Season 13 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Boom29, May 22, 2013.

1. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Up in here, up in here...

2. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

42[​IMG]vs[​IMG]0

Canes Nearly Perfect
    shutout Crimson tide 42-0

After struggling to an 8-5 record the previous season, the Hurricanes began the 2025 season on a high note, shutting out the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Behind the play of QB Anthony Summers, the Miami offense converted 8/8 third downs as it scored on all its offensive possessions in the first three quarters. The defense for its part, contained the Alabama offense to less than 100 yards total.

Notable Stats
    QB Anthony Summers - 12/14, 186 yards, 5 TD; 5 car, 79 yards, TD, long 44
    HB Jason Calhoun - 16 car, 74 yards, long 11
    WR Brian Thomas - 6 rec, 128 yards, 2 TD, long 42
    OLB Willie Pruitt - 4 tack, sack

3. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Mizzou wins opener easily but loses QB.....

I had selected my #3 QB to start, he was 90 OVR with a bigger arm than the #1 and more athletic than the #2..... now he is out 3 weeks and Arkansas comes to town... maybe the #1 guy can win back his job.

4. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

0[​IMG]vs[​IMG]56

Canes Impress Again
    demolish Owls 56-0

The Miami offense continued its strong showing, this time blanking the in-state Florida Atlantic Owls 56-0.

After taking a 7-0 lead midway through the first quarter, the Canes used 21 points in the second stanza to the game away. The catalyst for the offensive explosion was HB Jason Calhoun who scored a total of four TDs on the day. With the running game working nearly to perfection, QB Anthony Summers was rendered an spectator as he only threw 11 passes on the day. De Hurricanes defense joined the party in the second half as CBs Bryan Washington and Leroy Rodgers each returned INTs for touchdown.

Notable Stats
    QB Anthony Summers - 9/11, 148 yards, TD; 6 car, 38 yards, long 18
    HB Jason Calhoun - 15 car, 154 yards, 4 TD, long 55
    WR Chris Cook - 3 rec, 55 yards, TD, long 34
    MLB Chris Russell - 4 tack, sack, FF
    CB Bryan Washington - 2 tack, INT, TD

5. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

41[​IMG]vs[​IMG]13

Canes Too Strong for Bulldogs
    defeat Georgia 41-13

The Miami Hurricanes allowed their first points of the season, trailing 10-0 to the Georgia Bulldogs in Athens as the Bulldogs used an up-tempo hurry up to confuse the Miami defense. The Miami offense would get into the action in the second quarter with a couple of TD runs by HB Jason Calhoun to take a 14-13 lead. After a Georgia punt, Miami again found the end zone , this time on a 15 yard TD pass to WR Brian Thomas. A Georgia turnover later, the Canes closed the half with a FG, taking a 24-13 lead into the break. The second half saw Miami dominate the action. After the defense caused a Georgia turnover, QB Anthony Summers scored on a 41 yard TD run. The Canes would tack on 10 more points to close the scoring.

Notable Stats
    QB Anthony Summers - 16/21, 290 yards, 2 TD, INT
    HB Jason Calhoun - 18 car, 70 yards, 2 TD, long 20
    WR Chris Cook - 6 rec, 99 yards, TD, long 25
    WR Brian Thomas - 5 rec, 94 yards, TD, long 46

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Notre Dame - 21
    Auburn - 34

If I could of hung 70 on Cheez I would have as payback for all the Stanford/UCLA beat downs I took last cycle. But I was sober so I wasn't at my best. However it was good enough to bear the Irish on this day.

From memory it was tied at half but the talent of the Tigers was too much for ND to overcome. I'm on my iPhone fishing so I don't have squat for stats but it was competitive. Wouldn't surprise me if Josh knocked off one or two of you along the way. GG Josh. I'm still looking out for you on the job market. Great to have you back!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Of course you would say that after I txt'd you that I beat MexiRican35 :)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I have no idea what you are talking about sir

9. Cheez

Notre Dame Survives in Death Valley

[​IMG] Notre Dame - 13
    [​IMG] LSU - 10

Despite being sim-recruited for 13 years, Notre Dame had enough talent to overcome the Tigers in Death Valley. Neither team could generate much offense, but a perfect passing day for Notre Dame's QB was a large part of the difference. Brant completed all 9 of his passes for 170 of Notre Dame's 210 yards. The only Tigers TD occurred on the kick return to start the second half. Despite this, LSU had two opportunities to take the lead in the last three minutes. Both of their final possessions ended with Notre Dame interceptions, the second of which allowed the Irish to clock the game away.

MexiRican35 good game bud. It was great catching up with you. Good luck dealing with the shame you have brought upon the league by allowing me to win one in my return :)

Last edited: May 28, 2013
  10. Cheez

you had to make me write a review, didnt you :p

11. Cheez

God Trumps Magic

[​IMG] Notre Dame - 21
    [​IMG] Texas A&M - 19

Make it two wins in a row for the Irish over top 5 opponents. More impressively, both wins came on the road in very hostile (and ominous sounding) environments. Last week, it was in Death Valley against the Tigers of LSU. This week, Texas A&M fell victim at the home of the (invisible) 12th man (wizardry!).

