Season 12 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by theSANDMAN215, Apr 4, 2011.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

23 Wisconsin: 17
    5 South Carolina: 42

Total team effort.

AJ Ford: 13/17/187, 4 TDs

AJ Ford: 7 att, 54 yards

Chris Washington: 15 att 67 yards

2. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Memphis 25
    #9 Miami 48

After being down by 1 point at halftime, the new look Miami Hurricanes got things rolling in the second half. With the early departure of school record holding QB Jake Lewis, freshman Bobby Franz got the start for the Hurricanes. Since Franz is known more for his legs than his arm, the Miami faithful had been wondering all offseason what the new offense might look like. Well, when they seen Franz line up 3 yards behind center on the first play of the game they went nuts as the Canes have gone full bore pistol for the 2022 season. Franz and backfield mates Rogers and Davis put on a show on the ground racking up over 200 yards rushing and 6 TDs against the lowly rated Memphis team.

One thing worth noting though is my defense is terrible! They couldn't stop Memphis at home and they're a C-/D school. Oh boy!

Gameball - QB Bobby Franz 137.4, 16/23, 186 yds, 8 att 90 yds 2 TDs

Notables:
    Memphis
    QB Butler 189.6, 27/37, 396 yds, 3 TDs
    HB Meeks 8 att 28 yds
    WR Smith 5 rec 104 yds TD

Miami
    HB Davis 11 att 58 yds 3 TDs
    HB Rogers 5 att 105 yds TD
    WR Hill 7 rec 121 yds

3. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    #18 Tennessee - 47
    SMU - 13

Despite using three quarterbacks trying to find a good fit, the Tennessee offense moved the ball at will against an over matched SMU squad. The quarterback platoon for the Vols managed to throw for 319 yards while the running game generated 208 more. Of course, the star of the game was the defense, which recorded five sacks and forced five turnovers. Though many of the faces are new on defense for Tennessee, they played with an intensity that was missing much of last year. They gave up 376 yards passing, but -36 yards rushing, but most importantly they only gave up two touchdowns.

Next week the Vols play Texas for the 3rd time in two years.

4. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

North Carolina 30
    Central Michigan 27

We gave up a ton of yardage defensively, which was to be expected with our C rated defense. But, surprisingly we were able to hold Central Michigan to only 2 TDs, and forced them to kick 4 FGs. We were well rounded on offense, with nobody putting in a spectacular performance. Our offensive line play definitely put pressure on Cabral to get rid of the ball quickly, but they did open up some nice holes for Pittman who would finish with 96 yards and 1 TD on 22 carries. It became fairly obvious that James Lawrence will be the main target for Cabral, he finished with 6 catches for 98 yards and 1 TD. Sophomore TE Trevor Malone is also poised to have a breakout year after sitting behind All-ACC TE John Webb for a year. He finished with 68 Yards and 1 TD on 3 catches. We ended up needing a clutch drive from Cabral, after CMU scored with 54 seconds left to tie the game at 27. With 3 timeouts left Cabral would lead us down to the 27 before handing off to Pittman a couple of times to center the ball and get us to the 6. Jake Stewart came on and hit the 23 yard field goal as time expired to give us the victory.

5. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Week 1 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 0 0 0 0 0 0

[​IMG] 14 21 7 3 0 45

First Quarter

07:29 TD Georgia Jabari White HB #39 68 yard rush
    00:12 TD Georgia DeMarcus Thompson WR #83 8 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4

Second Quarter

01:22 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 1 yard rush
    00:26 TD Georgia Steven Spence WR #80 41 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4
    00:13 TD Georgia Jabari White HB #39 2 yard rush

Third Quarter

00:04 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 4 yard rush

Fourth Quarter

03:46 FG Georgia Richard Wilkinson K #2 18 yard field goal

Passing ATT Comp Yards TD Int

J.J. Hill 20 15 231 2 0

Rushing ATT Yards TD Long

Jabari White 20 205 2 68
    Adam Joseph 15 55 2 14

Jabari White just dominated this game from his first carry.... The Bulldogs defense looked extremely fast swarming to the ball.... hopefully this trend continues....

6. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Ole Miss - 41
    Penn State - 14

This was a 10-7 game at half time and Ryan Carter got benched in favor of Jason Sanders. Sanders played really well and is now the starter for the Ole Miss team. Aaron Brown had a really nice game rushing for 160 yards, and Marcus Singleton stepped up huge going for 180 yards on 7 catches. Defense played well with TJ Ray having 7 Tackles, including 2 sacks. He had a couple of nice Kick off returns, and some nice punt returns. He caught one pass, and overall is just a great talent.

