Season 2 Free Agency Recap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jmustang1968, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    I want everyone who signed FAs to participate in this thread. We have a great league with content being the only thing lacking at times. I, along with the co-commishes, will be monitoring things like content and scheduling with more scrutiny this year. We have a full league and guys are wanting in. This is an expectation of being a member, not just a voluntary type of thing.

Capt Crunch
    GMONEY 15
    dj illmatic 23
    The Richuation
    Troy J.
    Robert Foster
    Butcher Black
    Any Given Saturday
  2. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Oct 17, 2012
    Lions signed no FAs. Must be my breath.
    • Like Like x 1

Oct 30, 2009
    Only ended up grabbing Dominique Franks to add some depth to the secondary. Was going after Golden Tate and Carlos Dunlap but wasnt able to get either of them.
  4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Jul 14, 2010
    Colts signings:

HB Ben Tate - 83 ovr - More of a resigning due to trade bug, but we get our starting HB to return.

HB Knowshown Moreno - 79 ovr - Our new backup HB and 3rd down back. His signing may make Donald Brown expendable. We really like his receiving skills out of the backfield

T Zebrie Sanders & Marhsall Newhouse - 74/75 ovr
    G Zane Beadles - 75 ovr - complete rehaul of our O-line depth. We grab some solid guys who can get the job done n a pinch

DE Lawrence Sidbury - 84 ovr - With the loss of star Freeney due to retirement, we needed a fill in. Sidbury should come in and be our starter opposite Mathis while last years rookie Thomas gets another year of seasoning. Sidbury is athletic and should put pressure on opposing QBs.

DT Henry Melton - 85 ovr - We are very excited by Melton who comes in replacing Klug. Melton has SS progression and has a ton of potential.
  5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Sep 3, 2012
    Ravens Off Season Signings
    WR- Mike Williams::3stars:Mike will become the Ravens #1 WR after the departure of Anquan Boldin. Torrey Smith belongs as a #2 or 3 even.​
    WR - Arrelious Benn: :1stars:Benn will struggle to stay on the active roster and was a backup plan if Williams didn't sign. Benn would see work out of the "X" position due to his run blocking ability.​
    TE - Charles Clay: :2stars:Clay will be the teams 3rd string TE and backup FB. Adding solid depth to a very injury prone TE section.​
    MLB - Daryl Washington::5stars: The highly sought after middle linebacker decided to come take over for the retired Ray Lewis. Lewis was the one who gave him the final speech which pulled Washington to Baltimore. Washington will step in and add an instant impact at the linebacker position. His addition marks the end of Jovan Belcher.​
    ROLB - D.J. Williams::4stars: After being chased out of Denver by the sensation Von Miller. The Ravens were happy to pick up his versatility and leadership. Williams solid speed, great tackling and superb cover skills allow the Ravens to run a 4-3 with out having moron LBs attempting to cover down field.​
    • Like Like x 2
  6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Dec 30, 2010
    The Chargers only managed to pick up WR Steve Smith and DT Mike Patterson. Mike Patterson was a huge pick up now that the Chargers are abandoning the 3-4 defense and switching to a 4-3. He can really help plug in the gaps and stop the run if it's needed. Steve Smith helps out the wide receiving core and can definitely run routes and give the corners a hard time.
  7. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Dec 11, 2010
    Raiders Sign​
    HB - B.Wells :4stars: - needed some insurance since three of my top RB's went on IR last season​
    WR J.Morgan :4stars: - great run blocker on a young WR corp​
    WR K.Ogletree :3stars: - just another option​
    LE D.Simpson :1stars: - space filled​
    LOLB W.Woodyard :5stars: - steal of the FA offseason for me, unless there's something wrong with the guy I don't know about.​
    MLB J.Narcisse :4stars: class act on special teams fits nicely in blitz packs as well.​
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  8. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Aug 18, 2010
    FA Recap

Dolphins reload at WR by signing Kenny Britt and golden Tate to go along with OROY Harold clowney to give Flacco solid receivers to throw to.

