to 3. Northwestern couldn't move the ball against the tough TCU defense and again Woods made a big play, hitting wide out Quinton Stanley on a 68 yard bomb to take the lead with three minutes to go. It was now time for Holloway to prove his worth. He had been struggling on the day despite throwing 3 touchdown passes. This drive he dinked and dunked down the field to get Wildcats inside the 1 yard line. After two huge stops by the TCU defense, full back Corey Peterson took a FB dive into the end zone to take back the lead. That was the game as TCU was unable to move the ball and threw an interception to seal the Northwestern win.

Week 3

Northwestern - 17
    Michigan State - 14

This game was a battle of B1G defense. It isn't often that the Wildcat defense is the best unit on the field, but that was true for this game. Holloway shit his pants in his first B1G start and threw 4 terrible interceptions. Usually when Northwestern's quarterback goes 16/32 for 211 yards, 1 touchdown and four turnovers it isn't a win. However the Northwestern defense wouldn't let the Spartans move the ball, holding them to 244 yards on offense. Sparty is built to run and the starting Michigan State running back had 22 carries for 44 yards. The real reason for their offensive woes was a kicker who went 2/6 from field goal range. Sparty took a 6-0 lead on two long drives capped by field goals then Holloway hit Chris Harris on a long pass to make it 7-6. NU got the ball back and marched down the field and Holloway took the rock in on a designed QB run from 12 yards out. After that, Sparty eventually tied the game up with a touchdown pass and two point conversion. On the next Wildcat possession they scored a field goal and it was all defense from there.

Week 4

Boise State - 17
    Northwestern 62

What a difference a week makes. Five Boise State turnovers, a pick six, a kickoff return for a touchdown and amazing performance by David Holloway equal a lopsided blow out. David Holloway lead the Wildcats and scored on every possession he was involved in, ending up 21/23 for 391 yards with 5 touchdowns. At the end of the third quarter both starting squads left the field and Boise scored 2 late touchdowns against the cheerleaders.

Week 5

Northwestern - 34
    Michigan - 14

This game was really a lot closer than the score indicates. The Michigan defensive squad is really good and early in the game the pass rush made life difficult for Northwestern. Michigan opened the game up by pounding the ball down the throat of the Northwestern defense and making first downs when necessary. Northwestern was stifled offensively until the second quarter when two drives ended with running back Jerry Whitworth catching a pass in the end zone. The first half ended 14-7 Northwestern.

Northwestern got the ball back and went right down the field where back up running back Larry Stover took the ball in from 14 yards out to put Northwestern up 21-7. Michigan could have rolled over and died here but instead coach Bondzai called a very smart drive, focusing on running the ball and eventually Anthony Rogers (who is a man child) scored from 3 yards out to cut the lead to seven. The teams swapped a couple of possessions before Northwestern went on another drive that was capped by another Stover rushing touchdown to make it a 28-14 game. After that Michigan started to push a bit to get back into the game and threw a couple of interceptions that ended up Northwestern field goals.

Great game Bondzai.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  23. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Payback from last year? Lol.

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Yes.

25. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Arizona 31
    Auburn 27

We got the running game going again, which we needed versus this no huddle team. Auburn came out on fire jumping out to a 14-0 lead before I could really even get anything going offensively. Sophmore BJ Martin had another 150 yard game with 2 scores. In the second half my defense was able to somewhat slow down the Auburn offense until really late, when with 1:26 the Tigers scored a go ahead touchdown. But Stallings was able to engineer a great drive and the Wildcats scored with 17 ticks left to go up by 4...another Cardiac win..

• Like Like x 1