Season 2: GOW

Discussion in 'Hard Knocks' started by controllerabuser, Oct 26, 2012.

?

Who wins S(2) GOW: Week 1?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2012.
  1. Dallas Cowboys

72.7%
  2. Washington Redskins

27.3%
  1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

[​IMG]

Week 1
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Are you ready for some football? I know I am! Season 2, Week 1 is now here and guys are about to rumble. It's time to see if the moves you made will benefit or make your team crumble.
    The Game of the week features a battle between 2 NFC East teams that are looking to make a move this season. Both teams were sent home early and watched the playoffs from the couch with beers and potato chips. Both had talent but who made enough moves during the offseason to correct it?
    The Redskins are led by the young RG3, now in his second season. If you thought last year was tough to stop this man, wait till you meet him this year. He has a new weapon in the backfield. Roderick Smith from Tulsa with 97 speed though he is a very little guy with a history known full of injury. Receiver wise, there isn't much else besides Garcon. So, if the Cowboys are able to shut him down, they'll be able to focus on the run game. Which is what they'll have to do in order to win this one. The Redskins' defense is nothing to really worry about other than Brian Orakpo, the former Longhorn.
    The big talk of the Hard Knocks league is the move that King Bob recently made. Cutting his losses with Tony Romo, literally. The boy was just getting paid way too much for not getting the job done. Enough about the 9. In steps the young man from Stephen F. Austin, 6'2 231 pound, Tanner Hurns. It is no secret that the Cowboys have a bevy of talent, Murray, Dez and Jason Witten can be a handful, if they're are given the ball. My view when looking at the team though is, will the line be able to block for him? With only LT Tyron Smith being a stud and the rest of them duds, look to see how they can keep #11 on his feet. Defensively, the Boys are improved. That 3-4 is going to be tough to run on.
    CA's Corner:
    HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS? I see the Cowboys making a return to the good old days. This game is the first step. If rookie Tanner Hurns is the next Troy Aikman, he'll need to prove it, now! This owner will not wait. I think the Cowboys shut down RG3 and force too many key turnovers resulting in a huge opening day win for the Dallas Cowboys.
    My Prediction:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    10-24
    How do you see it? Vote and Comment!

• Like Like x 2
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    As long as the Cowboys can contain RG3, I see them pulling this one out.

Great write up!

3. Flyinhi2005

Flyinhi2005 Walk On

I havent played the redskins so its gonna be a hard guess for me... I gonna vote cowboys win 28-21

4. ChaoticUT

ChaoticUT Life is Orange and White!

I think the Skins hit their stride at the end of last season. 35-24 Washington.

5. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

I chose RGIII and the Washington Redskins, I have made a few comments in the near past showing my love for RGIII, saying "if he can throw to his team more than the opponents he will be the top fantasy QB". With that I feel that maybe week 1 will still be a little too early for this great dramatic turn around plus facing a team that is led by DWare and his great pass rush abilities. If RGIII is going to explode this year this will be the game that he says hello. Bob is great on the sticks and all I am going off of is Redskins stats due to never playing him, but I believe if RGIII gets going this team is going to have a good year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Redskins!

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Wow. You no faith bastids.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thebouncer24

thebouncer24 Cheese Like MG

hey I meant no disrespect. Just think RG3 rips a lot of people this year

9. thegman2.0

thegman2.0 Walk On

screw this i vote for commish , i guess 3 people are getting canned from commish this weekend after picking redskins lol

• Like Like x 2
  10. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

I voted for you KING!

11. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Great game BobJr , the Skins had some chances late in the game, but couldn't seem to get anything going. The Redskins didn't turn the ball over, which was a big step in the right direction. Tanner Hurns had a solid game with 3 TD and only 1 INT. Dallas was victorious 21-16, looking forward to the next one in Washington!

• Like Like x 3