Season 2: Florida-Georgia hate

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Ben, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Walk On

Jul 2, 2012
    "The Worlds Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party"
    Last season was the first installment of this game in Chompions League and what a game it was. Florida won the game by the score of 38-35 in a very close contest. Tonight will be a rematch in the annual hate game between these two teams. Georgia hasn't won back to back games in this rivalry since 1989 and for the past decade, Florida has beat Georgia 7 times. It's no surprise that Georgia is hungry for a win. Today one of the most important games in the rivalries history will be played in Jacksonville. Both teams are undefeated, both are ranked inside the top 5, both teams are in the same division, and whoever wins this game will most likely represent the SEC East in the conference championship game.

Here's what some of the players had to say about this game, going into this weeks practice.
    QB, Jacoby Brissett said, "We don't like them and they don't like us.", he said jokingly. "To us this is our most important game of the season. We mark this game down right when we get our schedule. If we don't win this game, we and our fans will be disappointed."
    WR, Andre DeBose said, "You know last year we beat these guys in a close game. I feel we are better this year and so are they, so it will be another close game."
    MLB, Michael Taylor said, "I really dislike these guys. Its more than just a game when you take the field in Jacksonville. You can feel the tension and hatred in the air, it's electric."
    QB Aaron Murray said, "You know their players are going to talk and our guys are going to say things. The media is just looking for a soundbite. I need to stay focused at the task at hand. This game means everything to the people in Athens."
    WR, Michael Bennett said, "This will be my first time experiencing the atmosphere and anxiety of this game. I know I'll have butterflies, but I think that they will go away after the first few plays. All I hear is fans and players talking about the history of this one game. I can't wait to play in it! "
    OLB, Chase Vasser said, "My advice to the young guys is to stay focused. This game can really go to your head. The noise from the crowd is like nothing I've ever experienced before. It is absolutely insane how loud that stadium gets." He went on to say, "We will be ready to play."

This rivalry may have lost some steam over the past few decades because of Florida's dominance, but if you ask some of the old timers they will tell you, Florida-Georgia rivalry is one of the best to ever be played. Some might even argue it's better than the Michigan-Ohio State Rivalry. Best of luck to both teams!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Aug 4, 2012
    Can't wait to see the outcome of this one. Definitely one of the best user games of the year, good luck to the both of you