Season 2 ACC Team Previews

Discussion in 'Pushing for Paydirt' started by Bucs, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

2013 Miami Hurricanes

[​IMG]

The 2013 Miami Hurricanes are coming off an 11-2 season and looking to take that next step forward into the ACC Championship game. The offense returns 10 starters and will be key to the teams success. This team has confidence know that it is virtually 4 or 5 plays away from the ACC championship. The team will rely on a balanced attack and solid defense as usual.

Offensive Scheme : Custom Playbook , Stanford Base, Pro Style
    Defensive Scheme: Custom Playbook , 3-4 Base

Offensive Question Mark: None really, with 10 returning starters and a stable of backs I feel really confident aobut this side of the ball.

Defensive Question Mark: Who will step up at the safety spot!

Circled Game: UNC, we are going to knock off the champs and get revenge for last season.

Recruiting Needs: Our main goal will probably be another QB and some depth for the defensive backfield.

Offense: Returning Starters -10

Qb- Ryan Williams will be the man here again, he grabbed the position firmly away from Stephen Morris last year and its his for the foreseeable future.

HB- Going to be a RB by committee here, we have SR Eduardo Clements, who is the most solid all around, Sophmore Dallas Crawford who is a converted DB but needs to show a little more. Then we have RS Freshman Randy "Duke" Johnson, he is a burner and is expected to be the featured back. Then we have True Freshman Ken Woodward who is a great short down bruising back that the coaching staff is excited about.

FB - 6'4 278 pound Jr Sean Harvey returns as the FB.

WR- 1st team All American Allen Hurns returns for his SR year, with JR Rashawn Scott behind him and JR Phillip Dorsett in the slot. Pretty much the same group from last season will lead the way.

TE- Two more returning starters in Asante Cleveland and Clive "Drop the ball" Walford will be in the tight end position.

Offensive Line - 5 Returning starters makes this a pretty solid line. Seantrel and Malcolm Bunche are on the Tackle spots, Linder and Johnson return inside, and Sean McDermott is at center.

Defense: Returning Starters - 6

Defensive End - Anthony Chikillo looks to rebound after a poor sophmore campaign and Shayon Green steps in at the Left end spot. Kelvin Cain can step in behind either guy and the bar doesnt drop which is nice.

Defensive Tackle - 300 pound Curtis Porter is now the man inside, smaller than last year's 400 pound Nose Tackle but he still is very strong and will hold things down.

OLB - Jimmy Gaines returns on the weakside, he had 5.5 sacks last season. Gionni Paul will play on the strong side, he brings back 3.5 sacks. We will look for a bit more production from them this season.

MLB- Denzel Perryman returns inside to run shit , and Sophmore Raphael Kirby also returns next to him, these two form a very formidable inside presence.

Cornerback - Ladarius Gunter and Thomas Finnie move up a spot on the depth chart while Tracy Howard will make his debut in the nickel position. All 3 guys are pretty interchangeable and the staff is confident they can get the job done.

Free Safety - Former QB and 2nd Generation Cane AJ Highsmith now has the Free Safety spot locked up, expect to see Tracy Howard spell him from time to time.

Strong Safety - Kacy Rodgers has the spot for now but RS FS Deon Bush is going to push him and grab his spot if he cant get the job done.

Kicker/Punter - Dalton Botts will handle both duties.

KR/PR - Randy Duke Johnson and Tracy Howard will return kicks, they are both explosive athletes and hopefully they can make some fireworks back there.

Season Outlook : Were looking to take that next step, so a one loss season is our goal.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

2013 Florida State Seminoles
    [​IMG]
    Offensive Scheme : Custom Playbook , Florida State Base, Multiple
    Defensive Scheme: 4-3 Base​
    [​IMG]

Offensive Question Mark: Jameis Winston, the much-hyped recruit from 2012, will be given the keys to the offense this season. With a veteran O-line, solid skill players, Winston will have every tool needed to succeed. Can he live up to the hype and lead this team to a BCS game?

Defensive Question Mark: How will the defensive line look after losing 3 starters?

Circled Game: North Carolina. If the game against the champs is not circled, why are we even playing?

Recruiting Needs: Shore up our offensive line depth and find a skilled HB to replace Devonta Freeman when he leaves.

Offense: Returning Starters - 8

Qb- Jameis Winston will be the starter. However his leash will be very short and Clint Trickett will be given the job should Winston prove to not be ready

HB- Devonta Freeman ran for over 500 yards last year as a back up and will be expected to match the 1400 yards put up by last year's team MVP, Chris Thompson. Much heralded recruit, James Wilder will also see touches.

