Season 16 Wrap-Up

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Season 16 is wrapping up and we're headed into another great finish. Here is a look at how each team has performed:

Alabama: #6 10-2 overall, 9-0 conference, 1-2 H2H

Bama is heading for another SEC title game against UF. If they can win, they'll represent the SEC in the Sugar Bowl. Beating Florida, however, has been a tall order for the Crimson Tide. Alabama should hold onto their 6th star.

Auburn: #18 9-3 overall, 7-2 conference, 1-2 H2H

Auburn got off to a great start with a win over UVA, but stumbled with losses against Cincy, Bama and LSU. Auburn is not close to earning back their 6th star, but should be in great shape to hold onto their 5th.

Cincy: #2 12-0 overall, 8-0 conference, 3-0 H2H

Cincy was having a dream season before coach Tuco was pulled away for family matters. Cincy will face Oklahoma for the B12 title and a trip to the title game. Cincy is a lock to maintain their 6th star.

Florida: #5 11-1 overall, 9-0 conference, 2-1 H2H

The Gators came up just short against Ohio State and are now on the outside looking in. They'll need help in the polls and a win over Alabama in the SEC CCG might be the ticket. UF - barring a monumental collapse - will hang onto their 6th star.

Florida State: UNR 4-8 overall, 4-5 conference, 0-3 H2H

FSU is coming to terms with their worst season in modern history. Despite the increased investment in technologoy, the Seminoles just couldn't get it done on the field. The young FSU QBs accounted for 27 turnovers in this ugly season. FSU is a lock to lose their 5th star.

Michigan: #11 10-2 overall, 8-1 conference, 1-2 H2H

Michigan surprised the nation with a big win over MSU. Their reward? Two consecutive games against Ohio State. If the Wolverines can beat OSU in Indianapolis, they could still reclaim their 6th star. That, however, seems to be a tall order for the Wolverines who have struggled against the Buckeyes. Look for Michigan to hang onto their 5th star.

Michigan State: #14 9-3 overall, 7-2 conference, 2-2 H2H

The Spartans stumbled early against Stanford, but rebounded with wins over Bama and OU. They seemed to be back in the title hunt, but stumbled again against Michigan and again at Northwestern. The losses have left a very talented MSU team on the outside of the BCS for the first time. MSU needs to win their bowl game to hold onto their 6th star.

Ohio State: #1 12-0 overall, 9-0 conference, 3-0 H2H

Ohio State is ready for another game against Michigan and then a likely trip back to the title game. Aside from a tight game against Florida, the Buckeyes have had little resistance in their push for national dominance. If OSU gets past Michigan, they are a lock for their 6th star.

Oklahoma: #4 10-2 overall, 8-0 conference, 2-2 H2H

OU had a rough year (by their own lofty standards) yet still remain in the title hunt. OU will face Cincy in the B12 title game with a great chance to jump up to #2 with a win. OU stumbled against MSU and Florida, but got wins over UVA and Bama along the way. OU seems to be a lock to maintain their 6th star.

Stanford: #3 11-1 overall, 8-0 conference, 2-1 H2H

Stanford finished strong to beat MSU in their opener and ran past FSU before losing to Ohio State. They won their division again and look to challenge for another Pac-12 title against the mighty Buffs. If they can win, they might have enough juice to get into the title game, but are likely heading back to the Rose Bowl. Stanford seems to be a lock to maintain their 6th star.

Virginia: #7 9-3 overall, 9-0 conference, 0-3 H2H

Despite coming up empty in H2H play (OU, Aub, Cincy), UVA is in great position to steal their 6th star. UVA will face BC in the ACC CCG and then go on to play in a BCS bowl. Two wins will lock up that 6th star for the budding UVA program.

Wyoming: #15 10-2 overall, 7-2 conference, 2-1 H2H

Wyoming started strong with wins over FSU and Michigan, but came up just short against Cincy. Wyoming stumbled again against KSU, which knocked them out of contention for their 6th star. Look for Wyoming to maintain their 5th star.

• Like Like x 8
  2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Great recap, Mark. Interesting to note how the CPU has affected this year's BCS. In addition, Tuco's absence is unfortunate. I'm not sure how I feel about Cincy potentially playing in the NC game with a sub-in coach.

I'm disappointed in my H2H record this year, but I do find solace in the fact that two of those losses came at the hands of two teams vying for an NC bid entering our CCG week.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Your young team keeps improving. Your games were close and your position in the polls is a result of long-term success. You might sneak into the elite club without winning a H2H game, but I'm sure everyone here will be very supportive of your success.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

MSU is going to have to work for it. And talk about sneaking in the back door - UVA gets CPU-controlled Oregon State for their 6th star.

• Like Like x 1
  6. egofailure

Are you serious? This group loves to root against each other. Haha, well, at least when it comes to getting that 6th star or winning too many National Championships. ;-)

I'm definitely happy with how the building process at UVA has gone thus far, though. Each year my team is better than the previous year's ... which is all you can really ask for. I'm really excited for next year, for naturally, I'll be fielding my best team yet.

I'm not counting my eggs quite yet (remember Ashley's screw-job last year?), but things are lookin' pretty good. I guess it's better to be lucky sometimes. ;-)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  7. egofailure

While I didn't sleep long last night, it was really good sleep. ;-)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Nope. Definitely not serious.