Season 2 All User Team Discussion

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Wyrmreaver, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

asurob
    Wilfiger PSU 38
    The Parrothead
    Riptides
    Selvy9
    GMONEY 15
    Abominatrix
    Automatik
    Five_Fifs
    Jamie
    qclassic 22

I'll likely throw a few guys up here based on season stats, but submit your own players or players you played against for consideration (Offensive players for DC users not eligible). Stats are important but not everything here, stats in user vs user games or pivotal plays in those games are the top criteria. When you submit someone please include the relevant achievements for them.

Also, feel free to comment on everyone elses players, for example, "that QB shouldn't be in, we picked him off 4 times!" or "Yeah, that HB killed me at the end of our game with 3 key first downs to close the game out." or "you suck" or whatever else you want to say

Available spots.

QB
    HB
    HB
    TE
    TE/FB
    WR
    WR
    WR
    DE
    DE
    DT
    DT
    OLB
    OLB
    MLB
    MLB/OLB
    CB
    CB
    CB
    FS
    SS
    FS/SS
    Returner
    K/P

If we have no submittals or not enough, I will either leave a spot unfilled or choose a player at my discretion

2. Wyrmreaver

QB Alan Bridgeport and WR Keenan Allen for Cal look like shoe-ins, nobody is really close to them in stats for the season at their respective spots.

Michael Dyer from Arkansas St is almost certainly in as well at one HB spot, though the other spot looks to be pretty tightly contested

TE Sean Price from USF has a pretty large advantage in receiving for TEs

Army has 2 LBs with 15 and 13 sacks respectively

OK State has an LB, a FS, and a CB that look like nice choices

UMass has a SS with 7 sacks..... which is a stat I find a bit unsim, but not completely outrageous, he also has 3 INTs, so he can't be blitzing every down

UVA has a DE with 18 sacks

3. Wyrmreaver

While my mind is on stats...... I am not going to be the statistic police in general, but a few things that I saw in year one that have also been present in season 2 that I would like people to think about when playing their games, especially vs the CPU.....

If your top two receivers in yardage are a TE and a HB you aren't playing a realistic offensive scheme

If your leading receiver in terms of catches is not a WR you need to look at it, unless your TE is significantly better than all of your WRs

If your safeties lead the team in sacks it's not a good sign

if you have multiple guys with over 20 yards per catch you probably aren't mixing up your playcalling/routes enough

Roughly half of the teams in the league have unsim stats in the passing game, and often those same guys aren't very efficient throwing the ball. So I'm not sure if it's a skill thing and you just can't really push it out to your WRs without throwing tons of picks or what, but everyone needs to be sure that the primary receivers in their passing game are their WRs with the TEs and backs being secondary options except under very rare circumstances. For those of you not having these stats issues, thank you. For those of you who do, if you need help in terms of skill, gameplanning, choosing a playbook, etc please reach out, a lot of vets around here are able to do a bit of labbing or unranked playing to help someone out now and then. The goal is to have the most FUN, competitive, and sim league as possible

4. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

If not for my defense, my record is not as good. I have 3 contenders that I think deserve to be in the all user team.

ROLB: Jimmy Ward (wasn't pleased with his omission from last years honor)

**The heart and soul of this defense.
    **Currently 4th in the nation in solo tackles.

UMass: 10tkls, 5 solo, 2 for loss
    Arkansas St: 12 tkls, 7 solo, 2 for loss
    Oklahoma St: 5 tkls, 5 solo, 3 for loss
    Bowling Green: 4 tkls, 3 solo

SS: Durante Dechane (was equally not pleased with last year's omission)

**Does it all. Plays some corner. Plays up in the box. Great zone guy
    **Currently 5th in the nation in solo tackles.

UMass: 7 tkls, 5 solo, 2 for loss, 1 int
    Arkansas St: 8 tkls, 3 solo, 1 for loss
    Oklahoma St: 8 tkls, 6 solo
    Bowling Green: 5 tkls, 4 solo, 1 for loss

CB: Dominique Ware

**Always makes the big plays
    **Currently 5th in the nation in Interceptions

UMass: 5 tkls, 3 solo, 1 for loss, 1 Int
    Arkansas St:
    Oklahoma St:
    Bowling Green: 4 tkls, 3 solo, 1 Int (The pick sealed the victory

Honorable mention to these opponents:

UMass QB Palmer: 17-26, 304 yards, 3 TD's, 1 Int
    UMass WR E. Lee: 6 catches, 86 yards, 1 TD

Arkansas St: Michael fucking Dyer: 30-176, 4 KR- 108 yards, 284 all-purpose

Oklahoma St: MLB Lavey: 7 tkls, 2 solo, 1 Int
    Lowe (don't remember the position): 6 tkls, 2 solo, 2 Int's

Bowling Green: Anthon Samuel: 22-78, 2 TD's

• Like Like x 1
  5. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

My TE - Sean Price
    35 receptions
    856 yards
    8 TD's

Lb - Dede Lattimore
    65 tackles
    12 tackles for loss
    3.5 sacks
    2 int's and 1 fumble recover

6. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Those sack stats are not very sim. Anyone know what the all-time sack record is for a CAREER?

It's 44 and second place is 38. Those guys at the top in our league are half way to the career record in NCAA in one season.

7. Wyrmreaver

Says the guy averaging 25 yards per catch with a TE! :p

In fairness to the sack guys, the NCAA record for a season is like 24-ish by Terrell Suggs about 10 years ago

8. Riptides

Riptides Potential Star

Touche'. Hitting the TE on a seam route is how you beat teams sending their LB on a blitz every play. :p

9. Wyrmreaver

We can put that to the test if you can play a late night game next season. :D

10. Wyrmreaver

Season 2 team is up. I will update post bowl game stats tonight or tomorrow night (depending on when we advance)

11. Wyrmreaver

The archive (sticky thread) is updated with the full all user team and stats including bowl games

12. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

For some reason, I'm just now seeing this thread, but I'm the coach of the strong safety in question who had 10 sacks last season. Just want to remind everyone that I run a 4-2-5, which means in the normal set, my safety lines up in what essentilally is an OLB position 90 percent of the time. SO before throwing poor Lance Wilkerson under the bus for being awesome, remember that this SS plays AT the line scrimmage 90 percent of the time. Two other safeties, with better zone coverage ratings usually man the tradition FS and SS slots

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wyrmreaver

10 is a bit high for a SS.... part of it is that if you have a SS leading your team in sacks you may need to adjust something. Especially if you are playing the CPU, dial it back a bit or put the backups in.

Like I said in my earlier post, at the time he had 7 sacks which I thought was a bit high but not out of control. Your good though, just keep it in mind

14. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Cool beans. Just don't want to giev the impression I blitz the guy ALL the time. If there are 50 defensive plays a game, he may blitz 6.....but he plays at the line of scrimmage, so his numbers for that will also be higher than other strong safeties. Because the 4-2-5 "normal" base is essentially a 4-4 with safeties playing OLB.

I will be conscious of it though