Season 2: Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Jman, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

2. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

What would you think about each team having a thread in here so we can have all our summaries for that team in the same place?

3. Jman

We used to do that pretty much site wide, most of us have found its much easier to keep tabs on everyone and easier to do the writeups in one centralized thread. Also easier to read up on other users and make it feel like a group.

4. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Ok cool good stuff!

5. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Well we are playing Georgia in Georgia on a rainy day. Damn near returned the opening kickoff. We drive on Georgia and get 4th and goal. We say fuck it we need points, but throw an INT. Hold Georgia to a punt. Drive to their 18 and get 4th again only to miss a FG. Georgia racks up 20 points. Brown breaks a 60 yard run, but gets stopped around the 2. Two plays later Cobbs puts it in for 20-7, Georgia. Give up a 52 yard TD pass on the following drive, 27-7. We get inside the 10, but have no time left. Army has been bent over 34-7 at half. We keep on getting beat up. Brown puts some points up for us in the 3rd. Steelman, our starting QB finalyy goes out of the game to injury after getting punished. Our backup gets beat up, but is able to get some more points on the board for us. We lose 51-21. Piss poor passing game with 4 int. However, Brown had 28 carries for 199 and a TD.

6. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Do you have an Offensive and Defensive nomination for player of the week??

7. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Week 1: Western Michigan @ Michigan State
    [​IMG]
    Western Michigan Defense Dominates in First Win at Michigan State.

The story of this game was the defensive play by the underrated Western Michigan Broncos. Coming into this game the spartan's were a heavy favorite being at home and the experts gave the broncos very little chance of coming out of East Lansing with a victory. The Broncos had this game circled on their calender and looked forward to it all off season, they were saying it was a statement game because they feel they can play with and beat any team in the state of Michigan. With the defeat of Michigan last year and Michigan State this year the Broncos might be right! The defense looked inspired where as the Michigan State offense just looked out of sync and flat. The broncos defense allowed only 219 total yards the entire game, limiting the spartan's to 2.14 yards per rush and they only completed 5 passes the entire game. They also forced 2 turnovers both coming on interceptions. The Western Michigan Offense made a few mistakes but was effective HB Tevin Drake was the workhorse rushing for 121 yards and 1 TD. QB Alex Carder threw for 204 yards and 2 TD's but also threw 2 INTs on bad decisions. True freshman WR Fred Wilcox looks to be making a smooth transition from high school to college he had 4 catches for 73 yards including a beautiful seam route down the center of the defense that went 27 yards for a touchdown.​

PLAYER OR THE WEEK NOMINATIONS:
    Offense: HB Tevin Drake: 121 yards 1TD
    Defense: DT Travonte Boles: 6 tackles 3 sacks

• Like Like x 1
  8. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

My HB, Brown had a big game despite our defeat. 28 for 199 and a TD. D side of the ball nothing.

9. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

sweet... yeah if you would post nominations on all your summaries we will vote on Players of the week every week.

10. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Temple come to a rainy West Point, NY for week 2.

Temple break a 42 yard TD run on the opening drive. However, Army's Brown answers on the second play of Army's opening drive with a 64 yard TD run of his own to tie the game. Army Hold Temple, but they hit a 49 yard FG to go up. Army ties the game early in the 2nd qrt after dropping a TD pass. Temple goes up after a 19 yard TD pass. Cobbs steps in for a banged up Brown and runs in a tying TD late in the half. Army give up a few big passes leading to a Temple TD just before half. Army try to get it back in the closing seconds of the half, but get picked off. 24-17 Temple at half.

