Season 2 (2010) Recruiting Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by theSANDMAN215, Mar 6, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Season 2 (2010) Recruiting Discussion

talk it up here.

I am able to sign about 25 or so players, can't remember the exact number. Wayyyy too many seniors.

2. bnckeye27

bnckeye27 Guest

I haven't checked the final results, but I didn't even have a soft commit at the end of the season, so I'm hoping for a good class this year!

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Southern Miss got bumped up to 4-star prestige, so it looks like I should be able to get a much better crop this year. Even had a 4-star with me as his first choice - crazy!

4. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Memphi graduates 23 players and with the 3 scholly cushion we get, I'll be able to give out all 25 ships again this year. I have a one 4 and one 3 star that list me as their number one choice which is nice. I believe I finished 39th in the recruting rakings last year so my goal is to get higher than that this time around.

S. Miss I think I was in your 4 star players top 10, but I'm not even going to waste the hours trying to land him with you as his No.1 choice. Chose my battles type thinking I guess.

5. Gonna be a tough season for UTEP. Taking them over so late hurt me. I lost a few that I had recruited to Tulsa.

6. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Rice will look to hand out a bunch of scholarships this year, but it might not be as easy as last year. Prospect interest is slim, so I might be just plucking and filling holes.

We will see how things go the first couple of weeks.

7. You did have a great recruiting class. Nicely done.

8. Being a 1-Star presitege school, I've got a lot of work to do; but I love a good challenege. If all else fails, everyone roots for an underdog, right?(y)

9. theSANDMAN215

i can give out about 100 scholarships.

10. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Memphis picked up an early commit from a QB who was really just a back-up plan in case my two main QB targets decide to go somewhere else. 114 ranked QB (1435 overall). No doubt he's a project, but I like his A- throw power.

11. theSANDMAN215

nice. got my first commitment of the season.

3 star DB. He's not bad. I'm all about secondary help though!

12. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    After a hot start on last season's recruiting, Rice seems to be loosing steam.

Coach drifter is making a large push on a few guys recently, hoping to secure some talent for this class.

13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I locked down a wr a couple weeks ago. 3 star decent size A- speed. I forgot to offer him a scholarship the first week, but come week two he had no offers so I just kept calling. Finally a couple weeks after we moved to number I offered and got the commit. So far that was the best mistake I've mad this year since now I have more time for other 3 star backups.

14. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

No new commits, but I just hosted a slew of guys for my ECU game. I am at the top of a lot of decent players' list so if I can just close the deal with some of them Memphis will be good to go.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, my big recruiting week was week 6 and 8. I'm looking for the week 6 guys to make a decision soon and hope to get some phone calls after this week.

16. MazzMan56

MazzMan56 Walk On

Bowling Green Recruiting Board

[​IMG]

All 25 Scholarships Available

Commits
    3[​IMG]FS Nelson Archer 6'2" 190lbs ​

17. theSANDMAN215

nice. Got one of my top recruits, 5-star OLB Paul Cook.

welcome aboard.

18. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rice lands it's first two commits of the season in :3stars: DE Chase Webb PS#34 (6'6'' 206, B- spd) and :3stars: TE Carlton Larsen PS#10 (6'5'' 255, B+ spd).

Pretty excited about the TE and he might be the third best TE on my board!

19. tmac2345

tmac2345 Guest

Memphis picked up a soft commit from a 4* QB. If I can get a hard commit out of him he will be my biggest get so far in this dynasty. Also it appears as if Southern Miss has won the battle for one of the players we were both going for.

20. theSANDMAN215

nice. just got a hard commitment out of a 5-star DB. More than likely he will be starting next season.

21. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rice landed a :3stars: QB who is 6'4'' with B- spd and B+ THP. He will likely ride the pine for two years, but looks to be a viable prospect.

22. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I am totally re-tooling Western Michigan's recruiting board. Only 9 or the original 35 guys remain on it right now -- time to stock the shelves! Here is the amount of schollys we are lookin at:

14 Seniors
    70-62 tot players = 8 more
    No underclassmen qualify

22 Available Scholarships, looking to sign 15 or 16.

23. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just stay out of Ohio.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Well, the recruiting board is how I want it now. I added something like 15 players to it. Because it is so late in the game, I only added guys that were interested and it looked like no one was pursuing. The positions with cpu-mandated needs have multiple players needed at them, so I am not really looking to battle anyone for them this season. Now next season... :p

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Rice picks up two big commitments this week in :3stars: OLB Ismael King PS#51 (6'5'' 219 A- spd) and :3stars: ATH Fred Graham PS#24 (6'6'' 318 A- str). King looks to be a formidable pass rusher off of the outside while Graham will either play OT or DT.