Season 2 Changes

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

NextFL,

There will a couple of changes upcoming for Season 2 beginning immediately after this years playoffs. I want to see the Next Gen of Madden stand out on the site since NCAA crashed and burned (premeditated if you ask me). So here is what will be new.

1) Game Summaries - This will now be mandatory content. I know some of you don't like writing and some of you don't like mandatory content but let's be real here. If you cannot give me 3-5 sentences (a paragraph) after you WIN (losers do not have to write a summary) with some stats, big plays, or whatever your perspective was...then, honestly, make way for someone who will be active on the boards because just playing and scheduling your games defeats the purpose of the forums.

But there is a twist to this. You will be evaluated at the end of the season on your summaries so I leave it up to you to either prove or bury yourself. I'll even be very lenient here. This is how the evaluation will go.

• Must have at least half of your summaries per season to remain safe (if you have 11 wins, then 6 summaries are required)
    • If you go two seasons without half of your summaries done (per season, not overall) you will be replaced with someone more willing to provide a little portion of content.
    • Everyone has a clean slate as of now

2) Trades - First off, Kasper has decided to drop from the Committee while Big Suge was added in his place. We took a few days to discuss things and this is how trades will now commence:
    • You may trade once per offseason
    • You may trade once per regular season before deadline
    • Unlimited amount of draft pick trading during draft
    • New owners are not held responsible for previous owners actions (if they traded then you may still make a trade rather than being forced to wait)
    • Age, Salary (w/ years remaining), and overall must be included with each player.
    3) 3 QB Rules - Unless we all have 3 QBs, the QB on the field cannot be injured. He will always come back in the next play as if nothing happened. Being invincible (basically) is not sim and we need to fix that. Again, starting after the playoffs you must have three QBs on your roster at all times.

Questions, Comments or Concerns can be left below.

- Masler

• Like Like x 7
  2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Are we staying with 72 hour advances?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

I agree with everything, but did have a question on this which can probably be answered by anyone here.

How do we upload highlights from the xbox? I've only had the thing for 6 days now and just got Madden today.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

Google it :). I've honestly never tried

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I never have any highlights so I dunno :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

NextFL

I like what the Dugout does with it's strike rule, Mas. A person gets like 3 or 5 strikes or something per season and can be penalized for things like not replying to another user trying to schedule a game within a 24 hour window.

• Like Like x 3
  7. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Masler Are we allowed to play without pants on? Do I need to cover the camera on my Kinect?

In all seriousness, if someone kinds an easy way to record vids, please post. I most likely will use my Gelato to record games to Capture Cheese!

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

We shouldn't need strikes imo, if you aren't doing your shit be wary you will be replaced- plain and simple.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

• Like Like x 1
  10. Masler

Masler Moderator

If I could track content like The Dugout tracks exports then I would be all for the strikes. Pretty much will be doing what Kasper said, I'll evaluate each person at the end of the season and they don't meet my requirements they get a warning, if at the end of the second season they still didn't get the idea, I will replace them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I have some free time with our slower advance schedule, if you want any help tracking stuff let me know.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Masler

Masler Moderator

If you are willing you can track summaries. I would suggest a google doc and just track week to week. Add me to it and I will keep an eye on things throughout the season.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

2 whole seasons of being able to "slack" seems like a lot.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Negative nancy calm down

15. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

BAsically we are saying a guy can do summaries every other season (big time paraphrasing) but why does it have to be so cut and dry black and white?

16. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

image.jpg

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

18. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

image.jpg

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

20. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

22. Masler

Masler Moderator

Fool me once...shame on you...fool me twice...shame on me...now I must boot thee :)

23. Masler

Masler Moderator

NextFL

Upon losing iBO, we have an opening in the trade committee. PM me if interested.

24. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Holding calls are ridiculous . I respect calls and them being relative in real football but Madden's logic is highly retarded. I had 10 holding calls in one game, and I know I've had multiple games with over 6, most in back to back to back instances. Stats look pretty good aside from the amount of interceptions :wtf:

• Like Like x 5
  25. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

People need to take better care of the ball.

I agree on holding calls though, the constant back to back aspect of it is especially annoying.

• Like Like x 2