Season 2 Discussion and Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Aug 9, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We got this first season done in under a month. At this rate we can finish 13 seasons. ;)

Everyone is still under :4stars: except for derek , who is :5stars:. Should be a fun year.

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

3. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    cu 3.png colorado.png

Colorado dominates in what was one of the most explosive games in a long time for Colorado. They made big play after big play. Their smallest touchdown was of 20 yards. Junior Paul Richardson dominated, returning a kick-off for a touchdown, and had two touchdowns of over 30 yards. Makiri Pugh had his first rushing attempts of his career, rushing for over 150 yards. The defense was stout, only giving up one big play, but then holding firm and only giving up a field goal.

I will post a video of one of my favorite plays I've ever made in NCAA later, when the site is back up and running.

Colorado plays West Virginia in Week 4, hoping to continue their winning ways.

4. derek

derek Walk On

Great game to Makin. Colorado's defense was tough. If it wasn't for a couple big runs it may have been a different game. This week I get my starting rb back. Of course he got knocked out during the wk we simmed. My back up had a good day though with 180 yards most coming off 2 big runs.
    I can see Colorado contending for the NC soon. Makin called great game and may have gotten cheated on what looked like a safety (he had me on my 1 twice. once I called a screen anticipating a blitz and if he hadn't knock the ball out of my rbs hands would have gotten a safety. The other time he had my qb at the 1 and drove him into the ez).
    Again great game Makin!

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Yeah sweet game. I had a lot of things happen to me that I couldn't come back from. That holding call on the scramble was absolutely back-breaking. Was a very, very fun game, but talent ended up prevailing. I played the underdog role as best as I could, dominating T.O.P. and field positioning, but I couldn't really move the ball against your stout D.

This really could have been a completely different game. Add my 4 points for two safeties, and then subtract 3 for fumbling on the kick-off and that is a 7 point swing at the least.

I finally got the goaline fade to work in-game. I would post the highlight, but the easports website is down on my computer. That's why I'm not doing an actualy write-up.

Great game derek and good luck the rest of the season.

6. pnc

pnc Walk On

#12 Virginia 28
    Kentucky 24

Tough game today at kentucky for the wildcats. The Wildcats started fast scoring 3 in the first and two tds in the second to build a 17-7 halftime lead. Virginia used the 3rd qtr. to start there comeback. After Jones ran for 48 yards for a td Virginia QB ht Jennings on a 6 yard td pass on the last play of the 3rd. Kentucky scored a td in the 3rd, catchng the cavs in a blitz, QB Newton hit WR King for a 51 yard td pass. Wildcats still lead through 3 24-21. With 3:13 left in the game Virginia QB Metheny hit WR Smith on a 23 yard td pass. Cavs 28-24. Kentucky tried to comeback, but could never make a serious challenge. gg Virginia. Cavs won 28-24

QB Newton 9/17 222 2 tds 1 pick
    HB Williams 12/78 1 td
    WR Cunningham 3/51 1 td
    WR Boyd 2/89
    WR King 2/57 1 td
    CB Rice 7 tackles 1 pick
    OLB Wilson 6 tackles 1 sack
    DE Wyndham 5 tackles 1 sack

• Like Like x 1
  7. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Veyr impressive pnc. Abomb is as tough as they come.

8. pnc

pnc Walk On

Thanks. I thought I had him late 3rd after hitting on the long td, but I couldnt put him away. Maybe next time we meet.

9. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 35
    #24 Florida 31

The wildcats came into the swamp and improved there winning streak to two games over the gators with a huge 2nd half rally sparked by an interception and a fumble on the kickoff return. The first half was back and fourth with the Wildcats scoring two tds on runs from Williams and the Gators two tds coming on a pass of 47 yards and an interception returned from 65 yards. Half 17-14 Gators. The gators built on their advantage scoring on back to back tds in 1:20 of the third qtr. The wildcats finally scored again late Third on a td pass from Newton to Adams from 8 yards out. End third 31-21 Gators. Starting the fourth the gators were leading 31-21 and driving down inside my 20. On third and goal from the 8 Gators QB Watkins slant pass was picked off in the end zone by FS Tyler. The Wildcats gained momentum and never looking back. The Wildcats drove down the field mixing pass/run to gain a td with 3:49 left. The td was a 13 yard pass to collins. Backup OLB Williamson clocked RB Gillislee on the kickoff causing and recovering a fumble setting up the wildcats at the 22. One minute later Newton hit King on a 21 yard td pass to take the lead 35-31. The Gators had two more chances but couldnt drive past my 30. There last drive ended on downs on my 37. two kneel downs and victory was the wildcats.

