Season 2 Game Recaps

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Wyrmreaver, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

all user games must have a recap posted by the victor. CPU games encouraged but not required

2. Wyrmreaver

Maryland survives a 34-31 two OT thriller at UCLA

The Bruins got on the board first when their opening drive resulted in a 30 yard FG. Maryland answered back with a TD when Young floated a pass past a defender and Stefon Diggs tiptoed the back of the endzone for a 7 yard TD. UCLA would get another FG on their next drive to cut the lead to just 1 at 7-6. Maryland would have a couple chances to score before the half, but a punt and an INT in the endzone in the waning seconds kept the game close. After a second INT by the Terps in as many tries, UCLA was back on the move and finally found the endzone when Brent Hundley took an option keeper in to give his team the lead. The 2 point conversion would make it 14-7 Bruins. A couple plays later the Terps would even things up when Stefon Diggs was left in single coverage off of play action resulting in a 49 yard TD toss. After a Bruins turnover the Terps had the ball past midfield, but the UCLA defense would step up with a big stop. After a nice punt pinned the Bruins deep, the Terps defense would make one of the biggest plays of the game. The HB would get a handoff outside, but a linebacker would shoot the gap and make a big hit jarring the ball loose! FS AJ Hendy would scoop it up and waltz in from the 5 to give his team a 21-14 lead. UCLA would answer back and score with 2:30 left to even things up. Afterwards, the Bruins defense would step up near midfield with a huge sack to stop the Terps from closing things out in regulation.

In overtime, Maryland got it first and HB Ross would scoot in from 13 yards out. UCLA would answer on a pretty 9 yard pass into the back corner that just barely snuck over the coverage underneath. UCLA would get it again and would settle for a FG to go up just 3 in the second overtime. On 2nd and goal from the 4, UCLA loaded up against the run upon seeing a TE and a FB on the field, but a quick slant pass caught them off guard and Stefon Diffs snagged his 3rd TD of the day to give his team the win.

GG RealUteRaven4rmLA

3. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Boy, do I have my work cut out for me this year.:nailbiting:

4. Wyrmreaver

yeah, Pac 12 is no joke this year and you all play each other....

5. WarEagle2

WarEagle2 Walk On

Blowout win for Baylor over Rice owls 44-7. Bryce Petty was spot on completing 76% of his passes and 3 touchdowns with no picks. Lache Seastrunk carried the ball 23 times for 154 yards and 2 TDs.

Baylor's defense came to play giving up only 106 yards total and forcing 3 turnovers. Very good win to start of the season .

Stat of the game- Baylor total yards 383 to Rice 106
    Player of the game- Baylor Defense

Good Game qclassic 22

6. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

gg It's gonna be a long year for me

7. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

GEORGIA STATE AVENGES DISRESPECTFUL LOSS AGAINST NORTHWESTERN

The score was 21-14. Fourth down, and the Georgia State Panthers had a chance to knot the game up and have a shot at overtime. However, a Ronnie Bell pass proved to only be a fleeting desperation heave. The Panther defense assumed the field, expecting the Northwestern Wildcats to run out the clock, as only seconds remained. Instead, Kain Colter audibled at the line and called a pass play. 94 yards later, Rashad Evans pranced into the end zone as time expired, giving the Wildcats an exaggerated 28-14 victory.
    That was last year.
    "So disrespectful," bemoaned junior halfback George Howse. "I've carried that play in my mind for a whole year. For a whole year, I waited for this day."
    The day Howse speaks of was yesterday's rematch with the Wildcats; and his wait was not in vain. He finished the day with 154 yards on 19 carries and a touchdown on the ground. He also had a 53 yard touchdown reception on a screen pass. Quarterback Ronnie Bell, whose 3 interceptions greatly hindered the Panthers chances of victory of last year, was efficient in completing 11 of 19 passes for 149 yards and two touchdowns without a turnover.
    Still, the elder Panthers offensive prowess would have gone for naught but for the defensive efforts of freshman Joel Hayden. A three-star free safety starting in his first collegiate game, Hayden played like a seasoned veteran, intercepting two passes, one of which he returned for a 63 yard touchdown, giving the Panthers an early 14-0 lead that they would milk the rest of the way.
    The games highlight, for Howse at least, came on the game's last play. A fourth down, much like last years, the Panthers had kneeled down the prior two snaps in attempts to run out the clock. The Wildcats took the field in a punt return formation, hoping for a miracle return to tie the game and send it to overtime. Instead, from 60 yards out, the Panthers handed the ball to Howse. And he bullied and stormed and otherwise powered his way through the Wildcats defense, leaving a path of purple jerseys lying in his wake. His journey would see him run 59 yards--- a yard short of the redemption Howse truly sought; a garbage-time touchdown to make the taste of victory a bit sweeter for he and his mates, and the taste of defeat all the more bitter for the losers.
    "Yeah, that would've been the storybook ending," lamented Howse, "Revenge is a dish best served cold. Six points right there would've been so cold."