Brown comes back into the game, but during a long 13 play drive goes back to the sideline. Cobbs steps in and ties the game on a two yard run. Temple convert a 4th and short. Army is able to hold them by getting a big sack on 3rd down forcing a punt. Army have a decent drive going then on 3rd and short throw a pick. The Army passing problems continue. Army D holds Temple to 3rd and 7, but Temple go for it on 4th and come up with a 34 yard pass. Then pound it in on a three yard run, shocker. 3rd and short around the 50 for Army. Army throws a quick slant, tipped at the line, pick 6. Pretty much should seal the game. Army come up big on a few 4th and shorts and find the TE for a big gain. Cobbs pounds a short run in for a TD. Army hold Temple and get the ball back with 1:05 left with no timeouts at their 35. What do you know, another Army pass picked off. Disappointing 38-31 loss. Can't pass the ball. Can't run like we are or we will have no HB's left. Lost my starter, Brown. Cobbs went out for a bit. Was down to the 3rd string at times. Ran very good, Brown 143 yards (1 TD) and Cobbs 122 yards (3 TD), but no passing game makes for a bad day. Should have been able to win this.

11. GMangs

GMangs Walk On

Oh and my nominations. On O, Cobbs 122 for 3 TD. On D, my QB Cresto, 7-22, 4 INT and one for a TD.

12. Jman

WASHINGTON STATE - SEASON 2 - WEEK 2

@ COLORADO STATE

[​IMG]

Washington state pulled off a 45-20 road victory against Colorado State in a game that was way more one-sided than the score indicated, although, if not for two failed fourth and inches in CSU territory the score would have reflected the beating that the Cougs unleashed. Wazzu led in ever major statistical category when time expired amassing 502 yards of offense to CSU's 281. The biggest kudos goes tot eh WSU offense however as they managed to keep the CSU defense off balance all game long while SR QB Tuell put up a 15/20 day for 313 yards and 3 TD's along side 12 yards rushing and on the ground SR HB Mitz had 129 on 18 carries and 1 TD. The biggest star however who everyone expected it would be, JR WR Marquess Wilson snared 7 catches for a staggering 188 yards and 2 TD's but also had 16 yards on 3 carries. Defensively it truly was a group effort in holding CSU sub-300 as no one player truly stood out but. However, Coach Jman has to be concerned at giving up 145 on the ground.

POTG:

O: SR QB - Jeff Tuell - 15/20 for 313 yards and 3 TD's to 0 INT. Completed passes to 6 different receivers and had 12 yards on 5 carries.

D: JR MLB - CJ Mizell - 10 Total TKL, 6 Solo/4 Assist, 1 TFL, 1 Sack

13. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Golden Panthers Stun Tennessee
    Defense knocks out Starter, ST get TD

The FIU Golden Panthers sent shock waves through the college football world with their opening week victory against Tennessee, a team that some experts were calling a potential dark horse SEC champion contender. "It's tough going into a place like that, but when you hit them in the mouth like we did, you can surprise some people," Coach Baron said.

The Golden Panthers certainly hit the Volunteers hard from the get go, as they knocked starting Quarterback Tyler Bray out in the first quarter after only 4 attempts. For their part, turnovers and a lack luster offensive performance kept the Golden Panthers off the board as well. "We weren't blocking very well, and when we were, Jake [Medlock] was making some ill advised passes." said Baron.

But things certainly got going for the Panthers in the 2nd quarter, as they managed to get on the board against the Volunteers, as TE Dominique Rhymes scored on a 12 yard pass from Medlock. But Tennessee would hit right back, on a 27 yard pass from backup QB Art King to FB Channing Fugate.

From there, the Orange clad fans certainly thought that they had the game well in hand. But the ensuing drive would prove them wrong as FIU would march down the field in less than a minute, and score on a Darrian Mallary 2 yard rush. Leaving the Volunteers to go into half time down, 14-7.

The Golden Panthers D would continue to harass and harry King all game long, forcing them to kick a field goal on the opening 3rd quarter. But perhaps the biggest play of the game would come on special teams as Markeith Russell would force a fumble that would be taken 31 yards for the score by FB Mark Barber for the score, leaving the Volunteer crowd in stunned silence.

A 56 yard pass from Medlock to WR Elijah Maxey late in the 4th would seal the Volunteers fate and give the Golden Panthers a huge non-conference win to start the season.

"We played well enough, I think we still had too many turnovers, but if we can beat Tennessee with that performance, I'd love to see what we could do if we played better."

