Season 2 Content

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lee.Flex, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Season 2 Content

We will need some users to write content for season 2. Content we are looking for will be:

- Recruiting Report (Lee.flex)
    - Weekly Big Games
    - Heisman Race
    - Conference Standings / Team Outlook

I think content will really liv'in up the league and it will keep it fresh from week to week. If you would like to do one of the above, reply and let me know.

2. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

Ill do a brief piece most every week on which user games Im expecting upsets in

3. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

ok.. sounds good man. Appreciate it.

4. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Sign me up for "Games of the Week."

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

can I do a stats thing similiar to what I am doing in BfR?

6. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Everything sounds awesome guys. I am an no rush to get the content up right a way, but to get a layout for season 2 is important for this league. By the time Season 2 rolls around... which is in about 2-3 weeks I believe..... we have to start it off right and keep it rolling throughout the season. Season 1 was are "try-out" season for TF..... next season we have to prove that this Dynasty belongs in TF with all the other great Dynasty's.

Again, thanks for all the help guys, the ending to Season 1 should be a blast and the beginning of Season 2 will be great.

7. thievaryx

thievaryx Walk On

I posted my first Upset City blog... I welcome any and all feedback

8. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Good article varyx. Very in depth and it will be interested to watch some upsets as they play out through the season. Next season I think we will have a lot of user upsets since we will be player a harder schedule. Im trying for Air Force vs Flordia to begin the season........ (y)

9. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

Not sure what else there is but if you think of something that would be cool for the guys to follow let me know and take that part.

10. Emmdotfrisk

NEW IDEA FOR SEASON 2

Hey Lee what if for season 2 we use a David vs Goliath Spin-off to Make TF: Bowl Busters a career type dynasty. It is true that most people enjoy playing with a powerhouse team rather than a 1 star, but you should earn that privilege.

Say the goal is to be the next Urban Meyer....his rise from assistant at Illinois State, Head Coach at Bowling Green, to Utah, and finally to Florida where their program is at an incredible high. If we were to establish a set of goals that would allow a user to take a job with another team. Maybe something along these lines....

Dynasty Example

If at any time a user gets 100 points (cumulative, they would accumulate over the years) the may coach a team :1stars: higher than their current school with the following point system.

1 points for Rivalry victory
    5 points for winning season
    10 points for being bowl eligible
    10 points for a bowl win
    10 points for winning the conference
    10 points for finishing in Top 25
    15 points for finishing in Top 10
    20 points for finishing in Top 5
    50 points for winning National Championship
    10 points for coaching an Post-Season Award
    10 points for a Top 5 Heisman contender
    20 points for a Heisman Winner
    30 points for Coach of the year award

*When it comes to taking a new position you can only take a job at a school with the same or :1stars: higher. So if you are a :1stars: team and you qualify to coach a new school, say Arkansas drops from a :3stars: to a :2stars:, You have to ability to take them on as Head Coach. Of course you have the option of staying with your school.

These break down of points are not calculated at all. It would take some time to set it up but I will help you with that Lee, that is if you like this idea. It will take a lot of work from you to keep track of everyone's points ect. But I think this would be a unique idea, setting your dynasty apart from the others.

We could actually start at the end of this year. Tulane would probably qualify, possibly Air Force. What do you guys think?

11. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

I like it. I think it will add some depth to the league without completely revising anything. I think it's a great idea man.

12. Emmdotfrisk

Cool let me know what I can do to help make this happen!