Season 2 B1G Conference Race

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I'll add more to this as the race for the CCG progresses, but wanted to make note of this today:

JCspartan2
    Big Suge Knight
    dakota7

You guys check the B1G conference standings lately? NU has played 4 conference games already while the rest of you guys have only played 1 or 2 I think. How is that possible? I thought we all started conference play the same week?

Also, when looking at the division that Michigan St and UofM are in, you guys notice something? Yup, their both 0-1 in conference. Wonder who they both lost to ?????? hmmmmm.......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Bahahaha that's an awesome pic

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

GoGators got his down year out of the way early...here's to another year of domination...this time he's doing it with Northwestern

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Oh please. He caught me rusty. I just dominated #1 Arkansas. :p

6. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

It looks like Northwestern is having a great year at 6-1.

Who did they get that 1 loss from?

7. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Some Bitch as team from Phoenix.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Rusty? That looked more like corroded

9. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha touché

10. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

ouch

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Credit where credit is due.

See ya in Madison, week 12.

12. GoGators

Do you play michigan and MSU this year?

13. GoGators

I love Charlie! I wouldn't get carried away with domination. All my wins have been lucky so far. And next years team will be half of what this years is and this years is only like an 84.

14. dakota7

No, that's why we discussed setting up custom protected rivals after this season. Not very fair to you to have 3 conference user games while I only have 1.

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Will definitely be incorporating this next year. User games may be down to only conference games as well until the 3rd patch.

16. GoGators

Damn, so your conference hopes all come down to week 12. Interesting.

17. GoGators

With back to back losses to NU and Michigan, the Spartans from East Lansing have effectively eliminated themselves from conference contention. Whatever the name of that division is, is now wide open for Big Suge Knight 's wolverines. Don't screw it up!

In the other division, there's a nice battle heating up as PSU, Wisconsin, and NU are all sitting undefeated going into this week. Somethings gotta give eventually!

18. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    It will be interesting to see how my game against Minnesota goes. Last CPU game was against the ND no huddle.

19. GoGators

In my game against Houston I made sure to setup all my defensive audibles before kickoff. I think it's your best chance with the current no huddle issues.

20. GoGators

Week 10 Update!

Coming into week 10, the B1G Leaders division is having quite the race to crown it's division winner. There's currently a three way tie atop the division with PSU, NU, and them Cheeseheads from Wisconsin.

Penn St 7-0 (3-0)
    Remaining games: Purdue, @Illinois, @Ohio State, Wisconsin, @Northwestern

Northwestern 7-1 (4-0)
    Remaining games: Ohio State, @Wisconsin, @Minnesota, Penn St

Wisconsin 5-2 (3-0)
    Remaining games: Purdue, Northwestern, @Penn St, Illinois

Being my first full season in the B1G, I must admit it's pretty exciting to have the conference race still wide open. Usually in the SEC it's already decided by now in the East also known as after Florida beats Georgia! In the B1G however, that's not the case. Clearly Wisconsin has the inside track on this thing coming off a big win over Ohio St in week 10. Rumors are swirling about a cheesy power failure that may have had a hand in this one, but ESPN cannot confirm any reports. I would suspect foul play though, after all, they're from Wisconsin, being cheesy is in their nature!

Penn St has the toughest schedule going to the Horseshoe and visiting Evanston to play NU. They also play Wisconsin at home and they could very well lose all three of those games.

Northwestern's schedule is on par with Penn States. A huge game with the Buckeyes awaits and the early line on this one has the Buckeyes favored. Going on the road after a physical game with OSU to play in Madison will be the toughest struggle the Wildcats have faced yet. Minnesota should be a W, but ending with Penn St and a potential showdown for the division is possible and that would be a huge game.

Personally, I like Wisconsin in this race, but anything could happen. Stay tuned!

In the Legends division, it's Iowa's to lose at 3-1 in conference. Nebraska, Minnesota, and Michigan all carry two conference losses so if Iowa can keep things on the up and up and avoid another let down they should be golden. Unfortunately they do have to play Michigan next week and Nebraska and MSU to close out the season. Michigan has a difficult schedule ahead as well with games against Nebraska and Ohio St still looming. Nebraska may be in the best shape. They still have Indiana, Michigan, Iowa, and Minnesota to deal with, but all of those games are winnable with T-Magic taking the snaps.

Personally, I like Nebraska in this race. They'll need a big time win over Michigan to put a strangle hold on the tie breaker and then rely on Michigan and MSU to knock off the Hawkeyes over the coming weeks.

What are your thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Liking this.

My prediction:
    Wisconsin for the Leaders (their schedule is EONS easier that the other two but they all do play each other which is exciting)
    Michigan for the Legends (Michigan gets a shot at Nebraska and with a win over MSU their only shot to lose it is to Ohio St)

22. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

How disappointing to only be a spoiler at this point...I guess I should have expected it with everything I lost on offense.

23. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Did you just say that traveling to Evanston makes for a tough schedule?!?

24. GoGators

Yup, it's a revenge game since they were they beat me last season.

25. dakota7

Heading into the end of the season, Wisconsin will meet Nebraska in Indianapolis for the B1G Championship. Northwestern and coach Sherm played spoiler for the Legends division and pretender in the Leaders.