Season 12 game recaps

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Wyrmreaver, May 1, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Guess most guys aren't doing these.....

2. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou 45
    Miami 21

The Tigers opened the scoring with a field goal that bounced off the goal post and in. Miami answered with a 33 yard TD strike to take an early lead, 7-3. A couple plays later, Matt Sanders darted through the line and into space for a 52 yard TD run to give his team a 10-7 lead after 1. After the teams traded possessions a couple times in the second quarter, Mizzou finally got something going, eventually throwing a fade route TD with just 3 seconds in the half. 17-7 Tigers lead at the break.

Copeland found Brown for a 46 yard TD early in the third to extend the lead to 24-7. Miami struck back with a TD of there own before Sanders once again found daylight, this time for a 47 yard TD to give the Tigers a 31-14 advantage going into the fourth. Miami answered with a Quick TD drive to darrow the lead to 10 once more, but the Tigers were able to ground out a couple more TD drives to put this game to bed.

Stats of the Game:
    Mizzou
    Blake Copeland: 14 of 17 for 206 yards and 3 TDs
    Matt Sanders: 25 carries for 197 yards and 3 TDs, plus 4 catches for 50 yards
    Travis Brown: 4 catches for 73 yards and 2 TDs
    Jason Booker: 3 tackles, 2 interceptions

Miami
    Anthony Summers: 13 of 19 for 173 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
    Jason Calhoun: 8 rushes for 44 yards and 1 TD
    Matt Fine: 4 catches for 77 yards and 2 TDs

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I'm doing user wins.

4. Wyrmreaver

Oh, okay.... so no recaps from you this season then..... :p

5. Jayrah

Yick it up. My team is very much improved over the last time you saw me. I envision a classic between TAMU and MIZZOU to end the year.

6. Wyrmreaver

Classic beat down.... my HB is in straight Heisman beastmode! I will spam him everydown until you submit. :)

7. Jayrah

Please do. I welcome that challenge. I'm at my best defensively against Heisman level RB's. :sneaky: Except that one play vs freaking Whygod

8. Wyrmreaver

true. Iirc my 99 ovr heisman back from about 4 seasons ago hot like 150+ against every team except TAMU who held him to like 50..... I'll see if I can do better this time, lol. :p

9. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou 41
    Auburn 3

On a rainy night in Missouri, Auburn just had no answers. Mizzou came out early and simply dominated this one from start to finish. Early on when Auburn had some chances they got bit with misfortune. The most obvious case was after forcing a punt late in the second quarter and trailing 13-0, Auburn snagged a poor punt and made some nifty moves, almost breaking a PR TD until a big hit forced a fumble that Mizzou recovered. Mizzou tacked on another TD and wouldn't punt again all game long.

Stats:
    Mizzou
    Blake Copeland: 10 of 12 for 177 yards and 2 TDs
    Matt Sanders: 22 carries for 223 yards and 2 TDs plus 3 catches for 63 yards and one TD

Auburn
    Sam Robbins: 5 of 15 for 108 yards and 2 INTs
    Ryan Andrews: 11 carries for 33 yards

GG recchem2000 maybe you'll get a shot at payback in the CCG

10. Jayrah

No... he won't. :bag:

11. Jayrah

That's right. And you won't. I'm on a mission that ends at WhyGod. If you get in my way, I'll give you the craaaaaaaaaazy EYE! o_O

12. Jayrah

[​IMG]24 [​IMG]30

Aggies Hold off Miami

A little late on the recap but basically this was a high scoring, ugly football game that shouldn't have been this close. Miami's offense was abysmal with 5 interceptions and 2 fumbles, the last of which sealed the deal late in the 4th. But TAMU's inability to put in a dagger left the outcome in doubt for much of the game. The Canes' defense was largely on it inside the 25, giving their offense a bevy of chances after forcing 2 ints and 2 FGs.

Big picture: Miami and TAMU play this way, lately with the Aggies pulling it out repeatedly. It's got to be frustrating for Boom29 as he continues to get just close enough for #heartbreakcity. TAMU starts its' rough road to a repeat berth into the National Championship game in less than stylish fashion, but expect this to be the kind of game you see between MexiRican35 LSU, recchem2000 Auburn and Wyrmreaver Mizzou.

13. Jayrah

Since practically nobody is doing these, I'll do a quick synopsis. After getting shut down at home against a fired up LSU squad, TAMU (on the road) exacted revenge against Auburn in dominating fashion. Auburn scored twice in the 4th to make it respectable, but a 38-12 lead after a blocked extra point was closer to the tone of the game. Aggies made a ton of big plays, TE breaking two tackles for a 69 yard touch, a punt return td, a diving pick by the safety at the goal line to safe a td and some other big passing plays. This was tough for the Tigers to stomach.

38-25

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Jayrah
    Good game man. I had nothing last night. I blinked and it was 21-3 and it only got worse from there

15. Jayrah

I know the feeling. I felt like I had a whole lotta points against MexiRican35 but every time I looked the board said I didn't.

16. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou 37
    TAMU 16

The Aggies had no answers on offense. On the day they managed just 117 yards of offense, almost entirely after the half when they were already down 30-2. On the other side, a good day in pass defense (3 ints and 6 sacks) from the Aggies was spoiled by a 177 yard rushing performance from Heisman frontrunner Matt Sanders.

GG Jayrah that second quarter was just too much to come back from

17. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Arkansas 50
    LSU 45

Not a typo 50 to 45 ( wire confuses safeties apparently )

Down 26 in the 4th quarter LSU comes back to take a 1 point lead with 43 seconds remaining. Arkansas came back with a 41 yard TD pass for the win and the SEC west title.

Huge stats:
    LSU:
    B. Rogers 33/51 494 5TDs

ARK:
    Brad Roach 482 Total yards 4 TDs

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  18. Jayrah

Yeah I got frustrated and started forcing. A note not mentioned was my blocked XP and scoop for 2. Seemed pretty upset about that :D. Called it "Cheesy Shit" lol. Good timing my friend... good timing

19. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

I will admit to waiting a random amount of time to kick FGs against jayrah. I am wise to his ways.... except when I am not.... :)

I have tried it when I have nothing to lose going offsides, I am never successful.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jayrah

I'm prolly pushin 10 blocks this cycle. I've prolly dove by another 6 or 7.