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jamie

Jamie Walk On

UCF 24 GSU 17

The game was too good to wait for a tomorrow review. The game isn't played by ratings or overalls. The game is played by people who adjust and go after weeknesses. If we went by overalls, UCF should have won by 80. Overalls are worn.

GSU got the ball first and after a first down, the drive stalled. UCF went down the field and scored a FG. 3-0 UCF

Second Quarter action. After Bell threw an interception, UCF went down and scored a TD. 10-0 UCF. A route is born, right? That's why we play the games. GSU comes right back as there running game gets on track. Cunningham from three yards out, 10-7 UCF at halftime.

Nothing happened in the third quarter. Fast forward to the fourth. Where GSU is in scoring position. Wicked good ground game that UCF could not stop. Even when we new it was coming. Howse from 5 yards out. GSU takes a 14-10 lead. "Sometimes we play better when we are down", Coach Wolf said after the game. Indeed, he was right. UCF used a balanced attack to score, although a little to quick for Coaches taste, as Bortles hit Perriman with a 45 yard bomb over two defenders. 17-14 UCF. GSU comes right back, and instead of the patient approach that Wolf was expecting, QB Bell started firing. Three quick completions and GSU was already in field goal position with under two minutes to play. Then GSU implored the ground and pound. First and goal, run up the middle for 2 yards. Second and goal, read option that UCF was blitzing on and impact LB Plummer sniffed out for loss of 4. Third down and 9 seconds left, Bell threw to the far corner where it was almost picked off. The GSU kicker came out and drilled a pressure filled 29 yarder for the tie and one second left on the clock. GSU decides to pooch the kickoff and it goes to the TE Davis. He runs up a couple yards, breaks to his right and immediately laterals to WR/KR Rannell Hall. Hall has daylight down the edge and narrowly avoids a tackle 12 yards up and promptly sprints 51 more yards for the improbable last second victory! 24-17.

Coach Wolf immediately got a text from his adversary that read simply, "wow". Wow indeed! And then three other texts that we can not read over the air!! J/K!

Five_Fifs Best game yet! Your team may be in the sixties ratings wise but you get 90's talent out of them. Admittedly, I'm not very good at the offensive side of the game. But you do a better job at confusing me than anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  9. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

i feel like i won that game, purely because i stopped that last second run to the 1yd line.

it's those moral victories that i take with me.

:D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wyrmreaver

Holy crap!?! a squib kick lateral kick return TD to win it?!?! Please tell me that shit is on the wire and somebody can put it in a format that can be posted in the forums!

11. justca11mejuice

justca11mejuice Walk On

Northwestern moves to 1-1 with victory over Rice

The Wildcats hosted the Owls during week 2 of the 2014 campaign, each team looking for their first victory of the season. Rice, having been blown out by Baylor and Northwestern losing a thrilling game to Georgia State.

Rice won the coin toss and chose to kick off to Northwestern. the first drive of the game worked well for Northwestern, going with their running game until the passing game opened up. Treyvon Green scored on a 1yd TD run up the gut to break the ice, and put the purple & black up 7-0 in front of the home crowd. Rice got the ball and kept the clock moving, eventually scoring early in the second quarter, on a Maurice Charles 3yd run. getting the ball back, Northwestern would have to settle for a FG before half time. Northwestern went to the locker room up 10-7.

Rice got the ball to open up the second half but a missed FG proved to be costly as the Wildcats had great ball position to start their drive. Simien found YoungbloodAry on a deep 35yd pass, which the junior wideout caught at the goal line for the score. the Owls next drive was cut short on an INT from Driphus Jackson. Treyvon Green eventually ran in his second TD of the contest, to put Northwestern up 24-7. on the kick-off, the receiver hand the ball knocked loose by the Wildcats gunner, and Simien found YoungbloodAry for his second TD of the game. in just over 3 minutes in the third quarter, Northwestern had exploded for 21pts.

Rice got the ball back and managed to score on a 4yd passing play from Jackson to Parks, cutting the deficit to 17. that's as close as they would get as Northwestern kept moving the chains to eventually run out the clock. learning from their immature ways last season, Northwestern chose sportsmanship and not putting more points on the board.

Rice - 14
    Northwestern - 31

key stats:
    Northwestern:
    Simien - 11/16, 219yds, 2 TD
    Green - 25 rushes, 118yds, 2 TD
    YoungbloodAry - 5 catches, 102yds, 2 TD / Prater, 5 catches, 82yds
    6/7 on 3rd downs

Rice:
    Jackson - 12/18, 195yds, 1 TD, 1 INT
    Charles - 9 rushes, 21yds, 1 TD
    Taylor - 5 catches, 89yds
    6 players had at least one catch
    held to only 55yds total rushing yards

great game qclassic 22... that was fun. thought it was going to be a shootout for the first few drives. some bad luck for your squad helped me a ton. my defense couldn't stop your passing game.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  12. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

yeah gg justca11mejuice that fumble put me out of it. I just wish my defense could stop somebody.

13. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

My dude, playing u is always a pleasure......every game is a classic. Usually I break the hearts, but that squib-lateral-sprint return was a-fucking-mazing......all I could do was be shocked. It was too incredible a play for me to even realize that I should be upset that I missed pulling out a stunner......I actually went to work today and told folks about my loss. How often does that happen?????

Great job on your part. It would be very easy to say to hell with it once I came back and took the league

dude

• Like Like x 1
  14. Five_Fifs

Five_Fifs Walk On

Lol I feel ya

15. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

#16 Cal Rides First Half To Road Win Over #14 Ole Miss

Ole Miss won the toss and elected to defer. Cal's vaunted offense wasted no time getting down the field as QB Kline used his legs and TE Rodgers to break off intermediate plays. QB Kline literally punched it in himself to open the scoring. Cal's defense answered the bell with a 3 and out and a near-pick from CB Jackson. After a 21 yard rush from HB Ervin, the Bears seemed to be calm in the harsh environment, but the situation got much worse when QB Kline pitched the ball into a defender's back and Ole Miss' defense recovered. QB Wallace used the momentum to drive down the field with a couple of big pass plays, getting his team on the board with a 29 yard TD pass to WR Sanders. The theme of the day was established on the next drive, as QB Kline took an option keeper into yards of open space. Not to be mistaken for a track star, he was eventually taken down from behind, but not before running for 70 yards. He held on to another option to score once more, and Ole Miss got the ball back, needing to respond. 14-7 Cal after one.

QB Wallace had his first red zone mistake of the day when he threw a bullet into the chest of OLB McCain on the goal line. QB Kline started the next drive with a 32 yard run, propelling the Bears to a 6 play, 80 yard scoring drive, ended by WR Treggs from 18 yards out. HB Walton and the Rebels responded hastily with a 5 yard TD drive of the same yardage. The Rebels rush defense took its hardest hit on the first play of the next drive. QB Kline kept a triple option down the left side, and a quick juke of the safety gave him 68 yards of free grass, cruising into his 3rd rushing TD of the day. Ole Miss had their first option blunder of the day when QB Wallace pitched it into a Cal defender, and FS Sebastian picked up the loose ball and was tackled. The Bears pounded the ball in from there in 5 plays, extending their lead to 21. QB Wallace did a solid job leading his team down the field to end the half, but another red zone mistake led to a goal line interception from SS Lowe. However, SS Lowe was just barely over the line as he gained possession, and the unaware safety was taken down in the endzone for a safety. 35-16 Cal at the half.

Understanding the potency of the Cal offense, Ole Miss decided to play ball control in the second half. They opened the 3rd quarter with a grueling 12 play drive that ended in a touchdown. The drive took all but one minute out of the frame. The Rebels' defense was able to knock Cal off the field in 3 plays, so the Rebs had life moving into the 4th. 35-23 Cal.

The Rebels continued their ball control, successfully moving down the field, but the Bears' defensive line came through in the clutch. While defending their half of the field, the Bears rattled off 3 consecutive sacks, from the 3 defensive tackles on the depth chart. The Rebels were unable to convert the resulting 4th and long, allowing the Bears' offense to grind away the remainder of the clock. 35-23 Cal.

QB Kline: 6/10, 103 yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs, 12 att, 195 yards, 3 TDs
    HB Lasco: 10 att, 59 yards, 1 TD, 1 rec, 13 yards
    WR Treggs: 2 rec, 34 yards, 1 TD

QB Wallace: 19/26, 295 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 6 att, -13 yards
    HB Walton: 20 att, 139 yards, 1 rec, 2 yards
    WR Moncrief: 5 rec, 114 yards

GG RobbyB34, turnovers were the difference in this one. And Kline's legs, obviously. Still hate getting the ball rammed down my throat like that :(. Walton isn't even that good!

16. Wyrmreaver

12 carries by a pocket (balanced?) QB and only ten by the HB... Never had an issue so I assume this game was a little bit of a one off.

17. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Balanced. And I'm running the option...I don't really have control over who gets carries.

18. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Also, 2 Kline kneeldowns and 3 non-Lasco carries.

19. Wyrmreaver

Since when are you an option team? Spread or flex or pistol or cheesy combo? ;)

20. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Since I posted my playbook and offensive gameplan in the season 1 playbooks thread. I've been very transparent about my offense.

We are not the spread - we line up big with 2 WRs on the field most of the time. Multiple backs and TE/FB types.
    We are not the fleXbox One - I don't have a single fleXbox One formation.

Big sets while not under center.

21. Wyrmreaver

Wasn't accusing you of hiding it. I just must have missed it. I'll go back and look before we play. :)

22. RobbyB34

RobbyB34 Walk On

Was not cheese. It was my OLB's getting held up and my safeties unable to attack like they should. Plus I f**ked up and gave the damn ball away. I am build around 0 turnovers and if I mess up my game is over. I couldn't stop his QB at all. My d-line looked like a freaking middle school team. And my CB's couldn't pick his poorly thrown balls.. It was a good win for him. I don't think I have ever had a drive that long before but it shows what I need to do more.