Season 2 Divisional Round Preview

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by thebouncer24, Nov 28, 2012.

1. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

had to hurry with the AFC as I was not around right at advance and we have games going, so sorry for the short previews for AFC. Last week I was 1-3. smh. Hope this isn't a jinx to the winners I pick. If it is, I apologize to the selected winners.

[​IMG]

NYJ@JAX
    Jets come into the game off of a win over Cincinnati. Jet’s come in looking for something from the defense. Whether it’s to keep the score down or get some TDs from the defense, they rely on them to keep the offense in the game. Mark Sanchez will continue to play smart and not cost you the game. They are going to look to run to control the game and let Sanchez play his smart game. Bad news for Jet’s they face a defense who is averaging 66 yards but are vulnerable to the pass. Sanchez could have another 200+ game this week and will need it to win.

Jacksonville has had a great year with rookies in main spots. QB Jordan Mapa and two running backs Tobias and DeRay Ray. Coach Hal has said publicly that he believes Tobias is the team's MVP instead of Mapa, others would like to disagree and go with Mapa but Coach knows what he is talking about. His team is 23rd in passing but 5th in rushing. So Mapa might get the fame but Tobias is the game. Jacksonville will continue to run but facing a team that allows just 81 yards per game.

Jet’s pride off of D. Jacksonville prides off of the rookies. Tobias can tear up any defense but Jets are a tough squad. This game can go anyway.

JAX 21-NYJ 17

NE@DEN
    Patriots came into the game losing the yardage war but won the score war and we all know which is more important. Patriots are a no surprise here, they are looking to throw and Denver allows over 225 yards per game. Broncos can get to the quarterback by averaging 3 a game. Rumor is that New England is without Aaron Hernadez. Will this hurt the Patriots ways?

Denver is 5th in total yards and being 5th in passing and 13th in rushing. They put up a ton of points to. Osweiler is smart with the ball and won’t make many mistakes. He does have a tendency to be shaky in the playoffs, but that was last year. A full year starting might make it different as Denver will be relying on him.

Short but quick because this game is started. In the end Denver scores too much

Den 38 - NE 31

[​IMG]

ATL@STL
    Falcons won the Wildcard Round in a 24-21 victory over the 49ers. They put up over 300 yards and 90 yards rushing while holding Kapernick to 6/15 passing and held Frank Gore to 88 yards. Now they face the Rams who are only giving up 155 yards passing and 80 yards rushing. Keep in mind that 155 yard average. The Falcons tore up the ‘rock solid’ defense that I quoted in my last preview. Can they shred this defense too? If so, they quickly go to the top on my Super Bowl Prediction

Rams come into the game off of a first round bye. Based on stats this team comes in well balanced and seem to be able to win in any way. Sam Bradford is in talks of MVP this year and top of the charts for Comeback Player of the year. Averaging over 220 yards throwing per game and 30 tds with 12 INTs. The running attack seems to be a stronger side of their game with Steven Jackson and Pead averaging 4 and 6 yards per carry respectfully.

This game is very even in terms of offense. Matt Ryan seems to have the edge on Sam Bradford but STL dual rushing attack is better than Michael Turner on average. This game comes down to the defense in which Rams get to the QB more and have more INTs, Matt Ryan seems to be okay against some pressure as he found success versus 49ers. The Passing attack from ATL is a good counter against Rams run, but Atlanta is weaker against the run than most teams. They may have a problem against the dual attack
    STL 27- ATL 21

DAL@GB
    Dallas not only took my words and laughed at it, he used my words to fuel the fire. By not only beating New Orleans, beating is too nice of a word, the word shredded comes to mind in a 30-3 win. OUCH. They did it by throwing which was predicted. Tanner Hurns is the real deal by throwing for 200+ and 2 TDs but the defensive was overlooked on my end. 2 sacks 3 ints holding Brees to 113 and rushing to 80. Man, Bob must of took his spark before this game. Now he gets to face a D that is giving up more passing yards on average than NO was. LOOK OUT. Tanner Hurns could carry Dallas to another win here.

Green Bay is lead by MVP front runner Aaron Rodgers, whether you like it or not CA and MG. He is averaging over 280 yard passing with 46 TDs and 13 INTs all that and only being sacked 24 times. Someone pay that O-Line. Rodgers is hitting 70% of his passes. Playing a defense that is more vulnerable to the run and fresh off a performance of shutting down Brees. Cowboys know how to stop the pass. They will have a whole new test against Rodgers and the Packers.

This game I am pegging as the high score of the week for 1 reason, these are 2 passing teams that will look to put up huge numbers. I went against Hurns in the first game and he proved me wrong. Now he is facing a more favorable defense to the pass. A lot of respect to Rodger’s but Dallas D seems to know how to stop a passing attack.

DAL 31 - GB 24

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  3. thebouncer24

i picked you to win this time

4. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    WOW..

someone post the epic fail pic..

where's my damn Spark...FML

5. thebouncer24

my fault i see what you were talking about..i had it for NFC different than AFC. I fixed it

I had just typed 1 team name and that was the winner instead of putting both team names..idk what i was doing lol

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3