Season 2 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by mcyork, Aug 24, 2010.

1. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Season 2 Game Summaries

AU WINS ON THE PLAINS
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7
    Teams 1st 2nd 3rd 4th Final
    UT 7 0 7 13 27
    AU 7 17 3 3 30

Auburn starts the season off right. The #24 AU tigers hosted the #16 Texas Longhorns today in a match up of early top 25 teams. The Tigers outlasted the Longhorns 30-27. The game was never in doubt until the last 2 min. The Tigers with their second unit in the game fumbled the ball on a pitch to the outside and the UT DB picked it up and scampered 69 yards for the score to bring the team to within 3 points. The onside kick was then recovered by Auburn who ran the clock out. The Tigers got some good news today as the #1 TE recruit in the country chose Auburn as his college team. The 6'2" 252 lb senior to be Ray Rosario from Cordele GA made his decision before kickoff and Coach York seemed to use this momentum to fire up his players and soundly defeat the Longhorns. The starting Defense only gave up 14 points. The 13 scored in the 4th was given up by the 2nd string. The Tigers had a 24-7 lead at halftime.

Players of the game
    Offense:SR QB Cameron Newton 18-29 for 273 yards and 76 yards on the ground
    Defense:FR MLB Jason Doyle He had 7 solo tackles and 1 TFL

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here we are, get after it boys!!

3. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Tennessee 42 Wisconsin 17

The Volunteers came out looking strong in their season opener against #7 Wisconsin. The game was never in question as the Vols dominated for the onset. Senior QB Matt Simms went 16-27 with 4 touchdowns and 0 INTs. The Vols look to Fresno St. and a trip out west next before they get into the meat of their schedule with the Gators in 2 weeks.

4. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#11 Florida State over Cinci 24-20

First win for FSU in their pro combat unis, after a solid 21 point first quarter the Seminoles couldn't manage to sustain drives or get Cinci off the field on 3rd and 4th down.

EJ Manual played a pretty good game, but missed some targets and threw a pick. He will have to use his legs more than Ponder did last year, but we feel that he will be dangerous in that area.

Chris Thompson did a great job taking over with the departure of Jermaine Thomas. He racked up 117 yards and 2 TDs on 19 carries, and was named player of the game. He also had 50 yards receiving.

Junior DT Jacobbi McDaniel had one hell of a performance!! Not only did he lead the team in tackles with 10, yes 10, solos..he also had a fumble recovery for a TD. BEAST!

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Boise got away with one last season....

This season they werent so fortunate. A 21 point run to end the second put Boise away before half time.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Week 1
    Florida- 49
    Wash- 0

Gainesville, FL (AP) -- The Gators did the rest of the Nation a favor this weekend, exposing the #8 Washington Huskies and their fraudulent pre-season ranking. There was no way this Husky squad should have been rated this high after losing Jake Locker and it was proven in the worst way week 1. They had nothing on offense, and I mean NOTHING. Florida's defense, if it were even possible, has gotten faster it would seem. Holding a D-1 team to 106yd of total offense is no easy feat. And the offense, who has always been there, looked unstoppable. Every throw was on the money, as evidenced by a specific Brantley-dime-dropping that went into triple coverage over the back of a pursuing LB who never saw it coming. Demps was in "beast-mode", especially on special teams where he could have a huge impact this year.

The Real interesting story from this game was getting a peek at :5stars: Elite 11 QB Brian Covington. The highly-touted recruit came in and performed wonderfully, completing 6/8 passes for 102yd, and he even notched his first career TD. Covington's game has already drawn comparisons to Chris Leak who, for what it's worth, did win a National Championship at UF after guaranteeing one his during his recruitment. B.C. Doesnt have that kind of arrogance however, and is a more cerebral QB that leads by example.

Coach Max was asked about Brian during a post-game press conference and answered "We are happy as can be Brantley came back for his Senior year. We feel it was the right move for us as a program, and for him personally. But yea, I see what you're saying ...maybe we didnt need him as bad as we thought we did".

It was all hugs and handshakes after week 1 for the Gators. Next week, Florida looks to continue their success as they travel North to take on West Vriginia in Morgantown before their 1st SEC game of the season with Tenn in The Swamp.

