Season 2 BCS Outlook

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Sep 17, 2010.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Season 2 BCS Outlook

Season 2 BCS Outlook

1 Mich St 8-0

Games remaining: @ Wisconsin, Penn St, @ FSU

MSU controls their own destiny to make it to the title game but with 3 tough opponents down the stretch, they'll need to stay sharp and more importantly healthy to stay perfect. Any loss at this point in the season and they'll be thinking about what could have been as they'd likely be out of the BCS picture. Going to Madison will be a challenge as Wisc still has one of the most dominant set of men in the trenches ever assembled. They're plenty talented and would like nothing more than to knock off the Spartans. And not that the Spartans need any more pressure, but a slip up against either Wisc or PSU could result in a split of the Big 10 title if Iowa wins out. And last on the schedule is a monsterous game at Doak Campbell stadium. The Spartans will get a glimpse of southern football from the Noles that they likely haven't encountered all season long up north.

Probability of MSU in BCS Game: 42%

2 Miami 10-0

Games remaining: @ Texas, Virginia, ACC Championship

The nation of college football fans will get a gift next week as they'll witness a BCS worthy game during the regular season when Miami travels to take on the Horns. Two undefeated teams clashing to see which one can keep the bus moving to play in the BCS title game. Both programs must be kicking themselves for scheduling such a big game this late in the season, but there's no going back now. I feel Miami has a slight edge in this one, but being that it's on the road against a squad led by Dru, the talent edge may not be large enough. Miami's other game is against Virginia and that will likely be a no contest, but that still leaves the ACC CG against Clemson and that game won't be easy either, but nobody said returning Miami to glory would be easy.

Probability of Miami in BCS Game: 33%

3 Texas 9-0

Games remaining: Miami, Texas A&M, Big 12 Championship

Texas has the advantage of getting Miami at home, but Hova's Canes will still be a huge task for the Horns. If the Horns can protect their house, they'll then have the luck of going and playing against in state rival TAMU and the 12th man. After that, they'll likely face Missouri in the Big 12 CG. If Texas can get past Miami at home, they probably have the clearest shot at the BCS as taking care of the Big 12 shouldn't be too difficult. However, rivalry games against TAMU never go quite as expected.

Probability of Texas in BCS Game: 50%

4 Rutgers 9-0

Games remaining: Cincy, @Louisville, @ UNC

Rutgers has some tough sledding in front of them with two big road games coming up it's unlikely they'll be able to run the table and remain undefeated, but anything's possible. They benefit from not having a CCG to play in, but need help from one of the teams in front of them to get to the BCS game. If they take care of their own business, they may just get that help as one team in front of them is guaranteed to lose and MSU doesn't have a friendly schedule by any means.

Probability of Rutgers in BCS Game: 25%

5 Boise St 7-1

Games remaining: Idaho, @Utah St, Utah

The perennial BCS buster is looking to weasel their way into the BCS game again this season. They have an extremely friendly schedule as the only real danger is Utah and they get them at home. The Broncos are poised to win out, but will need help to make the BCS game. A couple of the teams are likely to drop a game or two in front of them and BSU also benefits from no CCG. This is one team guaranteed to be paying very close attention to the scores over the coming Saturdays.

Probability of BSU in BCS Game: 33%

6 FSU 8-1

Games remaining: @ Kentucky, MSU

FSU is the first team that's an extremely long shot to make the BCS game. However, if MSU can run the gauntlet and get to FSU still undefeated, FSU with a win may get the boost in the polls needed to get close. However, since they won't be playing for the CCG, it's highly unlikely. Also, somehow, the schedule makers have decided to get rid of the annual UF vs FSU game. Not sure how that happened, but I'll assume FSU paid somebody off so they didn't have to face Demps and the Gators this year. Anyways, FSU will have the opportunity to be a spoiler more than anything else this late in the season.

Probability of FSU in BCS Game: 1%

7 Ohio St 7-2

Games remaining: Iowa, @ Mich

Probability of OSU in BCS Game: 0%

2. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Michigan State is in the place I hate. They're not a very good team compared to most National Championship winners, and they got left 2 solid cpu teams and a user. Basically means, one semi bad day and it all comes to an end after a great start.

Personally I'd rather be Texas or Miami, because there's nothing more frustrating then going undefeated versus users and having the cpu end your title run. Both Miami and Texas have balls out talent to easily handle a bad day against a cpu team, and they just have to worry about user/users (in Miami's case), that can end their runs.

My pick is Michigan State and Miami.

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think my run ends vs Hova. Senior QB + 4 senior WR's vs Aaron Williams and 3 frosh/soph CB's doesn't bode well for Texas. If my defensive line plays like they have in my other 2 user games that could be the difference.

My team is built more for a run next year, when I will have more seniors across the offense and defense.

I think Michigan St makes it through undefeated, Miami beats Texas, but loses to Clemson in the ACC title game and JC plays a CPU team for the title.

4. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Wow I'm getting a lot of love here. Didn't expect that.

Obviously my main worry is that FSU user game to end the season. I don't see myself winning that one @ FSU, but it could happen. Never played Dakota before, so it should be interesting.

5. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Great writeup Sherm!

I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's going to be a MSU v. Texas championship game. On top of that, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Texas not only beats Miami, but beats them comfortably (by double digits).

6. Dru50

Dammit Jello, ssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

You're messing up my jedi mind trick with Hova man.

7. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Damn, Double digits?!?

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    At least you and I agree on my chances. LOL

9. Dru50

I for one am not predicting a double digit victory for Texas. The Longhorns will be lucky to prevent Jacory Harris from putting up 500 yards passing and 12 TD's.

10. Dru50

In all seriousness, I'm really looking forward to the game, Hova is a guy I've wanted to play going back to the OFFL Mid Majors days. Should be fun.

11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

FSU is at least a 4% title game shot.

JC, we played in the OFFL East once. VT vs Tenn.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Guess I forgot to factor in the Clemson loss. FSU is no longer in the top 10 and therefore has 0% chance of making the BCS game now.

Rutgers and Boise St both won and are perched at 4 and 5 waiting for anybody in front of them to slip up. No pressure guys!

13. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I'm gunna have to win the ACC title game, Hope Rutgers loses and as much as it pains me, Root for FSU!!

14. Dru50

Assuming I can take care of business vs the CPU, Texas' win against Miami puts the longhorns in the driver's seat for a BCS title shot.

I'm not overlooking A&M though, since that is a road rivalry game.