7. theSANDMAN215

South Carolina defeated Kansas State.

The game started off with South Carolina up 21-0 without even having the offense take the field. I had three pick sixes. Unreal. I think I'm going to blow them out of the water. Well, I only scored about 10 points until the fourth quarter. Chris Washington (rs-SO) could not get going in the running game. He had 100 yards rushing, but they were tough.

The game had 12 turnovers total. 6 by each team. I made a few dumb, forced passes that were picked off. Kansas State is a good team.

8. JrRawlins

Week 2 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 7 14 14 7 0 42

[​IMG] 0 14 3 0 0 17

First Quarter

04:23 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 2 yard rush

Second Quarter

05:38 TD Iowa Larry Mackey WR #13 29 yard pass from Isaiah Greco QB #17
    02:46 TD Iowa Corey Johnson TE #81 7 yard pass from Isaiah Greco QB #17
    00:56 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 1 yard rush
    00:05 TD Georgia Matt Payne WR #10 12 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4

Third Quarter

06:05 FG Iowa Chris Lacey K #14 30 yard field goal
    05:23 TD Georgia Bo Washington WR #82 39 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4
    02:20 TD Georgia Mike Newman WR #13 9 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4

Forth Quarter

06:34 TD Georgia Mike Newman WR #13 6 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4

J.J. Hill 34 19 336 4 2

Jabari White 20 108 0 17

Hill and White were both very solid in this game, Hill lead a couple of big time quick scoring drives in the second quarter to get control of the game... and Jabari White wasnt spectular but was solid and got yards when their didnt appear to be any to get.. the defense was awesome in the second half, led by Jacob Heffner's 3 second half interceptions.....

9. OMlawdog

Ole Miss - 16
    Back to Back National Champs - 14

In a defensive struggle, Ole Miss got the first downs when they needed them and won the game. Ole Miss had a chance up 13-0 to put the game away right before the end of the half, but a fumble by a WR on a big play cost Ole Miss a chance to go up by 16, and then a bone headed throw up 13-7 gave BC new life. My Defense played fantastic and should of had a shutout, but I freaked out on one long pass play and lost my starting FS TJ Ray for the game early in the 2nd quarter.

It was a good game in the 4th quarter with BC scoring on a 4th and 8 from my 30 yard line. My passing game was terrible and Im trying to break in new receivers and a new QB, and a game against BBJ was just too tough to try and break them in with.

10. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

11. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

North Carolina 55
    Utah 52

Neither defense decided to show up today in an offensive shootout. The turning point was the Tar Heels forcing 3 straight turnovers in the 3rd quarter. Even though we only were only able to score off of one of them it was a huge confidence boost for our defense and brought the game back within a score. The play of the game though had to be when true frehsman Matt Covington caught a corner route that setup the gamewinning field goal as time expired. We knew that Covington had enough height and leaping ability to go up and get the ball if we threw it up to him, and he delivered. This setup a 30 yard field goal as time expired, Stewart's 2nd gamewinner this season. Cabral hit 8 different receivers for 400+ yards and 5 TDs, but had his first game this season with an interception with 3 of them today. Losing starting HB Pittman last week really hurt us offensively. Minus a run of 21 and another run of 15+ yards Silva was held to around 50 yards on 21 carries. Utah had a big game from QB Lawrence Sullivan who threw for 308 yards and 2 TDs and also ran for 83 yards and 2 more TDs. HB Marcus Curtis had 143 yards and 1 TD on 7 carries. Needless to say it was a long day for our defense, giving up big play after big play but luckily our offense was up to the task and led us to the victory.

12. GoGators

#16 Miami 38
    Terps 30

Miami pulls out a nailbiter in Maryland as FR FS Chris Bass comes up with a big time INT as Maryland was driving to knot the game up late in the 4th quarter.

My defense is TERRIBLE this year for whatever reason. I have no idea how they got so bad. Wow. It's going to be really scary playing BC in a couple weeks.

Gameball - HB Kevin Davis 13 att 118 yds 2 TDs

13. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Bwahahaha....."but when he leaves...I be talking again".

• Like Like x 1
  14. theSANDMAN215

I was getting my tail handed to me by JR 38-14 when I got the dreaded disc-read error. It may have something to do with me installing it to my hard drive because when I deleted it I never got an error.

