Season 2 BCS Outlook

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Sep 16, 2010.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Season 2 BCS Outlook

We're headed down the home stretch and with a bunch of 1 loss teams at the top of the polls we're headed for a wild finish in figuring out who will play for the coveted BCS Championship.

Column 1
    Rank Team W L Points
    1 Ohio State 7 1 0.997
    2 Boise State 7 1 0.989
    3 Purdue 8 1 0.986
    4 Wisconsin 8 1 0.978
    5 Washington 7 1 0.975
    6 TCU 9 1 0.975
    7 UCLA 7 1 0.975
    8 USF 8 1 0.964
    9 Michigan State 8 1 0.961
    10 Rutgers 8 2 0.944

1. Ohio State
    Remaining Games: @ #6 Purdue, Iowa, @ Michigan, BGSU
    BCS Outlook: They just lost to Purdue 38-21 and with that being their second loss in the Big Ten they will be out of BCS Championship picture as well as the Big Ten picture. Their best bet now is an at large berth to a BCS Bowl.

2. Boise State
    Remaining Games: San Jose St, Idaho, @ Utah State, Utah
    BCS Outlook: Looking at those last four game they are going to need the big boys to lose more games. As is the case every year with Boise State while they always win a lot of games, they play a soft schedule. Most likely they will be on the outside looking in once again.

3. Purdue
    Remaining Games: #1 Ohio State, Illinois, @ Indiana
    BCS Outlook: Purdue just got finished with taking down their second #1 team in as many weeks with their 38-21 win over Ohio State. Their opening loss to #8 UCLA is looking like a blessing as the Bruins are having a strong season. The Boilermakers are certain to move up to the top 4 in the Coaches poll next week. The Media poll already loves Purdue having them as #1. As long as they win both their remaining games they should lock up a spot in the title game.

4. Wisconsin
    Remaining Games: @ Penn State, #7 Michigan State, @ Illinois
    BCS Outlook: Even with their loss last week the Badgers are still in the thick of things thanks to their strong schedule. The Michigan State game could prove to be very huge in their quest to make it to the title game. They still need some help as there are several 1 loss teams right there with them and the fact that right now Purdue is in line to win the conference. The only way the Badgers make it to the National Championship is if a bunch of the 1 loss teams lose another game. Most likely the Badgers will be an At Large at best.

5. Washington
    Remaining Games: @ #17 USC, @ #25 Cal, #8 UCLA, @ Washington State
    BCS Outlook: The Huskies has themselve quite the home stretch with games against 3 tough ranked opponents. However, if Washington makes it though those games they set themselves up to be in the BCS Championship. This is no cake walk though. They will need to play their best football of the season.

6. TCU
    Remaining Games: @ UNLV, @ Utah
    BCS Outlook: The Horned Frogs are in the same boat as Boise State. Their strength of schedule is very weak. Also their loss to an unranked Pitt team will hurt them. TCU will need pretty much all the remaining one loss teams to lose if they want to make it to the title game.

7. UCLA
    Remaining Games: Arizona, @ Texas, @ #3 Washington, #17 USC
    BCS Outlook: First and formost the Bruins need to win out. If they happen to accomplish this goal they still may need some help via a loss by one of the 1 loss teams ahead of them. The season may come down to the game against #3 Washington.

8. USF
    Remaining Games: @ UConn, West Virginia, @ Syracuse
    BCS Outlook: Not having any remaining ranked opponents hurts the Bulls' chances at making it to their first BCS Championship game. Couple that with their relatively weak schedule and heir loss to Washington, they shouldn't get their hopes up. They will be the Big East representative in the Orange Bowl most likely.

9. Michigan State
    Remaining Games: Indiana, @ #5 Wisconsin, Penn State
    BCS Outlook: Michigan State needs a bunch of help. Not winning their conference almost certainly means no BCS Championship game berth. The game against Wisconsin will probably be important in determining if they can make it to a BCS game as an at large. Other than that they might be headed to the Capital One bowl.

10. Rutgers
    Remaining Games: Cincinatti, @ Louisville
    BCS Outlook: Plain and simple, they have no shot. Losing to USF pretty much took them out of the running, and beating Cincinnatti and Louisville will not do much to move them up in the polls especially with all of those 1 loss teams in the hunt. Better luck next year.

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Purdue vs. any one of those teams besides mine...that's a shit load of possibilities...helli has a helluva schedule remaining.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    I think the Washington/UCLA game will decide one of the participants.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Maybe if the CPU doesnt run it up on us again.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm hoping Cal can step up and beat Washington, then have Helli avenge last season's beatdown to take out UCLA.

Go Bulls!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

more i see stuff like this the more my lose to UCLA pisses me off lol. I was 3 in the BCS at the time ahead of all those fuckers on the list now except Boise State. So I probably would have been 1 or 2 after the Wisconsin loss.

7. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Great write up btw HR...content is much needed in this dynasty.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

We hammered USC.

Now UCLA looms large on the horizon

Two freebies against Cal and WSU remainining too. :D

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

jk Foshy... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Nah helli u meant that shit lmao

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nah I almost got beat last year dude, and in fact should have lost. I couldn't stop that outside run man... :mad: I was just lucky he attempted to be sim at the last moment and run it inside a few times..... ;)

12. jfosh

jfosh Super

BAHHHHHWA!!!! HERE WE GO THE CAL GAME WILL BE YOUR WATERLOO!

Nice write up hotrod!!!!