Season 2 - Contract News

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Dru50, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

The Chicago Bears today announced the following contract extensions:

QB Jay Cutler - 5 years $70 million
    CB Charles Tillman - 5 years $37.5 million
    LT J'Marcus Webb - 4 years $7.2 million
    C Edwin Williams - 4 years $4.5 million

2. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

This scares me because Romo is in his contract year, so hopefully I can resign him. I also have to resign Sean Lee :oops:

3. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Won't tillman be in a nursing home soon?

4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

The New York Giants have announced the following re-signings:

LE Justin Tuck - 6 years/$52.80 million
    WR Hakeem Nicks - 6 years/$34.83 million
    DT Linval Joseph - 5 years/$12.71 million
    FB Henry Hinosksi - 4 years/$2.60 million

5. Dru50

Even if he were in a walker he'd still shut Megatron down.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Not in madden ;)

7. Dru50

When we played last year he didn't do anything. Besides, I care far more about reality than a video game where even when Shaun tweaks sliders to make passing harder there are still multiple guys throwing for nearly 500 yards in week 1. Stats in madden are now meaningless.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

Dang, good resign on Cutler

9. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Colts Resign:

CB Vontae Davis
    MLB Pat Angerer
    RT Winston Justice
    FS Joe Lefeged

10. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Blame guys not playing defense

11. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I blame the schools.

I think part of it is the ridiculous amount of tackles WR's break after the catch.

12. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

The one good thing about this season is I don't need to worry about resigning anyone. Will keep Saffold if he's cheap enough, but no big loss if I don't.

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

definitely Obama's fault

• Like Like x 1
  14. I Peench

As far as that particular stat, I think people need to put them into context. I was down 18 points with 4 minutes left and probably put on about 180-200 in that span in an improbable comeback. Before that, I was running the ball a ton-including a seven minute drive. IRL, Eli threw for 510 against Tampa, nearly 30 more yards than I put up in this particular game. The NFL had multiple 5K passer last season, and I didn't see anything outrageous last season (minus Brady).

I don't mean to come off as defensive, just saying that sometimes circumstance dictate aberrations in the statistics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I'd fire everyone on my defense if they gave up 200 passing yards in four minutes.

16. Dru50

To play devils advocate, that is pretty much the same defense our former Pats owner used when he put up 550+ yards in 2 losses.

To me, stats in this game are now meaningless, as I said. I think trying to keep them in relative line is going to be an exercise in frustration for Shaun.

17. I Peench

Understandable, but he began airing it out way earlier than that. I stayed balanced until the very last possible moment, and I'm sure antcap would agree with that. The difference between 470 and 580/600 is night and day in my opinion. It's difficult to play devil's advocate when you're comparing two vastly different stat lines.

Why are stats meaningless? You keep saying this as if our statistics are way out of line with the NFL. They aren't, with the exception of sacks and ypc. I still fail to see ONE offensive statistic that was mind bogglingly unrealistic last season.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dru50

That's only because several guys were forced to bench or pull their starters due to where stats were at midseason. If they hadn't, we would have seen number that would have destroyed several NFL records last year.

The fact that some guys are getting 20+ sacks with players and other issues has caused Shaun to tweak sliders to adjust for things like that, and to me it's ruining my experience with the game.

In any case, congrats on your win. I'm just a little down about things in this league these days, so I'm going to hold off on any more commentary. I didn't even intend to go down this path until Hova started me in on the whole Peanut Tillman vs Megatron garbage.

19. I Peench

I totally understand, Dru. I wasn't being combative, you're definitely somebody's opinion I respect. The sack issue was a big one I had as well, but that's neither here nor there. I suspect things will be better this season, but we'll see. I doubt you'll see many 400 yard passing games by me, this was an aberration.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Yeah Dru. Relax man. It's week 1. Shaun was on top of it last year, and I am sure this year will be the same. Season ending stats were fantastic outside of some sack totals. Those guys know who they are and are on a short leash.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

For what it's worth, I could have kept going with Adrian (only benched him for one game) and not have broken the regular season record. I would have likely eclipsed 2,000 if I let him have 20 carries like normal (which I was in pursuit of a playoff spot, so I definitely wanted to) and realistically 2000 yards for Peterson really isn't that outrageous.. especially considering I have a really good run blocking offensive line (in my opinion and an effecive/efficient passer).

I also agree with I Peench that his 470 or whatever it was is night and day different than 500 or 600 yards. Guys like Eli Manning and Tom Brady are going to throw for 450 a few times each year.

22. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Dru50 If it makes you feel any better, I'll keep Eli from passing for more than 250 yards this week when I play I Peench

;)

23. Dru50

I hope someone can. Based on Peench's numbers last year I have my doubts.

24. I Peench

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  25. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Excellent .gif and application thereof.

• Like Like x 1