Season 13 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, May 2, 2011.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

not a bad class, but not a monster class either... some definite diamonds in the rough... i wish you all badd luck... especailly Florida State for snatching my 2 year starter at QB Hill, and Tennessee... just because its Shaun....

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

No insta commits for me, and 13 scholarships to give out. Hopefully this allows me to focus on some of the top guys more

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Got a disc read error at the beginning of a call on one of my top rated recruits so that's probably gonna hurt going into next week :/ Tried playing my game and got one on the loading screen as well. The inside ring of my disc is pretty beat up, I'm assuming from taking it in and out of the case, but I'm hoping it holds up for another month or 2.

On the bright side I've got some solid recruits interested, and got an insta commit from a 3 star juco QB that looks decent.

4. JrRawlins

sounds like a case for gamefly or blockbuster goose.... sign up... put ncaa at the top of your list.. as soon as they send it... you send your right back.... complain and end your membership.... brand new game....

your welcome

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

@Timepegoose also, what I did to remove the disc-read errors (knock on wood) was to delete NCAA from my hard drive. Yeah, my 360 is louder than an airplane, but I haven't had any disc-read errors.

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The Yellow Jackets signed 2 in week 1 via insta commit...

:4stars:DT John Marting (6'5" 274lbs. North Bethesda, MD) ESPNU150

With a few needs at DT, John Will step in next season and most likely be the backup at DT. He has the tools to be a good 3-4 DE, but is needed more as a
    DT. With C speed, and B BSH, power/finesse moves he will become a very good noseguard.

:3stars:CB Lawrence Kearney (5'10" 177 lbs. Cary, NC)

Coach Frisk is continually trying to rebuild the secondary, which is the weakest part of the Ga Tech defense. With only a few seasons left in the deuce it is possible Lawrence may never see the field but he will be a good backup.

7. JrRawlins

Georgia Bulldogs Recruiting Class

NAME POS CALIBER HT WT STATE Notes
    Lance Faulk WR :4stars: 6'4 197 Minnesota Faulk contribute next season considering how shallow we will be at receiver......
    Scott Jones T :3stars: 6'7 292 Georgia Jones is simply additional depth for the next few years......

8. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I plan on looking into gamefly when I get home for summer on Monday. They have a 10 day free trial period so I'll probably try to use that to get it.

9. JrRawlins

this year's wide receiver class... absolutely sucks donkey balls...

10. JrRawlins

While typically this is the week i pour over recruits to find those hidden gems people let slip through the cracks.. i have a sneaky suspicion that this will be the last full season we get done......

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Unfortunately, probably the one with most people involved.

I'll keep it going. My team is finally fun to play with.

12. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Had a :3stars: juco QB signed week 1, but my recruiting didn't stick so I'm back to square 1 in terms of recruiting. Got an insta-commit from a :2stars: juco T this week that looks solid for a :2stars: This will probably be my weakest class since the first year I took over, as most of the guys that I really wanted I lost a lot of ground on that first week.

13. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Another example of the dumb fucking luck...

ATH Kyle Gray from TN... I'm +500 points up on Shaun and have a 425 point week. Shaun brings him in for a visit and now I'm -100.

Retarded. It's like the CPU will almost help teams out in battles they aren't supposed to be in...

14. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

This frustrates me too. The new recruiting system implies a linear relationship in recruiting but clearly that couldn't be further from the truth. It seems like there's a bunch of hidden factors on recruits that come into play that we aren't privy to see the details about.

15. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I had a visit and a 2x for 950 points.

16. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I fixed that for you.

17. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    No argument from me.

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Maybe I should have kept recruiting him.... He should be a stud.