POTG:

O: SOPH TE - Dominique Rhymes - 7 Rec, 118 yards, 1 TD (first TD of the game), 43 yard long.

D: JR CB - Jose Cheeseborough - 3 Total TKL, 1 INT, 4 Pass breakups

14. Jman

Nice write up Baron

Also love they copy/paste of my POTG layout! At least change the colors numbnut!!! LOL

15. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

lol why bother? :p They're my old high school colors, and FIU's colors are shit to read.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jman

Haha, sure...sure...

17. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Ha! LOL

18. Jman

19. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

"Walker Upset With Week One Loss to Ole Miss!"
    Week 1, 2012 season

Tulane came into their week one matchup against the Ole Miss Rebels with high hopes of walking away with an upset victory. Orleans Darkwa put up a good day on the ground but it wasn't enough to lead his Green Wave to victory.

They say that turnovers will cause losses and that's just what happened to the Green Wave today. Quarterback Ryan Griffin threw an interception in the 2nd half to really put Tulane in an over encumbered deficit. Griffin had a rough 2011 season as interceptions were to far a few between and even with all the work Walker put into Griffin in the off-season, his first start in 2011 was not very pretty.

Tulane allowed Ole Miss to score a field goal following a big play to give the Rebels a quick 3-0 advantage. Tulane was next on the board following a 1 yard rush by Heisman candidate Orleans Darkwa to give the Green Wave a 7-3 lead. The game went south very quick for Tulane after that as Ole Miss was able to put up four consecutive scores to give them a 22-7 lead. Tulane was able to put some points on the board early in the third as backup halfback Payten Jason was able to scamper into the endzone on a 4 yard touchdown run to give the Green Wave a little hope.

Ole Miss answered right back on the next drive as they put it through the uprights to give them a 25-14 lead heading into the 4th quarter. Melvin Harris was able to haul in a 33 yard touchdown pass from Barry Brunetti to pretty much close the door and give Ole Miss the 32-14 lead.

Coach Walker then decided to put Freshman quarterback Leon Blouin in to give him a little playing time and see what he could do. Blouin was able to connect on both of his pass attempts for 48 yards and a touchdown catch as the game came to an end with Tulane losing their first game 35-21.

Coches Corner
    " Overall, we had a great chance of winning this game. We got very rushed at a times during this game when we should have definitely slowed down and just take our time to see what was really going on. Our defense didn't have a horrible day but our special teams has got to get better at keeping opponents from returning kicks and giving our team better field position. I was really hoping to come away with a win in this one and really make a statement to start this season, but a bad gameplan on my part and some minor mistakes led us to the loss." - Coach Matthew Walker.

POTG Nominations

Offense :: Orleans Darkwa - 21 attempts, 126 yards, 1 touchdown

Defense :: Trent Mackey - 3 tackles

20. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

Week 2
    UAB wins first game of the year against rival Troy
    UAB 59
    Troy 31

UAB jumped out early on Troy and never looked back. UAB scored on the opening drive of the game as Darrin Reaves scored on a 17 yrd TD pass from QB Calvin Wade. Troy did answer on their next possession with a 66yrd TD run against a UAB defense that is still trying to figure things out. From this point on, the game was pretty much over. UAB CB Cornelius Richards returned the next Troy kickoff back for a 88 yrd score. His first of the day, Richards also took a 2nd kickoff to the house with a 87 yard return in the 2nd quater. QB Wade struggled at times and will really need to improve from week to week. His accuracy is lacking but overall Wade made up for it with good decision making skills. "Our special teams effort really showed out today. We'll need a total team effort next week against #8 Miami" said coach Papaloke.
    UAB came out with a lot of energy today. It was rumored that part of the success was due to celebrity rapper Top Dog who has become enamored with the team. Dog is providing the pre and post game inspirational speeches and the Blazer team is confident that just having him around the program will help with recruiting. When coach papaloke was asked about Top Dog's relationship with the team. Papaloke responded "Slam Dunkin Hoes!!".