Having played Jayrah a number of times, I knew that he would have his full bag of tricks at his disposal this week. However, what he did not realize is that I had a trump card to magic: Religion.

For the most part, Jayrah's tricks were successful. A quick look at the stats will tell you that. Texas A&M outgained Notre Dame 397-134. However, when the Aggies got inside the 5 and needed their magic most, the clouds parted and the sun shined bright on the Notre Dame defense. Three times this occurred, but the Aggies were only able to accumulate a total of 3 points on those possessions. The first, at the end of the second half, saw the Aggies try and run it in on four straight plays. Each time, they were held short of the endzone. The second, again the Aggies were stuffed, but took the points. The final one, with approximately 4 minutes remaining and with the Irish up by 1, saw the Aggie QB fumble at the 2 yard line and an Irish corner scoop it and run 98 yards to the endzone.

Texas A&M still had a chance, and they would score very quickly on their next possession. But when it came time for the 2 point conversion, again the divine Irish defense held and kept the Aggies out of the endzone.

Jayrah good game man. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Wyrmreaver

Liked it just for the heading.... hilarious

13. Cheez

I was pretty proud of it.

14. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Cheez winning games with a lower tier squad.....you guys need to stop sucking up to him in an attempt to get him to play NCAA 14 with you, it's just sad. :p

15. Wyrmreaver

You should join back up with UGA, maybe we'll let you win too.....

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cheez

I expect Jayrah to come on here and accuse me of magic use. There will be no sucking up from him.

17. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Simply put.... I got muscled out inside the 5. I still don't know what Cheez payed the ref to put the ball outside the 4 when I was clearly inside the 2 on a the big play that led to me having to pass instead of trying to run it in. Then getting sacked twice and then having to scramble from the 11 to the 2 before fumbling on a routine bump. My QB decided to run into the endzone without the football anyway and stayed away from the pile (the football was on the ground forever). I also think he paid the ref in the first half, as I got "stuffed" at the goal line twice, but it sure looked to me like I crossed. I guess the ref was Catholic....

GG Cheez you are always a formidable foe for me. Luckily you have no impact on my SEC season.

18. Cheez

I didn't pay any refs. it was divine intervention :)

19. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Uh-huh...

Oh by the way Allcougdup.com

20. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

Cheez knows all about trying to run it 4 straight times inside the 5 :ROFLMAO:

21. Cheez

King Cheez also knows about beating LSU in Death Valley with a team that has been recruited by the CPU for 13 years. :)

22. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

A fumble off a first down throw by WR Thomas in Miami territory would give the Hurricanes to score first. QB Summers threw a 12 yard TD to TE Houston in the 2nd quarter. Another Summers-Houston connection would happen again, this time a nice pass off play action from 38 yards out. LSU gets on the board with a 10 play drive that ends with a HB Beck TD. Wanting to score before the half ended, Summers threw into triple coverage, and CB Gore came away with the pick. LSU gets a FG to end the half, making it 14-10.

Summers then throws his second pick of the day, this time CB Smith returns it all the way to the 5 yard line. HB Burch runs it in 3 plays later for a 17-14 lead. Miami's K McDougal then nails a 62 yard FG, knotting the score. LSU responds with their own FG, this time to go ahead in the 4th with 3 minutes left to play. Summers would then find a streaking WR Harris, and S Hill was caught out of position on the play. Harris was able to score from 62 yards, and the Hurricanes had a late lead, 24-20. QB Rodgers would come up huge for the Tigers. He would complete his next 5 passes, with the 5th being the game winning TD to WR Hamilton from 25 yards out. GG Boom29

#10 LSU 27 - #13 Miami 24

23. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Good game Mexi. The first interception completely turned the game around. The thing that made it worse was that I hit the wrong button, I meant to go to the HB in the flat who was wide open. I also messed up at the end by not getting a couple yards so that I could kick a FG to force OT. I probably should have gone for the FG regardless.

24. Wyrmreaver

Mizzou 20
    Miami 17

The Canes did everything right but the Tigers somehow snuck out with a win. Early on it was all Mizzou as a pick 6 in the second quarter gave them a 17-0 lead. Miami would fight back though with a late TD before the half and then 10 more points in the 3rd to tie things up. A Mizzou FG to close the 3rd would make it 20-17. Late in the fourth, after a Tigers fumble gave the Hurricanes one last chance, Miami would reach first and goal from the 5. After a 4 yard run Miami would be turned back on 3 straight goal to go runs from the 1 yard line. One quick pass to get out of the shadow of their goal post and Mizzou was able to somehow get out of south beach with a win. Miami also missed a long FG attempt earlier in the game on a day where they outgained Missouri, had 5 more minutes of possession, and were better on 3rd down.

GG Boom29 I was lucky to get that W

25. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Good game. I should have thrown you a wrinkle there at the end.

Considering I was down 17, I'm happy with the performance I had. It was encouraging that I was able to come back while still staying true to my offense.