Brantley
    14/16 224yd 3TD

Covington
    6/8 102yd 1TD

Demps
    232 All-Purpose yd (144 PR) 2TD

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Miami 30, Penn State 7

On a rainy day, Miami rolls into Beaver Stadium and methodically rips the Nittany Lions. The defense was stout and QB Jacory Harris took what the defense gave him.

Would write up more, but thanks to not being at home and the dynasty wire site not working for me, I've got nothing.

Next up for the Hurricanes is a matchup with LSU. This will be a big test of the new offensive playbook and a chance to see just how improved this defense is from last year.

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Week 2
    UF- 58
    WVU- 3

Morgantown, WV (AP) -- Wow. No one outside of Gator Nation was expecting this outcome. This one was a laugher at half. Coach Max pulled his starters early in the third, but continued to "run [his] offense" with the 2nd stringers. You could say the younger guys were "hungry", as the Gators pumped out 21 points in the 3rd quarter pushing the score up to 51-3. Thats when Coach Max called off the dogs as WVU was obviously struggling.

How much can be said about a blowout like this? The Gators offense was humming against the 3-3-5, and Demps broke the big one we were all waiting for (a 68yd TD scamper from shotgun). The defense, both 1st and second string, was everywhere. They blew up West Virginia's East/West run game in the backfield, and were in Geno Smith's ear hole every time he dropped back to throw. No turnovers at all in this game, which is rare for this team especially in rainy conditions like they had this weekend. It wasnt the best day for passing the ball, but the air-attack was still effective.

That brings us to our continuing spotlight coverage of true Freshman QB Brian Covington. B.C. took over the offense early in the third and looked very sharp once again. He was facing the Mountaineer's 1st string D and didnt miss a beat, completing 5 passes on 5 attempts, one was taken into the endzone by Mike Gillislee off a RB screen. "Stand tall, young man!" was the call from the commentators as the 6'5 Frosh made almost all his throws under heavy pressure. Covington is sure to have success at this level and with a stud (RS)Freshman RB running mate, could really make some noise in the SEC by the time his career is over.

Next week the Gators host #24 Tennessee in The Swamp. UF put it on the Vols last season at Neyland, and will have to bring their A-game against a Tenn team out for blood.

Brantley
    18/29 257yd 2TD

Covington
    5/5 100yd 1TD

Demps
    195 All-Purpose Yards 1TD

Mack Brown (RS)Freshman RB
    7ATT 55yd 1TD

9. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Looks like the sliders didn't help out WVU at all. Then again CPU WVU usually sucks when I play them too. If you stop the run they can't do a damn thing.

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Yea I dont what it will take for the CPU to scare the Gators this year.

My defense is fast as hell though... all the way across the board.
    edit: also, Wash and WVU were kind of "pretenders" being rated so high. Their overall wasnt even that good.

11. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    Oh yeah, last night Georgia go payback for their only loss last season defeating Virginia Tech 38-35 in another classic with a crazy ending. Run D played relatively well, never allowing Darren Evans to break big runs. We allowed a couple big plays in the air but were able to make keys stops when we needed it. On offense our run game struggled but we put in work through the air. Logan Gray who had a rough finish to the 2010 season and was not a sure bet to start this season got the vote of confidence from the coach and put in an excellent game going 17-26 for 378 yds and 2 TD. The key play of the game was late in the 4th quarter with the Bulldogs trying to run the clock. Washaun Ealey had broken a couple tackles when he was stripped from behind. Luckily the ball bounced right to WR Marlon Brown who took it 42 yards for a TD. This made the game 38-27 and gave Georgia the cushion they needed to win the game.

12. lilmaggie

lilmaggie Rocky Top Tennessee

Tennessee Volunteers

Tennessee 37
    Fresno St. 20

Tennessee holds on in the second half to beat the Bulldogs 37-20. after leading 30-0 at the half, the volunteers were a little flat in the 2nd half and allowed the bulldogs back in the game. QB Matt Simms went 14-20 with 2 TD's and no INT's. The Vols also got a solid perfomance from their junior tailback David Oku with 27 carries for 174 yards and 3 TD's.

The Vols will start their SEC season next week with a trip to Gainesville to take on the Gators. This will be the first time in four years that both teams are ranked at gametime, as the Vols have struggled over the last few seasons. It should be a good one next week in the SEC.

13. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    First off I'd like to apologize for going over 60 pts in my gm, def wasn't my intention, but after you hear what happened in this game maybe you would see why it happened.

This was just about the most lobsided game I've EVER played this year, I'm talking more lobsided than a game vs. one of the FCS teams. We literally destroyed TCU, I bet if I could see their composure they would all be blue. They couldn't do anything right. They had 9, that's right 9 turnovers, and it could have been at least 3 more. They fumbled the ball 8 times, I recovered 5 of them. They also threw 4 ints. My offense didn't even have to play that game. It was the biggest ass whooping I ever laid out to the CPU.

No onto the TD that put me over the point limit. It was at the end of the game and they were on their own 7 yd line of or so. They were put there because their return man fumbled on the return and they recovered it there. On the next play I didn't get to choose the play cause I got sidetracked when my phone rang. Anyway, the CPU chooses a dime SS blitz. Well my SS found his way free breaking through two blockers and got a good lick on the QB in the endzone. Of course with how the game was going, the QB fumbled it. I attempt to take control of the SS to make sure he doesn't pick up the ball as there are 5 TCU players ready to go after it. Somehow I was drawn to the ball like a magnet, and therefore scored a TD. Just wanted to give you all the heads up. I uploaded the play onto the wire so you could see what happened.

I think CPU pass block needs to be bumped up a little. I'm not sure what else can be done outside of making them robo-QB. Maybe bump run blocking up a little for the CPU.

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

#8 Florida State over #23 Virginia 20-13

This was mainly a game of who made plays when they needed to and taking care of the ball. Both teams did that, but FSU was able to make just a few more to secure their first conference victory.

The Seminoles are now 5-0 in their white unis under Coach K, 1-0 this season.
    Whites: 1-0
    Pro Combat: 1-0

EJ Manual had a pretty good game besides an interception he threw on a drive that could've led to some points right before the half, just a stupid throw. Other than that he was 22 of 29 for 278 yards.

Junior SS Jujuan Harley had a pick late in the fourth quarter when it was tied up, and Junior HB Chris Thompson added the game winning touchdown onto what was a quiet night for him.

good game ike.

15. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Uggg...Still cant get in the damn Dynasty Wire....So no pretty pics.

Just a bad bad day for UVA's offensive line. The Strauss was runnun for his life all damn day. And ge still got sacked 8 times. The defensive secondary struggled a bit... but made INT's when it was crunch time for sure. Good rebound win, Nationally televised game vs a top 15 team and taking care of them. Conference starts next week with Duke. Bring em on!

16. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Slackin on the summaries??

Florida State wins over BC 34-28

We'll celebrate this win tonight, but tomorrow at film and all of next week were really gonna preach the little things. We play good at times, but we aren't consistent enough on both sides of the ball.

EJ Manual actually threw a TD pass today, but he had 3 picks to go along with it. He was 22 of 34 for 342 yards and 49 yards rushing.

Jujaun Harley led the defense with 9 tackles, an INT, and a FF.

17. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Whats the rest of week 3 look like?

18. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

No dynasty wire access for me, either. That said, Miami gives up a couple of huge runs to let it look like they can't stop anyone, but put the clamps down enough on the D to keep Maryland in check. Ray Ray Armstrong picks off 3 passes in the win, and HB Lamar Miller provided journeyman work to keep the ball in the offense's hands.

19. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

What happened with UT and UF?

20. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

looked like a good game Ike don't know the haps? Will get my write up on in a couple of hours. Put the smack down on MSU 50-30 man when the CPU wants to win it just wants to win. Fumbled punt returned for a score. INT on a tipped pass by a MLB that just showed off his 50" vertical to tip the pass that was intended for a guy 10 yards down the field from him. Up 14-0 early in the 1st AU got on track and scored the next 36 points.

21. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

Lost to GT, played terrible run defense, Ju Ju got hurt and ricardo young came in and threw 2 ints, just a bad overall game

22. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

lucky pick 6 off a WR screen in 2nd half for UT gave him the edge. I usually dont like to do write-ups for user game losses as I tend to pop-off during those.

23. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Generally speaking, the winner does the write up but not necessarily.

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Hey...I was just wondering....Lol....

25. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Had to do it, LOL.