POTG Noms
    Offense: Cornelius Richards: 87 and 88 kickoff return tds.
    Defense: Marvin Burdette: 5 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble.

21. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

I'm about done with this shit...fuck this game...up 17 with a minute to go and the ball and the game freezes...tried to super sim the win and then got tired of losing every sim game so I finally play it out and beat this garbage Memphis team. Of course, I lose my freshman RB for 6 weeks...he was giving me a great spark off the bench in his first game and dislocates his elbow.
    I won the game 36-18...I have a ridiculous amount of restarts because after having the game locked up I refused to take a supersim loss to a team I was beating handily and figured EVENTUALLY I'd win one so I didn't have to replay it, but of course not

So i apologize for the restarts...I know they're frowned upon but I think everyone knows I don't mind losing when I've earned it, but I don't get a lot of chances to win with this team and I'm gonna take everyone one I do earn.

22. Jman

For future reference, be careful with that. The whole supersim thing is a dangerous beast and its always easier to just play it out or at least to just play the offense in that case. I appreciate the heads up about the restarts so I didn't blow a gasket LOL but pleeeease be careful with that.

I agree with the game and its flaws becoming tiresome, but, when it works its actually fun, I've gone from pissed about it all the time to realizing its just a shame really.

23. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Yeah like I said...I know it's frowned upon. And while the game is frustrating, this was not even the gameplay...in fact I had a clean game going in terms of no bs plays or turnovers or anything. I really don't mind losing...it's not ideal but I get the idea of this OD and I never had high hopes when I saw how little I had to work with and my average at best skill at this game. But even the greatest video game glitch in history wasn't going to take that win from me and I flipped when it just froze. I moved my xbox into the living room because there's a fuse issue in my bedroom and thought these issues were over.

Anyway, sorry about that...I'm ready to advance

24. Jman

Like I said, no worries, I appreciate the honesty and heads up about it.

25. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

Welcome to the Caleb Wright Era Bitches!

EL PASO- The biggest question surrounding the New Mexico Lobos opening game against UTEP was not how many points they'd lose by, but if Head Coach Nate Glory would even show up. Glory has had a tumultuous start at UNM being suspended to begin last season and disappearing this off-season with reports that he was holed up with Mexican Prostitutes all summer. Low and behold though, he came out of the tunnel with his team during pregame and although several observers remarked on his stench and apparent level of intoxication, he led his squad to victory on the day. Glory signed 3 star Quarterback Caleb Wright out of Beumont Falls, TX in the offseason nd he was thought to be the quarterback of the future; however, after Senior quarter BJ Holbrook threw two INT's in the first quarter Glory didn't hesitate to put in the the one of only two 3* recruits he had signed in the past year. The move paid off as Holbrook had gone 0-8 with 2 interceptions and Wright came and went 8-12 with 162 yards and two touchdowns. The game was always in doubt as the Lobos grasped to a 7-6 halftime lead and then a 14-12 lead after three quarters. New Mexico missed a FG that would have extended the lead early in the 4th, but the play of the game came at the 2:46 mark when the True Freshman Wright, facing a 3rd and 9, hit Quintell Soloman on a 69 yard touchdown in what everybody thought would seal the deal. It didn't though, as UTEP scored on a 71 yard touchdown their first play from scrimmage after the kickoff. Still, the Lobo defense held tight and secured a late INT courtesy of Senior CB Freddy Young. After the game when asked if the lower rated Wright would start at QB next week, Glory only replied "Ha, what do you think??" The Final score in Texas was UNM 21 and UTEP 19.​

OPG -True Freshman Caleb Wright who took a chance on coming to the Lobos and didn't expect to play right away but was thrown into a hostile environment with his team losing in the 2nd quarter and led them to victory with 8-12 passing, 162 yards, and a TD . . . In addition Senior RB Kasey Carrier battled injury in the game and went for 103 yards on 22 carries and a TD.​

DPG - Freddy Young . . . 6 tackles, 4 solo, 1 (Game saving) INT, and half a sack​

• Like Like x 2