I told JR to finish against the CPU. His offense had me on my heels all game. I couldn't get a running game going which killed my offense.

Good game JR

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    #15 Tennessee - 42
    Texas - 33

Pesky Texas just wouldn't tie...until I hurt their running back for 11 weeks. Their All American QB went nuts on me, throwing for a mile and 4 touchdowns on 23/28 passing. Luckily they took the ball to start and threw an interception. Derrick Williams had 96 yards on 22 touches, but was hurt late in the game.

#13 Tennessee - 48
    Florida - 29

Patrick Jefferson lead a balanced Tennessee attack, going 16/20 for 276 yards and 4 TD's. Since Derrick Williams is hurt, DeMarcus Patton ran for 100 yards on 26 carries. Florida QB Eric Garcia was equally effective, throwing for 346 yards and 3 TD's. Tennessee was simply more effective more often, taking advantage of stops early in the game and turnovers.

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Oh shit, I have Jr next week.

17. theSANDMAN215

It's hard to judge a game against me. I don't think I'm that good of a player because I'm just flat terrible on defense. JR, in my opinion, is the best player in this league, and probably the best player I've ever played in NCAA Football. That's no disrespect to Lawdog or BBJ, I just feel JR is the best I've ever played. We usually have some good games, but tonight he had my number. His tight end seemed to find the opening every time.

I did manage to get some pressure on his QB which helped slow down his offense.

18. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Some of it is style, I have some success against Jr and BBJ, who are really good, but I don't think I am that good.

19. JrRawlins

[​IMG]

20. JrRawlins

Week 3 Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 OT Final

[​IMG] 21 17 7 3 0 48

[​IMG] 14 0 7 0 0 21

First Quarter

05:04 TD Georgia Bo Washington WR #82 7 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4
    03:54 TD Georgia Jake Grant TE #89 37 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4
    03:43 TD South Carolina Chris Washington HB #22 93 yard kick return TD
    02:29 TD Georgia Adam Joseph HB #46 1 yard rush
    01:49 TD South Carolina Jeffrey Patton WR #88 71 yard pass from Adam Ford QB #10

Second Quarter

04:10 FG Georgia Richard Wilkinson K #2 25 yard field goal
    00:48 TD Georgia Mike Newman WR #13 47 yard pass from J.J. Hill QB #4
    00:18 TD Georgia Ryan Nixon CB #25 50 yard interception

Third Quarter

05:50 TD Georgia Jabari White HB #39 54 yard rush
    02:22 TD South Carolina Edmond Banks WR #83 30 yard pass from Adam Ford QB #10

Fourth Quarter

01:45 FG Georgia Richard Wilkinson K #2 24 yard field goal

J.J. Hill 21 11 276 3 0

Jabari White 21 193 1 54

First gg Sanders.... my defense was really creating some turnovers early and swarming to the ball...
    Alot of White's yards came in the second half.... he had some success against Sanders early but not much... Hill played well the first two or three drives really getting rid of the ball quickly to our tight ends Grant and Garrett...then it seemed like everyone else got involved......

21. theSANDMAN215

Yep - you always do a good job of using your tight ends properly. You do wait until the last second to throw the ball. I don't know how you do it because it was driving me nuts. Every play I thought I had a sack, and bam, you get rid of the ball.

Good game & good luck the rest of the season.

22. OMlawdog

I beat Oklahoma 58-7, and then when exiting the game it says disc read error. Im on my second disc. So of course I lose the sim, and that just blows. Not sure what Im going to do. Im not buying another disc. Not sure what to do, but Im pretty damn frustrated.

23. theSANDMAN215

I feel your pain. Is your disc downloaded to the 360? I noticed when I deleted mine and didn't download it to the 360, for some reason I didn't receive any disc-read errors.

24. GoGators

Whoever scheduled this game is just mean!

#16 Miami 44
    #10 Missouri 27

It was a really close game. I was up a TD with Missouri having multiple chances in the 4th quarter to tie things up. I finally got some offense going in the 4th quarter getting a FG on the board to make it a two score game. Missouri would look to battle back but there wasn't enough time left. On the last play of the game their QB got sacked and fumbled and a Miami DL scooped and scored to make winning margin bigger than it should of been.

Gameball - HB Kevin Davis 14 att 114 yds TD

25. JrRawlins

It sucks to play your old team...