Season 2 Bowl Game Projections (Pre Conf. Champ)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AndyVanSlyke, Aug 25, 2012.

1. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Holy Crap. The Bowl Games will be awesome. I see a bunch of possible user bowl games.

Let's look at a user breakdown of what could all could happen...

CUSA
    definitely bowling: FIU, UTSA
    bubble: FAU

FIU
    By virtue of their loss to ECU, FIU has clinched the #4 spot. It appears that they are DEFINITELY headed to the New Orleans Bowl. They WILL play a user from the Sun Belt. In fact, they will most likely play the Sun Belt champ. Whoever wins the huge Texas St-Western Kentucky matchup will be slotted here.

UTSA
    If they win the Libery Bowl, they play a lower tier SEC school most likely with a posible Big East matchup instead.
    If they lose, they will go to the Hawaii Bowl and play either Utah St., Army, NMSU or Hawaii.

FAU
    As the 6 team in the CUSA, there is no guarantee of a spot, but if they get in, they will play a crappy ACC school in the Military Bowl or a low tier B1G school in the TicketCity Bowl.

MAC
    definitely bowling: SJSU, Buffalo
    bubble: Kent State

SJSU
    Beat KSU in a user Conf. Champ game, head to the GoDaddy Bowl and play the loser of the Texas State, Western Ky. game.
    Lose the conf. champ game and play a lower tier B1G school in the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl.
    ---NOTE: This could actually be reversed. The Pizza Bowl has first choice, but the game is showing GoDaddy as having first choice. Not sure what will happen.

BUFFALO
    Will finish #3 and play in the Potato Bowl vs one of the WAC teams listed in the UTSA report.
    ---NOTE: This is dependent upon what they do if KSU loses conf. championship game. If KSU loses, they will be 6-7 on the year. Last year UCLA got a waiver to bowl after finishing 6-7 and losing Conf. Champ. game. Not sure if the same will apply here. IF they are indeed left out they will move up to either the Pizza Bowl or GoDaddy.

KSU
    I am assuming that they will bowl even if they lose. They will occupy either of the two spots in the SJSU report.

SUNBELT
    definitely bowling: TSU, WKU, MTSU

TEXAS STATE
    Beat WKU, go to New Orleans Bowl and face FIU most likely.
    Lose to WKU, go to godaddy Bowl and face SJSU or KSU.

WESTERN KENTUCKY
    Same a TSU.

MTSU
    #3 Sunbelt. No slotted bowl, but will go to either the BBVA Compass Bowl or Beef O Bradys Bowl. Both bowls will slot him with a mid to low Big East team.

That's all for now. Things will change.
    FIU, TSU, and WKU WILL face users.
    SJSU should face a user.
    Buffalo and KSU may face users.
    UTSA, FAU and MTSU will NOT face users.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Awesome job, Weave.

If UTSA wins the CUSA champ game, that might move me up to #3 in the league by virtue of me beating Southern Miss. Can't wait to see what happens. Good luck to everyone in the title games.

3. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Are you home or at football game?

4. Goose

Goose Walk On

What a run by KSU. Congrats Pro. After a horrible start you kicked major ass in the MAC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

awesome job.

6. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

yea, people have definitely not taking the time to appreciate pro's turnaround. awesome story there. well done friend!

7. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

congrats to Kent State on a stellar year I wish I would have came in sooner. My team was 1-5 when I signed up for the dynasty and finished 4-2 with huge wins against Army, Utah State and New Mexico State to win the WAC for the final year in its existence as a football conference.

8. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

UPDATED AFTER WEEK 15.

Let's look at a user breakdown of what could all could happen...

CUSA
    definitely bowling: FIU, UTSA
    bubble: FAU

FIU
    By virtue of their loss to ECU, FIU has clinched the #4 spot. It appears that they are DEFINITELY headed to the New Orleans Bowl. This is basically a done deal. FIU-WKU in the Big Easy.​

UTSA
    With the loss in the CUSA Championship game, it's off to St. Pete for the Beef O' Brady's Bowl against Cincy. ​

FAU
    Looking like it's Hawaii for Christmas. Off to play Army.

MAC
    definitely bowling: SJSU, Buffalo
    bubble: Kent State

SJSU
    Beat KSU in a user Conf. Champ game, head to the GoDaddy Bowl and play Texas State.
    Lose the conf. champ game and play a WAC team in the Potato Bowl.

BUFFALO
    Will finish #3 and play in the Pizza Bowl against Michigan State or another lower tier B1G school.
    ---NOTE: This is dependent upon what they do if KSU loses conf. championship game. If KSU loses, they will be 6-7 on the year. Last year UCLA got a waiver to bowl after finishing 6-7 and losing Conf. Champ. game. Not sure if the same will apply here. IF they are indeed left out they will move up to the Potato Bowl.

KSU
    I am assuming that they will bowl even if they lose. They will occupy either of the two spots in the SJSU report.

SUNBELT
    definitely bowling: TSU, WKU, MTSU

TEXAS STATE
    GoDaddy.Com Bowl against winner of MAC title game.​

WESTERN KENTUCKY
    Off to New Orleans to face FIU in the New Orleans Bowl.

MTSU
    #3 Sunbelt. No slotted bowl, but will maybe end up in the Armed Forces Bowl against Tulsa.

That's all for now. Things will change.
    FIU, TSU, and WKU WILL face users.
    SJSU or KSU WILL face a user.
    Buffalo, UTSA, FAU and MTSU will NOT face users.​

• Like Like x 3