FB - Freshman Jamie Penn will get the start and he needs to step up. Lonnie Pryor was an outstanding FB and he has left large shoes to fill for this freshman.​

WR- Spedsters Rashad Greene and Cody Green will get the starts and they are expected to provide big plays for the Noles this year. Freshman Lance Young may see time at the inside WR slot opposite Senior Kenny Shaw​

TE- Stud Nick O'Leary will once again line up for the Noles and provide a security blanket for the freshman QB​

Offensive Line - 5 Returning starters will make this one of the best O-Lines in the Country.​

[​IMG]

Defense: Returning Starters - 5

Defensive End - Bjorn Werner is back and looking to add to his 18.5 sacks from last season, as well, Mario Edwards will prove to be a force from the left side.

Defensive Tackle - 320 pound RS freshman 'Fast' Eddie Goldman will get the start along side Tim Jernigan to provide the Noles with a formidable defensive front. Can they be as effective as last year's group?

OLB - This is where things get tricky. All-World Nick Moody is gone as are the rest of last years backers. Christian Jones and Terrence Smith step in and hopefully can make the transition seamlessly.

MLB- Telvin Smith gets the nod here, but stud freshman, Matt Smith is nipping at his heels.

Cornerback - Xavier Rhodes is back and looks to have a huge year for the Seminole defense. Freshman All American Keelin Smith adds some big play ability and true freshman gem, James Jones occupies the Nickelback spot.

Safeteys - Both LaMarcus Joyner and Terrence Brooks are back and look to make this the best secondary in the ACC

Kicker/Punter - True freshman Quinn Carroll will kick for the Seminoles and RS Cason Beatty will punt.

KR/PR - RS Freshman Ronald Darby will handle kicks and punts. He is VERY explosive and hopes to add to the success of the return game from last year.

Season Outlook : Nothing short of a BCS game is our goal. Also, beating Miami and Florida will make things nicer. With a true freshman at QB, though, 9-4 or 10-3 is realistic. We are looking towards the 2014 season as The Year.​

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

2013 UNC Tar Heels
    [​IMG]
    The Heels are comming off a stellar 12-2 season in which they went undefeated in conference play. Coach Peench and his staff will look to build on that momentum, as they return starters in several key positions on both sides of the ball.
    Offensive scheme: Spread, Oregon base
    Defensive scheme: 4-2-5
    Offensive question mark: Pass catchers. Highsmith and Boyd are gone, so it'll be up to Thorpe and a slew of incoming freshmen to step up. Lost my TE to graduation and my backup to transfer, so that position is a mess as well.
    Defensive question mark: Who will replace All ACC DT Sylvester Williams
    Circled game: I know Miami is coming for me, so that'll be huge Bucs
    Offense-returning starters 5
    QB-Bryn Renner returns after a phenomenal junior season, one that garnered him 1st team All ACC honors. Marquise Williams returns progressed, but it looks like incoming sophomore JUCO recruit Brandon Berg will win the back up role. Berg is lightning quick, and his explosiveness will be a huge threat.​
    HB-Giovanni Bernard returns after an injury riddled season as arguably the best RB in the country. If Gio can stay healthy, the Heels will have a dominant HB at their disposal. Romar Morris, the freshman All American who stepped in for Gio, has progressed nicely. AJ Blue is solid as well.​
    FB-Jack Tabb returns as a solid starter.​
    WR-A huge area of concern for UNC, as we've lost our top two WRs to graduation in Boyd and Highsmith. Thorpe emerged as a real playmaker, but can others step up as well? ​
    TE-After Nate Hurst graduated, Eric Ebron was expected to take the reigns. Ebron had other plans, however, and left for the Gamecocks disgruntled about playing time. This leaves the Heels in a real bind, and we will have to rely on a true freshman to get it done.​
    OL: I lost 3 starters, but the line looks decent. I had fairly good talent waiting in the wings, but overall this unit won't be as strong. LT James Hurst will be the rock here.​
    Defense-returning starters 9
    DL: Kareem Marin and Tim Jackson are a great duo that return at DE. While we lose Sylvester Williams (1st Team All ACC), we do have Shawn Underwood return at DT. Overall a stronger group than last year.​
    LB: While the Heels lose their defensive leader and 1st Team All American Kevin Reddic, the unit is still solid. Darius Lipford and Travis Hughes return, both of whom split starting time last year. With only 2 LB spots in the base formation, these guys are more than capable of holding it down.​
    CB: Tim Scott, Terry Shankle, and Jabari Price all return at CB for the Heels. This unit is substantially better than last year.​
    FS: All-American Tre Boston returns, and the Heels have an OUTSTANDING incoming freshman in Ryan Powell.​
    SS: All-American DJ Dunn will hold it down once more for the Heels, as will Jeff Schoemetter.​
    Expectations: The Heels have a very difficult schedule, but look to defend their division crown if anything. The opening game against Georgia will be a huge barometer for where this team is right now. Double digit wins is the goal.​
    Recruiting needs: Big needs on the offensive line and CB. ​

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

cmon, ACC bros! i wanna know what your teams are gonna look like!

