Season 12 Midseason Review

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Apr 14, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Basically i am gonna try to break down each team, where they are heading and end up with a projection...ill try to track the highs and lows of each team... obviously if you want to do your own team... feel free.... with further ado......

#2 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

The Yellow Jackets are rolling along currently pounding the rock down teams throat. The Yellow Jackets boast the #1 rushing attack in the nation. Keith Webb leads the Yellow Jackets with over 1400 yards and 17tds in only 7 games... Webb should go ahead and strike a Heisman pose if he can finish the season. Right behind Webb in yardage is Atari Pierce who has almost 1200 yards on the ground. This fearsome twosome is unlikely any seen in the Deuce...Defensively, no one on the Yellow jackets stand out but thats because they spend alot of time watching the action, due to the ball control offense the Jackets run.

Schedule

The Yellow Jackets have 5 games left on their schedule, @ Miami is a huge game if the Yellow Jackets can advance through that game with a win, they are poised to make a serious national title run. The last game on their schedule is Georgia, could be a big game if the Yellow Jackets can advance past Miami.

Projection
    13-1 ACC Coastal Champs, lost in the ACC Championship Game to Boston College
    Finish #4 in the nation....

• Like Like x 1
  2. JrRawlins

#1 Tennessee Volunteers

The Volunteers are rolling along behind the play of QB Patrick Jefferson who has only thrown 3 interceptions compared to 17 touchdowns, all the while racking up 1900 yards. DeMarcus Patton is coming on really, really strong racking up almost 800 yards and 11 tds. The Volunteers boast a very balanced offense and are diffcult to stop. Their defense is led by MLB Chris Watkins whose size and range in their 3-4 defensive scheme really highlights his abilities. Freshman Willie Jones is a menace off the edge notching 5 sacks in 7 games....
    Schedule
    The Volunteers have one big game left against South Carolina at home, if they win that they are essentially a shoo-in for the SEC title game.
    Projection
    13-1 SEC Coastal Champs, lost in the SEC Championship Game to Ole Miss
    Finish #3 in the nation....

3. JrRawlins

next up....

Mississppi State
    Wake Forest
    Boston College

4. JrRawlins

#7 Mississippi State Bulldogs

The Bulldogs are led offensively by the talented, yet inconsistent Adam Flores. Flores has thrown for over 1700 yards and 19 touchdowns, but he also had 13 interceptions. Flores will need to be much more consistent in order for the Bulldogs to reach their goals. Micheal Jude leads the Bulldogs in rushing with over 1100 yards. Freshman Tight End Chad Montoya currently leads the Bulldogs in receptions, with 27, but Thomas Smiley has to be considered their big play threat with 6 touchdowns.
    Schedule

The Bulldogs are staring at their in-state rivals as the last game of the season again, this game almost always determines who will go to the SEC Title game and typically has some BCS implications. This season is no different, except the Bulldogs already have 1 conference loss, but if they win out they would go to the SEC title game and possibly make another national title run.

Projection
    11-2 another 2nd place finish in SEC West, at large BCS bid, Finish #8 in the nation....

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Awesome stuff Jr.

Jones should have 7 sacks in 7 games, but two of his sacks were not recorded due to a glitch when a fumble is challenged.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Great work JR. Although nobody stands out on my D, they play a huge role in helping get the offense back on the field! Webb and Pierce are work horses. I am considering implementing a 3 back season next year because these numbers are borderline video game ridiculous.

7. JrRawlins

#14 Wake Forest Demon Deacons

The Demon Deacons are led offensively by QB Ryan Johnson, his numbers are far from eye-popping, but he seems to get the job down. Wake Forest seems to thrive on the one hand helps the other theory, as they dont have a dominant presence offensively, everyone seems to chip in. Ben Philips had just about 700 yards rushing and 8 tds to lead the Deacons. Wake Forest has 4 different receivers with at least 20 catches. The Demon Deacons passing offense really is a spread the wealth type of O. Defensively, the Demon Deacons are led by Defensive Tackle Josh Gibbons with 5 sacks and Outside linebacker Byron Flynn is the steady presence for the Deacons defense.

Schedule
    The Deacons lost a critical game to the Boston College Eagles last week. And are now down essentially two games in the ACC Atlantic. The Deacons have a big game left against North Carolina, but will need alot of help to reach the ACC Championship game.

Projection
    11-2 another 2nd place finish in ACC Atlantic, Finish #10 in the nation....

8. JrRawlins

#3 Boston College Eagles

The Boston College Eagles are led offensively by Junior QB Kelvin Williams. Williams has thrown for over 1400 yards with 12 touchdowns and only 4 ints. The Eagles rushing attack is led by a great twosome of Terrance Adams and Mike Foster who have combined for over 700 yards of rushing. The Eagles receiving core is second to none. Talent-wise James Gray, Scott Martin and Joe Taylor are tremendously talented, add in Hayden smith and well the Eagles are flat out diffcult to stop.
    Schedule

After a brutal Week 2 lost to Ole Miss, Boston College has responded with 6 straight wins. The Eagles clearly control their own destiny again and have their sights set on another national title bid.
    Projection
    13-1 BCS Champs
    Finish #1 in the nation....

9. JrRawlins

next up....

Ole Miss Rebels
    South Carolina
    North Carolina

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Great shit, JR.