Dolphins also signed CB Bruce Johnson for depth....

Look for Miami to pick up a few more players after the draft for depth
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Mar 15, 2012
    Green Bay does it again, Lands one of the biggest fish in the FA Pool this year, Aaron Hernandez joins an already high powered O

Hernandez :5stars: 24 years young, all smiles after announcing that he and Green Bay have come to terms on a 7 year deal....​

Green Bay | Coach CT is coming off a disappointing season, that was filled with injuries to keys starters. Hopefully, the depth that he has created now can help the Pack sustain any epic loss of personnel. Going into the Draft, the 53 man roster is nearly set, just adding some youth at various positions. Green Bay was able to pick up Roger Saffold :3stars: 26 yo, 80 overall at LT, William Gay :3stars: 29 yo, 80 overall at CB, and Reshad Jones:4stars:29 yo, 81 overall at SS....All of these guys will be immediate starters and fill needs.​
  10. Butcher Black

Butcher Black Walk On

Dec 8, 2012
    The Landry's reunite in Mile High. The Broncos landed the highly sought after FS LaRon Landry and also snagged his brother SS Dawan Landry. In addition to the defense the Broncos added FB Michael Robinson, WR's Mario Manningham and Santana Moss along with much needed support to the offensive line at all positions.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  11. mmorgan184

mmorgan184 Walk On

Sep 15, 2011
    The Saints were able to re-sign TE Jimmy Graham, FB Jed Collins, WR Devery Henderson, and FS Michael Jenkins. We really didn't have enough money to make a splash.
  12. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Oct 19, 2011
    Panthers didn't do too well in the original free agency but we did sign these two pieces.

P- Matt McBriar- We were in need of a solid punter and McBriar seemed like a safe option.

DE- Greg Hardy- We couldn't resign Greg in the off season so he hit free Agency and we were lucky to get to bring him back in.

After the off season, we signed all of these players to 1 year contracts.

QB- Jordan Jefferson- Needed a back up QB for Cam and Jefferson isn't anything special, but he won't be getting too many snaps either so we had no need to sign a superstar back up.

WR- Deon Butler - With Steve Smith retiring, we were left with 2 receivers on the roster. We signed Deon Butler to bring some speed. Looks like he'll be our slot guy.

WR- Jericho Cotchery- Thought when we signed him he'd be our number one option, but it looks like this possession guy will be the 4th receiver. He'll make some good grabs for us though this season I'm sure.

RT- Kareem McKenzie- Drafted 2 RT's this year but neither one of them turned out to be ready to play quite yet. We signed Kareem to start for us and I'm hoping he'll do a good job.

LE- Rob Ninkovich- After signing Hardy, I didn't think we'd have a need for another DE but when I saw Ninkovich, I had to pick him up. He'll start the opposite side of Charles Johnson and I'm expecting a big year from this solid player.

DT- Ty Warren- Ty will start in the 4-3 for us and I think this was one of our better signings this offseason. Looking forward to him and Henderson stopping up the middle.

FS- Ryan Clark- Made a bid on him in the original free agency but not surprised I got shot down. He ended up signing with us the 2nd time around and he'll start from day 1. Expecting a good season from this hard hitter.

As you can see, the Panthers will look like a completely new team with these signings and all of my rookies I signed in the draft.
  13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Feb 21, 2011
    HB Danny Woodhead - Perfect signing for the West Coast system, should play decent minutes and will look to be a threat catching passes out of the backfield.

CB Tim Jennings - Nice signing, strengthens up a very weak secondary.

