Season 2: Bitchin, Complaints, Gripes, Suggestions

Discussion in 'Second to None' started by KnightNoles, Aug 3, 2012.

1. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

• Content Changes will be coming
    • Slider/Game play changes will be looked into
    All I have for now, the floor is open

• Like Like x 2
  2. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

I'm just going to throw it out there so everybody knows--I've already talked to noles and I'll be switching to Illinois this offseason once and for all. I really hate to be that guy that switches, but I really think the best fit for me will be the school that I love. It not only helps me, but I'll be able to contribute much better and more frequent content to the OD.

As for content, I'd like to start a quarterly power ranking. Even though this isn't groundbreaking or new, it'll help create some more chatter every three or four game weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  3. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

As far as content goes, i plan on contributing more once i get my internet set back up in my new office (been without it for about a week and a half now). I apologize for the lack of posting updates and what not, but i usually do that type of stuff from my desk.

As far as the sliders go, I would love to see the gameplay speed upped a tad. I feel like the game plays really slow as it is right now and my fast guys dont really seem to be moving that fast at all...moreso like thiley are running in mud. Other than that, I feel like the game plays pretty good to me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I was wanted to do an SEC corner for some more content. Highlighting performances and such.

As for changes, I would love to see CPU INT go down 5. I didn't see blocking work on normal speed and certain sweeps didn't work that are in my playbook. That's the only thing that makes me want to not go normal. That and when I switch in a user game, I have quite a bit of lag between my button presses and actions. At higher speeds I feel this would make a lot of BS-type big plays.

5. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    In regards to what trev said, coaching carousel is on, are we using that, or is it required when making an OD, or what?

As far as sliders go, they do need some tweaking, I think CPU catch needs to be improved a little, among some other things. I think we could bump up the speed threshold some.

Any thoughts on an SEC vs. B1G challenge or ACC vs. B1G, or whatever, just a fun thing to add in?

I've been trying to think os some type of content changes, but nothing comes to mind. I want to do something special, but for now I have no ideas.

6. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Coaching contracts are on because if they aren't coach prestige does not change properly (I think). It is my understanding that we aren't going to use the carousel to jump jobs, though. I think noles can edit my coach and make me switch schools, otherwise I'll just have to retire my coach and begin anew.

7. KnightNoles

Yes, but that is to use our own coaches and to build our coach prestige up. Reason why I told trev, I would tell him when to make the move.

Content wise: The team threads won't be mandatory anymore but posting in each weekly College Gameday will be. If those that want to keep their team threads going they will be more then encouraged to do so, I will be doing so. I just need to get caught up and copy and paste the ones that I have done into my own thread...
    set a bad example, but broth262 , chance17 , krtgolfing have done an excellent job.. you guys have made runthepound , Nautica Coach_III and myself look like the noobs (y)

I had the same problem as RTP last year, I felt like the game played too slow and what not but learned to adjust. The game speed is a lot slower then NCAA years past. Moving the game speed from slow to normal won't do anything but speed everything up, the threshold is suppose to make the distinction between who can catch who and who can turn the corner without being caught. I don't know why that isn't working like it should, even if we move that up to 25-35 that is closing the gap between those players.

8. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

I just remember reading we needed weekly recaps for the games. I just give a short paragraph and let the stats speak for themselves..

I do not really know any suggestions for now to mention...

9. KnightNoles

And that is all that is asked

10. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Does anybody know how many prospects they add in the offseason? I'm wondering because I counted and UI only has roughly 10 offers out of a potential 18. And with as little depth as they have at certain positions, I'll definitely need to offer those final 8-10 scholarships.

11. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    The threshold is a problem on slant/crossing patterns because the guys will get an absurdly large gap on routes against man to man. But I am fine with it as slow, although my user picks with the MLB have been messed up, that is usually my area of expertise, but I can't time it right on slow.

So for next season can Ijust do what I have done, by posting the full article in my Team recap and just a quick score in the Gameday thread?

Have fun dealing with that recruiting class, CPU doesn't know what they are doing.

12. KnightNoles

Correct, that will work

• Like Like x 1
  13. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

My onlu gripe gameplay wise is the slow gamespeed. I much rather find or work on a slider set that works for normal gamesppes

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

I would like 0 threshold and normal game speed , I want my fast guys to be fast. I really just would like normal game speed. Blocks get missed, that's reality. This year the wire does a lot of the work for you cut and paste, we should have quarterly power rankings, heisman update, conference update and user head to head standings to see whose dominating on the sticks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I like the game speed where it is tbh, the game speed has no bearing onone guy being faster than the other

16. KnightNoles

It wouldn't matter, the game would just be faster. Game speed was the same thing that I bitched about last year in Chaos but realized that was just how the game was made and previous versions of the game had faster game play.

17. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

Honestly, it's bad but not terrible. They have 6 commits so far (two 4* and four 3*). It could be a whole lot better if they would just offer scholarships to some guys that have them #1 on their board.

All I know is that I have roughly four weeks until in-season recruiting ends. As long as these guys don't all get offers from other schools, I should be able to offer them week 1 of the offseason recruiting and be able to bring in a solid class. The one thing they aren't doing is recruiting QBs which is a major need on our roster.. dang

18. chance17

chance17 Walk On

A-holes stole a good T from under my nose around week 7

19. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Is threshold not what differentiates how fast, fast is? I haven't looked at sliders so maybe were at 0, i thought 0 gives the largest gap and I like normal speed because the game feels faster. Is this not what I said earlier

20. KnightNoles

We are at 0 threshold..

21. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I read somewhere that no new prospects are added in the offseason anymore, like they were in the previous games.

22. chance17

chance17 Walk On

I haven't seen any new ones in the offseason yet and come to think of it, I don't remember getting that message about "new prospects have been added." Can anyone confirm this?

23. trevorg234

trevorg234 Walk On

When are we shooting for as our offseason night? I don't know about you guys, but I really don't want to spend a Friday or Saturday night doing the offseason activities. As much as I love this OD, that is just asking a bit too much I think.

A Saturday afternoon or something would be cool though. I'm really open to whenever as long as it's in the evening through the week, Saturday afternoon, or anytime Sunday.

24. krtgolfing

krtgolfing Moderator

Take your time.. I will be at the pga everyday except Wednesday so.. Take your time with the games...