STATS

QB Newton 12/28 249 3 tds 2 picks
    HB Williams 11/133 2 tds
    WR King 2/52 1 td
    WR Collins 2/35 1 td
    WR Adams 1/9 1 td
    FS Tyler 10 tackles 1 pick
    MLB Muzzle 6 tackles 1 sack
    DE Ukwu 4 tackles 1 sack
    OLB Wilson 4 tackles 1 sack

On A side note: Guys i know game recaps are not inforced in this dynasty, but it would be kind of cool to see how some of your close games unfold. Nothing fancy just a short description of the game. if i remember correctly from last year, there's only 3/4 of us doing recaps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Agreed.

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You didn't even recap our game!

12. pnc

pnc Walk On

My rule is give the winner the recaps then the loser responds. Thats how it is in my other dynasties. I was waiting for you. I figured you would do it after the but whopping you gave me. After a couple days I forget there wasnt one for the game. I did my game with virginia because ive never seen him do one so i didnt think he would.

13. derek

derek Walk On

2 bye weeks in a row! I hate bye weeks

14. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

You haven't seen me do one either haha

15. pnc

pnc Walk On

#6 lsu 20
    Kentucky 10

The tigers, playing at home jumped out in front quick scoring an early td, then using an interception to go up 14-0. the tigers continued to dominate in the 2nd as the teams both added field goals. 17-3 lsu half. Kentucky finally scored a td on a pass to Adams. LSU scored there last points of the game on a field goal. 20-10 lsu through 3. The Wildcats dominated the fourth quarter as LSU only had 1 first down. The wildcats drove inside lsu's 20 on all three possessions, only to have the tigers pick off 3 passes in the redzone. two were in the endzone on great plays(one handed) by linebackers.

STATS

QB Newton 14/28 275 1 td 5 picks
    HB Williams 11/31
    WR Cunningham 3/84
    WR Adams 2/57 1 td
    WR King 3/53
    DE Ukwu 6 tackles 1 sack
    OLB Wilson 4 tackles 1 sack

16. pnc

pnc Walk On

I thought you starting out doing yours. Looking back at the season one thread I guess you didnt either. Doesn't matter either way. I just think its fun to see how other games turn out. Maybe I have to much free time. haha

17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'll do the Wash. State summary tonight. I have had a death in the family in the last few days, so I haven't been able to be around much at all.

18. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I played my USC game tonight, but got the transfer failed notification. Hopefully I can get Alfa to throw these results out, and try again.

19. pnc

pnc Walk On

Kentucky 17
    #1. S. Carolina 7

The upset of the year happened tonight in South Carolina as the unranked wildcats came into the gamecocks den and pulled off the huge upset. The Wildcats, fresh off an embarassing loss last week at lsu, in which Qb Newton threw the game away in the 4th quarter came out fired up and ready to pull off the upset. The Gamecocks, on the other hand, didnt think the wildats had a chance to win and played like it. The weather played into the slower wildcats hands as we were dealing with a steady downpour all game and winds up to 12 miles per hour. The wildcats started strong picking off Qb Shaw on their first posession and running it down the gamecocks throats for a early 7-0 lead. after a dropped third down conversion pass the gamecocks were forced to punt. The Wildcats continued to run the ball driving down the field again for another td. William ran it in from 5 yards out(his 2nd of the game) with 39 seconds left in the first. The 2nd quarter was very sloppy with drops and punts. Kentucky added a 30 yard field goal to give the wildcats a 17-0 halftime advantage. There was no scoring in the third as neither team could move the ball. The gamecocks finally got on the board early fourth with a 3 yard td pass. 4:38 left in the game 17-7 wildcats. The wildcats continued to run the ball as they ran off over two minutes of the clock before Newton was picked off inside there 25. The gamecocks took over posession with 2:17 left. They drove inside my 40 before Cb Neloms was able to grab the wildcats 3rd pick of the game. S. Carolina had one more possession but turned it over on downs. Final Kentucky 17, #1. South Carolina 7.

