Season 2 BCS Picture

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by HotRod, Sep 5, 2011.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

1. Stanford ( HotRod )
    Games remaining: @ Cal, Pac 12 Championship

Outlook: Plain and simple, win and they’re in. Cal won’t give them any trouble but they can’t underestimate their Pac 12 championship opponent which appears to be an Arizona State team on the rise.

2. Oklahoma (CPU)
    Games remaining: Baylor, @Iowa State, Oklahoma State

Outlook: The Sooners have had a few close calls as of late and they have a couple tough games remaining in Baylor and the Bedlam game vs.Ok St. I believe the game vs the Cowboys is the one to watch. Fortunately there is no more Big 12 Championship game, so most likely if they win out they are in the title game.

3. Virginia Tech (CPU)
    Games remaining: Georgia Tech, Duke, Virginia, ACC Championship*

Outlook: Their toughest game will be this week vs. Georgia Tech. Fortunately their remaining schedule is all home games. If they win out the rest of the regular season, they will most likely face NC State in the conference championship. This extra game may allow the Hokies to jump Oklahoma for a NC berth.

4. Penn State ( jms493 )
    Games remaining: @Purdue, @Iowa, @ Illinois, Big 10 Championship

Outlook: Let’s be real, their remaining regular season schedule is a piece of cake. Penn State will make it to the Big 10 Championship game 11-1 but guess who awaits, Mogriffjr and his Nebraska squad with whom they had the game of the year so far. The Huskers killed the Nittany Lions NC hopes last year and will be looking to do it again this season. Penn State also needs loses by Oklahoma and Virginia Tech if they have any chance of making it to the title game.

5.Nebraska ( Mogriffjr )
    Games remaining: @Ohio State, Wisconsin, Big 10 Championship*

Outlook: Even with two losses, the Cornhuskers are still in contention for a NC berth. Their remaining regular season games will be very tough as they go into the Horseshoe to take on the Buckeyes then close it out vs Wisconsin at home. Two losses here and it’s possible they could kiss their Big 10 Championship game spot goodbye. If they win out, the Big 10 Championship could very well be for a title berth if 2 of the remaining undefeated teams lose.

6. Oregon State ( The Parrothead )
    Games remaining: Utah, Oregon

Outlook: Like Nebraska, the Beavers have suffered two losses yet still find themselves in the championship picture. Unfortunately, Oregon State will need a lot to happen if he has any shot. First of which is beating Utah and Oregon. After that, they need all hell to break loose with the 5 teams ranked above them. It doesn’t seem likely, but as we know in the game, anything is possible.

7.Tennessee ( ctvolfan )
    Games remaining: Arkansas, @Vanderbilt, Kentucky, SEC Championship*

Outlook: The Vols are arguably the hottest team in the dynasty outside of Stanford. Their remaining regular season schedule should be of no problem to them. Don’t be surprised if they jump up a few spots before the season is done. Then they have the SEC Championship in which the picture on the other side of the conference is a little cloudy. Miss St, Ole Miss, and Alabama are all still in the hunt for the SEC Championship game berth. Like the other teams with losses, the Vols need to not only win out, but have a couple undefeated teams lose as well.

8. Oklahoma State (CPU)
    Games remaining: Iowa State, @Kansas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma

Outlook: The Cowboys still have a long way to go before the season wraps up, but if they win out they could find themselves much higher than their current #8 ranking in the BCS. The Cowboys were looking good until the recent loss toTexas. Winning out will significantly boost their chances as a win vs the Sooners would knock Oklahoma out of contention. They still need a lot to happen to be in the picture but they’re not out of it yet.

9. Georgia Tech (CPU)
    Games remaining: @Virginia Tech, @North Carolina, @Georgia, ACC Championship*

Outlook: They have three tough games on the road to close out the regular season. Not only do they need to beat Va Tech and UNC to win the ACC Coastal, but they also need to beat Riptides’ Georgia Bulldogs. If they somehow accomplish that, they need to turn around and win the ACC Championship game then hope for teams ranked ahead of them to lose. The odds are stacked against the Yellow Jackets and this very well can be pointless after this week.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah u can take my name off this list. Sorry u wasted your time on Nebraska lol

3. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

mogriff u lost??

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Ohio State is tough, man...

5. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I knew the shit would happen....so now I am looking into Iowa vs Penn state for the Title game. Honestly I hope VTECH or OKLAHOMA win out....

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    If you win that would tie me and Iowa. I would need to beat Wisconsin and I'm back in the title game. So unless you feel like losing a shot at the national title, you can purposely lose to Iowa to avoid me ;)

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah it was one of those games. Jamaal berry ran like there was no snow on the ground while freshman standout for me Trey smith got hurt in the 2nd quarter with a mild concussion. I threw 3 picks...just a pathetic display by our team.

9. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Whatever you do...do it quickly

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I just knocked off the #3 team on the road and probably wont get to the Pac12 Championship. I wonder I can 2-loss my way into the NC...

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    That would be a hell of a jump from #13 in BCS to #2. But anything is possible.

12. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

haha I guess, but I was just joking. I need fosh to lose to the CPU so I can get into the CCG and knock you off to have a shot!

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Too bad his conference schedule is wrapped up ;)

14. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Had a chance with Arizona... I think he still has Colorado left

15. jfosh

jfosh Super

Still have colorado and UofA was a hair away from beating me....through a lob in the endzone to end the game.

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. jfosh

jfosh Super

Forget also the schedulers decided to give ASU only 11 games this season....things just are not going the Devils way

19. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Really?

[​IMG]

20. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Im not sure how the PAC12 decides its divisional champs... but it looks like Utah has back-doored their way into the PAC12 CCG with ASU's OT loss to Colorado!

21. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Always figured Max for a back door kind of guy.

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Oregon State only got 11 games, too.

23. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have a great response to this, but its too bad to post... even for me.

24. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Sorry, guys. I made sure that each team had 12 when I finalized the schedule, it must still be changing games... But I always double check.