DT Tyson Alualu - Good pass rusher, will pair well with Kevin Williams on the inside of the d-line.
  14. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

Mar 27, 2012
    HB. 81 Ovr. Toby Gerhart, Needed a backup to Michael Bush and got a young, power runner to spell him.
    HB. 72 Ovr. James Starks, He did not want to resign during the season but I persuaded him later. A fast compliment to both the power backs.
    RG. 70 Ovr. Jaques McClendon, Back up that was on the team in year one.
    FS. 84 Ovr. Dwight Lowery, Our prize. Needed more of a playmaker. I love Brandin Hardin and he will still be in our plans especially in running situations, but wanted more of a cover guy for the passing formations.

The after draft free agent pick ups:

QB. Jason Campbell, Comes back after having been traded during year one. Strong arm that won't get playing time as long as Cutler is upright.
    TE. Gary Barnidge, Since we lost out on the Aaron Hernandez sweep stakes, we needed a receiving TE to help the passing game. Also a pretty good blocker.
    CB. Phillip Adams, Depth in the secondary is a plus in this day and age. Phillip will be fourth as we look to give EJ Biggers a chance to be #3.
    K. Mike Nugent, The "Nuge" is coming to Chicago. He had the strongest leg of the group and replaces the recently cut kicker that we drafted.

I give myself a "C" in free agency. No home run but a few guys that should really help.
  15. DirtSouthDan

DirtSouthDan Walk On

Oct 17, 2012
    I was unable to sign any prime players during the free agent bidding, which might have been a blessing in disguise. Some guys WAY overpaid for players and will suffer the cap consequences down the line.

But I had a list of guys I wanted to sign after the draft. Luckily I landed everyone I wanted except LB T Howard.

Detroit Lions sign:

DT Gerald McCoy - How this young stud made it through the bidding process without a single offer is a complete mystery. McCoy and Suh will terrorize offensive lines this year, while Nick Fairley will continue his role as backup.

TE DJ Williams - I was hoping to put a rookie at the third TE spot, but couldn't scout any after spending all my points elsewhere in the draft. After being waived by the Packers, due to the signing of Hernandez, Williams will fill a need and play with a chip on his shoulder. Look out Green Bay!

LOLB Quincy Black - Primary backup at the ROLB and LOLB positions. Fast and experienced. But at 30 years old, a youth movement and his salary demands found him looking for work. He'll be a welcome addition to the Lions roster, which was very thin at the backup LB position last season.

ROLB Jamar Chaney - Might make the final roster as a third string backup. It all depends on the rookie waiver and cuts made by other teams in the league. The jury is still out.

CB Charles Tillman - My first priority was a decent backup or even a starter at strong safety. But I was unable to scout any SS in the draft, after spending almost all my scout points on MLB, LG and the WR positions. Don't get me wrong, Spievey is a great player. He gained much experience under Woodson, but is still lacking in a few key areas. When I saw Tillman was available, I immediately remembered how Woodson was once a staring cornerback. Tillman's hit power is higher than Spievey, his man and zone coverage are better than any cornerback on the Lion's roster and he has amazing hands. Surprisingly, he has a higher overall rating at SS than CB. Tillman will start at strong safety.

K Dan Bailey - Cheap with a powerful leg. What's not to like?
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  16. Raidernation

Dec 11, 2010
    :eek: DAMMIT !!!!! He's the truth ask everyone I scraped with him last Madden lucky SOB man. You just picked him up huh? trade you for him.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Raidernation

Dec 11, 2010
    no really .... wanna trade for him ......
  18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Jul 18, 2010
    Seattle Seahawks

Seattle went after a handful of guys that refused to resign. We went back after them and got the lot of them.

DT Alan Branch
    CB Brandon Browner
    RT Breno Giacomini
    RT Byron Bell
    WR Jason Avant
    FS Justin Bethel
    WR Doug Baldwin
    DT Darell Scott
    HB Bernard Pierce

and a rather strong armed QB, Josh Freeman

Seattle is locked and loaded to make another playoff run this year.
  19. Raidernation

Dec 11, 2010
    Had I not found the legendary Carter ... he was the #2 option, very nice grab (y)