11. JrRawlins

#5 Ole Miss Rebels

The Rebels are led offensively by Jason Sanders who has thrown for almost 1900 yards with 23 tds and 7 ints..... Ole Miss has a rushing attack that is only rivaled by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. Currently the Rebels have 3 running backs with over 300 yards. Aaron Brown has 580 yards with 6 tds, Geoff Mitchell has 375 yards with 5 tds, and Xavier Ryan had 320 yards. Marcus Singleton is looking like a Bilenikoff Award finalist with 850 yards and 11 tds. The Rebels offense is a serious problem for opposing defenses.

Schedule

After a huge Week 2 victory over rival Boston College, somehow Oklahoma comes into Ole Miss and ends the nations longest home winning streak. The Rebels still clearly control their own destiny, but have a couple of big games to end their schedule with a home game against Georgia and a big time road game against rival Mississippi State probably for the division crown.

Projection
    13-1 BCS Bowl game winner,but finishes #3 in the polls and misses out on a title shot barely...
    Finish #2 in the nation....

12. JrRawlins

#8 South Carolina Gamecocks
    The Gamecocks are led offensively by their 2 running backs who carry the offensive load. Chris Washington has 374 yards but has a bit of the fumbili, Geoff Mitchell has 375 yards with 5 tds, and Xavier Ryan had 320 yards. Edmund Banks leads the Gamecocks in receiving with almost 600 yards and 7 tds. The Gamecocks passing attack is currently manned by Senior Adam Ford, but Ford is extremely turnover-prone as he has 16 tds but 15 turnovers (12 interceptions, 3 fumbles).

Schedule

The Gamecocks hit a rough patch early with losses to a set of Bulldogs, (Georgia and Mississippi State) in back to back weeks. Since those losses though the Gamecocks have been on a roll, they are a longshot to win the division crown, but they have a big game against the #1 Tennessee Volunteers next week, nothing like playing the spoiler when your chances have been ruined.

Projection
    10-3 Gator Bowl appearance
    Finish #15 in the polls

13. JrRawlins

Im gonna try to finish this up tonite before we advance...

i believe i have
    North Carolina
    Florida State
    Miami
    and Georgia left...

14. JrRawlins

#16 Miami Hurricanes

The Hurricanes are currently being led by a redshirt freshman at QB Bobby Franz. Franz has had his shares of up and downs so far this season throwing for almost 1600 yards but he has turned the ball over more than he has produced touchdowns. Franz has used his legs quite a bit this season racking up over 200 yards rushing from the QB position. The Hurricanes rushing attack is spearheaded by Senior Kevin Davis who has rushed for just over 400 yards with 8 tds and junior Cortez Rogers who has just over 250 yards rushing with 3 tds. The receiving core is led by Marvin rivers and Justin Hill, both players seem to have very sure hands as they have combined for almost 70 catches and only have 4 drops between them.

Schedule
    The Hurricanes had an up and down season so far, with a big win against Florida State but some tough losses to Penn State and Boston College. The Hurricanes season will be determined in the next two weeks with huge division games vs Miami this week and next week in Chapel Hill against the TarHeels. While the Hurricanes control their own fate, it will take some real work to win the division.

Projection
    10-3 ACC Coastal Runner up
    Chick-fil-A BOWL participant...

Finish #18 in the nation....

15. JrRawlins

#25 North Carolina TarHeels

The TarHeels have a senior-laden backfield with QB Grant Cabral who has thrown for 1600 yards and 11 tds. The TarHeels rushing attack is led by redshirt sophomore Anthony Silva and senior Craig Pittman who have ran for over 900 yards and 10 tds. Wide receiver James Lawrence is the main receiving option for the TarHeels. Lawrence has more than double the receptions of any other player on the TarHeel roster with 32 receptions. Lawrence also has a big lead in receiving yards. Needless to say he is the man when the ball is in the air for the Carolina offense.

Schedule
    The TarHeels have good season so far, despite a tough loss to Georgia Tech. The TarHeels season will be determined in the next two weeks with huge division games at home against Miami and Wake Forest. While the Tarheels control their own fate, if they advance to the ACC Championship game, they will have earned it.

Projection
    9-4 ACC Coastal Runner up
    MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL Winner...​

Finishes unranked....

16. JrRawlins

Florida State Seminoles

The Seminoles have a strong passing attack led by two senior WR's, Kyle Brown and Devin Young and their stud tight end Jermaine Atkins. These three Seminoles receivers have made up more than 70 percent of the passing attack. Needless to say they get the ball and know what to do with it. QB Junior Brady is currently near the top of the ACC in passing at just under 2000 yards with 16 touchdowns. Senior HB Scott Haas leads the Seminoles in rushing with just under 800 yards and 9 touchdowns. Unfortunately for the Seminoles, Haas has a strong caase of fumbilitis with 7 fumbles this season.

Schedule
    The Seminoles conference fate has already been determined. With tough losses to Wake Forest, Boston College, and Miami; the Seminoles have to go back to the drawing board and figure out a way to break through and compete with the big boys. Their remaining schedule isnt very daunting and they should be able to run the table be bowl eligible and finish the seaon on a good note.

Projection
    8-5 ACC Atlantic Runner up
    Liberty BOWL participant...

Finished unranked...