STATS

QB Newton 7/11 109 yards 0 tds 2 picks
    HB Williams 31 carries 113 yards 2 tds (player of the game)
    WR King 2/17
    WR Adams 2/31
    SS Sanders 3 tackles 1 pick
    CB Neloms 1 tackle 1 pick
    DT Cobble 2 tackes 1 sack
    DE Ukwu 3 tackles 1 sack

• Like Like x 1
  20. derek

derek Walk On

I enjoy the recaps and Ill write them sometimes too but I don't think I'll go so far as to look up all the stats. Ill touch on stats that jump out like 200 yards rushing or 400 passing yards. Unfortunately I have had back to back bye weeks so my players are getting rusty!

21. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

hey guys im interested in joinin your dynasty itz looks real promisin im a active dude and willl get my games in

Name:Hakeem Abdul
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):Xbox and Gho5t9
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone:Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games:Mainly Weekends
    Favorite Teams:Texas Florida North Carolina
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: so a youtube video (JMS)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

NCAA- 2starjdp legit league Madden- yes nuttin serious tho Nba- yes the USBA and NSBA league legit sim leagues

2. How long have you been playing video games? Since 6th grade How long have you been playing online? Since 7th grade

3. What type of player would you say you are? Um fun player I take losses like a man don’t quit out wen im losin

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Itz cool im used to talking to older dudes on xbox they actually funny and cool to me

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I did and nope I think they are perfectly fair

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    love sports games play football senior in high school
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Great cause im mature and not ignorant

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Having fun play my favorite games with other people and making new freinds

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would continue the game then report the proof to the commish after the game

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have taken a great interest in the NCAA football 12 dynasties called – Legends of Saturday, REAL MEN OF GENIOUS, and Coast to Coast R3AL M3N of G3NIUS

hey guys im interested in joinin your dynasty itz looks real promisin im a active dude and willl get my games in

22. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Week 1: Illinois: 41 Ball State: 17

The Illini ran a balanced attack against the Cards. QB Nathan Scheelhaase went 16/20 for 247 and 1 TD but 2 picks. RB Bud Golden, taking over for the graduated Jason Ford, ran for 106 yards and a td. RB Josh Fergusen added a TD and Donnovan Young also added 2 on the ground. WR Spencer Harris had 7 catches for 126 yards and 1 td.

The defense accumulated 3 sacks and 2 picks and was led by FS KJ Picard with 5 tackles.

• Like Like x 1
  23. derek

derek Walk On

Another bye? How did I end up with 3 bye weeks?

24. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Ms State Survives Nevada.

Ms State 45
    Nevada 27

Game was alot closer than the score shows. Wolfpack took a early 27-10 lead into half. The Nevada defense had done their homework on QB Russell picking him off 4 times in the 1st half. But the Bulldogs made some major adjustments coming out in the second half. A QB change to Dylan Farve (Brett Farves nephew) was in order. Farve was just the spark that the Bulldogs needed. Farve came out and went 4 for 4 with 45 yards and and 24 yards rushing. That along with a shutout second half see the Dawgs leave Nevada with a close win.

Was a 31-27 game with with the Wolfpack driving and on the Ms. State 15 when CB M. Wells picks up and return a fumble for a 77 yard TD. The next possesion also see's CB Wells come up big picking of a Nevada pass and returning it for 44 yards and a TD. Well's received the game ball for saving the Bulldogs bacon and looks forward to another big game.

Other notable performances:

L. Perkings 16 carries for 123 yards.

Next the Bulldogs will host #1 South Carolina in a big game in Starkville. Lots of eyes on this game hoping the #1 team takes a hit to open up that spot.

25. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

nice recap it keeps me really interested

• Like Like x 1