Season 2, Bowl Season - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 26, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced!

Next Advance:
    -The Offseason begins at 930pmEST. No one said anything and if you suck at communicating, learn to communicate better :)

Last Week:
    -UTSA chokes away CUSA title
    -SJSU stops the Kent train and wins the MAC championship

This Week's Bowl Matchups:
    -Buffalo vs Michigan St
    -FIU vs Cincinnati
    -Kent St vs Utah St
    -FAU vs Army
    -Western Ky vs UTSA!!! (I'm coming for you)
    -MTSU vs Tulsa
    -And in the matchup we've all been waiting for... Bonner vs Weave

• Like Like x 1
  2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Herbstreit has me winning? What an ass! Does he not know who Whitehead is?

• Like Like x 2
  3. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

bonner - did you get my text?

4. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

I did?

5. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Here comes my 3rd straight user game and 4th out of the last 5 games.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

930 tomorrow night or tonight?

7. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

monday night.

8. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Ok that's good for me

• Like Like x 1
  9. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

we are here for you brett. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. vatechhokie01

i just want to get this on the record: I am going to whoop Gmorgs ass tonight. That's a promise.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Thanks, I really appreciate that

12. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

LOL I can't wait...

13. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

TEXAS STATE 31, SJSU 28

What a game! Bonner was throwing and running the ball all over me, I simply couldn't do anything at all.
    SJSU was up 14-7 late in the first half and it looked like the Spartans were heading in for more points...But a ball off of Chandler Jones hands was intercepted by TSU LB Keishe Wilcox. Check the highlights, it wasn't a pick. The ball actually hit the turf first.

SJSU would receive the ball to start the second half and immediately cash in on a 59 yard TD pass to go up 21-7.

Hope looked lost for the Bobcats. SJSU had bottled up Jarrett Whitehead for the first half. In their first possession of the third quarter, Weaver decided go to the pass game. Freshman QB Sonny Coleman looked sharp, finishing the drive with a 45 yard TD pass to Jess Haynes (who returned from injury). 21-14.

TSU's defense would force a 3 and out and finally, Whitehead would get loose. On the ensuing drive, the Heisman Trophy winner snapped off a 43 yard touchdown run to tie it up at 21-21.

SJSU would again stall out and punt. On the final play of the 3rd quarter, lightining struck again as Whitehead would bust a 41 yard TD run to give TSU the lead. 28-21

Fast forward to late in the fourth, TSU driving, trying to ice the game. The Bobcats were facing a third and 12 and proceded to throw a freaking INT!!! SJSU got the ball on the 5 and quickly worked downfield capping off the drive with a 64 yard TD pass into double coverage. SJSU's WR went up, got the jump ball and was gone. WOW!!! 28-28

TSU gets the ball back and works downfield quickly. The game would end with a 25 yard TSU FG that would go off the upright and in...TSU wins the Godaddy.com Bowl.

--SJSU QB Dasmen Stewart threw for over 300 yards.
    --TSU HB Jarrett Whitehead. 21 carries, 182 yards
    --SJSU WR Grigsby broke 100 yards as did TSU WR Jess Haynes.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  14. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

FAU wins the Hawaii Bowl, improves to 3-0 in bowl games in school history

Opening drive, FAU runs a read option. QB Rick Lewis takes it around the edge and gets a nice gain of 8...then fumbles, Army scoops and scores. So in the first 10 seconds, FAU is down 7-0. After a 3 and out, Army gets the ball back and promptly runs it down my throat. End of 1, FAU is down 14-0. A 28 point outburst in the second qaurter by the Owls would be the turning point of the game. HB TJ Moon would find paydirt twice from 1 yard out and Rick Lewis would hit his two Freshman WR's for TD's as, one of them, came on a Hail Mary with no time on the clock. TJ Moon would dominate the third qaurter, helping FAU move the ball downfield before being lost for the season with a forearm fracture. QB Lewis would pick up the slack, having one of the best games of his career and find Chris Mirvil in the endzone for his 2nd td of the night. The Owl defense figured out the triple option in the 4th qtr, slamming the door shut, and getting the first bowl win in the coach Mullen era.

The OLB combo of Ronald Johnson and Chris Henry played their final games for Boca's Finest, and they will be tough to replace. The Owls will return all of their skill positions on offense, and a large chunk of their secondary. But their O-Line is going to patchwork at best and the LB crew wont be near as good. Good to get this bowl win this season.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vatechhokie01

I'll let Gwood give the writeup. One of the most fun games I've every played! Ha! OT thriller. But OT didn't last very long!

16. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU wins over the Tulsa

Dominating performance by the Blue Raiders, as they would have their senior Qb back for one game after being out almost 10 weeks with a shoulder injury. He would have a very solid game for coming off an injury. K. Griswould did what he always does no matter who is throwing him the football, and his counterpart J. Lawson would also do the same thing. As the two wide receiver combo is one of the most dangerous in the game. The defense came to play to, as they would only give up 9 points and that wouldn't be until the 3rd quarter which is only the second game that they have given up any points in the 3rd quarter and would actually get pick six of their own.
    MTSU just flat out played like they were the #15 team in the nation and whooped up on Tulsa like they were nothing and just dominated both sides of the ball and just beat the MTSU coaches Birth Place team!
    Final Score MTSU 41 Tulsa 9

Qb L. Kilgore 26-45 303 2 Td 2 INT
    Wr K. Griswould 11 catches 165 yds 2 tds
    Wr J. Lawson 107 yds

videos uploaded

• Like Like x 1
  17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

New Orleans Bowl WKU 16 - UTSA 10

This by far was one of the best games and it was a defensive battle. We were Mic'd up and it made it all the more fun. As far as stats or highlights they were limited in this game I think we went into halftime with Heath leading 3-0. I scored in the 3rd on a 7 yard run by Keshawn Simpson to take a 7-3 lead in the 3rd. With 2:29 left in the 4th I was stuffed and had to settle for a 29 yard FG to take a 10 - 3 lead. After the kickoff Heath put together an amazing drive that saw him score a 4 yard passing TD from Soza to Freeman. Heath shocked me because I really thought he was going to go for 2 here to end the game but he kicked the XP to tie the game up. After a failed Hail Mary attempt we ended up in OT. Heath lost the call and I deferred to play defense first and then it happened, WKU Top Play of the Year

Eric Soza ran a triple option and as he took his second step my Freshman DE Scott Chandler springs up from the QB SPY and makes a step to Soza, as Soza stepped toward the line of scrimmage and into the arms of Chandler SR LB Andrew Action Jackson made a dash towards the RB who was about to receive the pitch and he picked off the option pitch, broke one tackle and ran 71 yards as Heath and I both said simultaneously "Oh my God"...What a way to end a season with these Hilltoppers!!!

J.Mason 3-12 49 yards
    K.Simpson 17 ATT 90 YDS 1 TD
    J.Campbell 2 REC 32 YDS

VIDEOS UPLOADED PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT!!!(no more caps and !!!)

Great Game man I really enjoyed it...I can't even trash talk you because it was so close...

On second thought...I just made my walk around my concrete neighborhood now enjoy your drink on me in Margaritaville!!

Tell Jimmy Buffet I said whats up and I want my Cheeseburger in Paradise!!!

Love Ya Dude

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 4
  18. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

I love that you have your TD from 4 different angles on your highlights.

19. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

For potential play of the year purposes I wanted to ensure you had enough footage LOL

Plus I only had one other highlight!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Goose

Goose Walk On

vatechhokie01

I'm not going to be able to get my game in once Pro gets his in go ahead and advance to the CC. Hopefully we can knock that out during the day.

21. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

[quote="
    Great Game man I really enjoyed it...I can't even trash talk you because it was so close...

On second thought...I just made my walk around my concrete neighborhood now enjoy your drink on me in Margaritaville!!

Tell Jimmy Buffet I said whats up and I want my Cheeseburger in Paradise!!!

Love Ya Dude

[​IMG][/quote]

The last little bit was in response to Heath's last text message " What really sucks is after I get this easy win you are gonna have to take a walk around your concrete neighborhood while I go celebrate with a margarita" - Heath Hale

Now here is were it gets funny, Heath text me to play last night to play, before we played I remembered I was parked behind my mother n laws car and I was going to move it so I didn't have to get up and first thing in the morning! I walk outside "unlock" the car, move it and then run back in the house to game! We finish gaming about 1:45 am EST and I complete my write up and fiddle around on the game and a blink of an eye it was 3:00 am...

Well fast forward an 4:30 am my mother in law knocks on our bedroom door to say someone was knocking on our door and ringing the door bell. I run down stairs to be met by the police saying my car had broken into...Well not broken into because I had left the car "UNLOCKED"...

Luckily nothing in the car was taken but 5 cars on my street were unlocked and the thief violated us all! So much for thinking I was safe in this suburban golf course/military neighborhood

22. Goose

Goose Walk On

23. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Brutal bro. Glad there was no damage. Just blame Heath it makes it all better

• Like Like x 2
  24. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

I'm a believer that God is...

It was an eye opener and nothing was taken, no one was hurt but I learned to stay focused and stop rushing!

25. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

yikes man, sorry to hear that