5. I Peench

6. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Virginia Tech Hokies​
    [​IMG]
    Playbook​
    Custom variaton on Arkansas Playbook​
    Defense​
    3-4​
    Quarterback
    Logan Thomas is returning as the top dog on Campus. He is expected to big things this year. The whole team hinges on his performance. ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 16.54.jpg
    Halfback
    This will be a 2 back effort. Sr HB Gregory and RSoph Holmes will be splitting time. Hopefully one will step up and become THE GUY.​
    ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 16.55.jpg
    Wide receiver
    With every single starter from last year graduated. Freshman Drew Whitaker is expected to do big things this year. Watch out folks...im feeling this guy.​
    ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 16.56.jpg
    DEFENSE​
    Defensive End​
    The absolute strongest part of our team. The corner stone of the Defense.​
    ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 17.01.jpg
    DT
    While DE is the strongest Group...DT is the strongest individual. Bask in his glory!!​
    ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 17.02.jpg
    Linebacker
    Not an all star squad, but very solid and will stand up to the challenge this season.​
    ScreenHunter_37 Aug. 01 17.07.jpg ScreenHunter_36 Aug. 01 17.07.jpg
    CB
    WATCH OUT!!​
    ScreenHunter_37 Aug. 01 17.09.jpg
    FS
    Dont Look now​
    ScreenHunter_37 Aug. 01 17.10.jpg
    SS
    Don't Let that 88 fool you son!​
    ScreenHunter_37 Aug. 01 17.11.jpg
    Circled Game: North Carolina. I gotta redeem my self.​
    Season Outlook: 10-2​

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  7. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

DerekC I think you have more 90 OVR players than I have 80 OVR guys. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Sadly that doesn't equal success.

9. I Peench

I can't fucking wait to come into Lane. Win or lose, that atmosphere is going to be daunting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Oh and the offensive line gets no love from DerekC . Most important positions in the game!

• Like Like x 1
  11. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea OL doesnt get the TV time...the Tom bradys of the world get the attention.

12. Baron

Which is why Tom Brady lost two Super Bowls to the team that dominated the trenches.

13. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

That's why USC recruited some of the top linemen last year and they are doing the same this year.;)

14. Baron

Maybe those lineman will help you improve your red zone offense. :D

15. Bulldog

hopefully although there will be an investigation conducted by the NCAA to test the Utah players for bullshit luck i mean steroids. ;)

16. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Baron

All's I know is that your kicker might want to be on suicide watch after you told him to get his ass back on the bench three straight times lol.

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

not if I get them first (y)

19. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

damn , PAC 12 all in this bitch lol

HIJACK_onplane.gif

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bulldog

Took some off my board i recruited so many last year im only going after the really good ones

21. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

2013 Maryland Terripans
    [​IMG]
    Offensive scheme: Pro, Texas Base
    Defensive scheme: 4-2-5

QB- CJ brown will lead us at Qb this year. He has the speed to run the spread offense, but with his injury rating, he is just not stable enough to run it, so we will settle with the Pro. If Brown get's injured, we are basically screwed at QB with a 69 overall Backup. Perry Hills is pretty good for a 69 overall player, but we don't want to rely to heavily on him incase he has to play.

HB- Running a 2 RB System will mean Justus Pickett and Brandon Ross will be sharing carries this season. I've watched a lot of tape on these 2 and I like what I see.

FB- Tyler Cierski is the starter. He will be a big help when it comes to blocking. With his good Run Blocking and Impact Blocking skills, I see a bright year for this kid
    WR- Marcus Leak, Devin Burns, Stefon Diggs, and Levern Jacobs are our starters. Hopefully they can play well. Maryland is know for their WR's so these guys have a lot to prove.

TE- Coach Ghost is torn between who should start. You have Jeremy Green who is a Big Blocking TE, then you have Kevin Winston who is about 3 inches shorter than green, but great at catching the ball. We will just have to play a game with both and see who plays the best, who knows we could just have them share PT.

OL: OL is pretty good, not the best, but not bad at all. We will deal with what have, they have great RB skills and that is just what we are looking for.

DL: Our Ends are 2 kids not to be reckoned with. DT's is just as good, just has to progress a little and will be up there. We will be running the 4-2-5 this year so both of our DT's will be getting lot's of PT.

LB: I couldn't be more than happy with the LB's we have. My MLB and LOLB are both fast, big, and more than ready to run the 4-2-5.

CB: We are kindv'e thin corner especially since we need corners a lot since we are running the 4-2-5. We are rebuilding right now so we will deal with what we have and just try to survive for now.

FS: Undray Clark is a great FS. He has great speed and tackle skills. I expect to hold it down over the top and won't let anything past him.

SS: Matt Robinson is a abosulte beast for a sophmore, he has excellent tackle skills and speed. Since he will be in the box most of the time in the 4-2-5, that speed and tackle skills is perfect.

Expectations: tbh, I don't expect us to win the ACC, but I think we could atleast cause some havoc and make it hard for some teams to win it this season.

Recruiting needs: QB, CB, OL

• Like Like x 1