Season 2 | BCS National Championship

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Aug 13, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]41[​IMG]38
    Heel of a Game: UNC Captures 1st User Natty
    [​IMG]
    Coach Peench Hoists the Coach's Tropy
    In what proved a memorable finish to the 2013 season, the Tar Heels of North Carolina emerged victorious after a hotly contested BCS National Championship game against a very tough Oregon team. Oregon, who had a home field advantage of sorts, as the game was at the Rose Bowl, played with a ton of energy all game long.
    At multiple points throughout the contest, UNC made serious attempts to take all the momentum from the Ducks-as well as the life from the largely pro-Duck crowd. Each and every time, the Ducks would answer emphatically. After the Tar Heels took a 7-0 lead, Oregon answered immediately with a kick return for a touchdown by lightning bug De'Anthony Thomas. When UNC recaptured the lead, the Ducks answered immediately again as Daryle Hawkins caught a 75 yard touchdown pass the first play from scrimmage. Then, as UNC kicked a FG to put them within three with 40 seconds left in the half, Oregon made another big play to put up 3 and nullify UNC's previous drive.
    "Frustrating," Coach Peench described that first half. "Every time we got rolling, they took the wind out of our sails. Coach Danthraxxx did an excellent job drawing up some deep patterns to take apart our secondary. I wasn't sure if we'd be able to overcome all that we withstood mentally in that first half."
    Survive they did. Despite two big fumbles in the redzone, UNC scored 17 consecutive points to start the second half, as their secondary began to step up play, picking off Bennett 3 times, more picks than he'd thrown all season. Despite a late rally by Oregon, UNC held on for the 41-38 win, their first national championship in school history.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bryn Renner was flawless in his final game as a Heel
    Though the program is flying high, a harsh reality remains: they will lose a lot next season. "Right now, I just want to enjoy this win," Coach Peench stated, refusing to address the fact that he will be losing several starers at key positions. Look for freshmen DE Dennis Oliver and JUCO CB Todd Stevenson to assume starting roles to fill those holes. QB Brandon Berg looks poised to run the spread option, and run it well. These three players will be pivotal if UNC looks to defend the ACC crown 3 years in a row. Also, rumors are flying that star WR TJ Thorpe will declare early for the NFL draft. Though UNC brought in a number of talented WRs this year, losing Thorpe would be a big blow.
    Awesome game Danthraxxx. I'm sure this won't be your last BCS title game.​
    HD VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 8
  2. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Hell of a game guys. I have to say, Danthraxxx that was a sick cut back on that first kick return TD. If you meant to do that, I am definitely impressed.

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

It's the player (De'Anthony Thomas) more than my stick skills lol , I meant to do it but is elusiveness & agility are like 99 ...... sadly his injury rating is like -56. :(

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

You could just make this the bowl week thread :rolleyes:

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Danthraxxx man, those two fumbles you recovered both damn near went for 6...clutch tackles by I Peench

great game fellas!!

6. I Peench

Let me have my moment, Zach....I may not have another

7. I Peench

Danthraxxx has some skills with that hit stick. He forced three of those fuckers...two on those devastating hits

8. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I have my moments , sadly not enough of them on that day :( lol

9. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

:rolleyes: