Season 2 Has Begun

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Season 2 Has Begun

Good Luck guys.

A couple things:

jmill and Bruce are to serve a five hour penalty in week one for the off-season stuff.

Wildcatter gets a one time pass.

Schedules were really hard to get straight, so please, bitch softly.

OU and Neb don't play in season, so each needed to schedule non-con user games. OU is going to Gainsville, and Nebraska is going to the SEC once and the Big Ten twice. (LSU, OSU, Wisc) I hope there's snow for the week 14 Nebraska-Wisconsin game at Camp Randall.

*OU gets its Army game.
    *Catholics vs. Criminoles is back (week 8 in Talahassee).
    *My Bucks are taking on Nebraska (always wanted to play the 'Huskers).
    *Our champs get FSU and Miami in consecutive weeks to finish the season. If they make the SEC final, they'll likely play three users in a row. Didn't mean to make them run the gauntlet like that, but it just worked out that way.
    *Michigan plays on the Smurf Turf in week 4.
    *Nebraska and Wisconsin play a snowl bowl game in week 14.
    *The SEC/Big 12 Challenge is hosted by the SEC, and features:
    - Nebraska @ LSU
    - OU @ Florida
    (both in week 2)
    *GT gets a week one vacation in sunny Hawaii

Hope the schedules don't make anyone too terribly angry (as they always seem to do). Let's just not get into one of those silly discussions about who has it harder, and who has it easier. It's as balanced as I could make it.

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

How are we working the advance schedule this year?

3. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Here's my soft bitching - did many other people end up with 4 user games? I'm cool with playing Nebraska, but you know how it is with user games.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I dont care just as long as my home game vs VaTech is as early as my road game vs VaTech was last year. Chances are though the cpu screwed me on this.

5. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Excited!! Goin' to see my schedule right now...

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I thought about this quite a bit. Our schedules are almost the same. I play Nebraska, too, so it really came down to which one of us was going to play Army. I figured you would want the game, so I dumped mine and gave it to you. I could have just as easily done the reverse, but I figured you would want the game. And the Nebraska game was originally a game vs. Pitt, but Nebraska needed the game, and I know you're a fan and all, so I scheduled it.

Really, without OU and Nebraska playing each other, there was no way to make a realistic set of schedules. For balance, someone would have had to play two top tens in the first three weeks, and that just looks weird on a schedule. Still, some guys are pretty loaded early. There was just no way around it.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

I only got 2 user games (for now) but expect to see Nebraska in the Big XII title game...That'll make 3 for me and 4 for NEB. I'm sure next season I'll have 3 and others who have 4 or could have 4 will possibly have one less.

I wasn't expecting Army this season but I'm guess it's better to get a shot at Shaun now rather than when he has Denard running around.

8. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Yeah, it's all good. I didn't have much of a chance of winning the Big 10 anyway.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Just an FYI JHeb, I have an 87 speed quarterback not named Denard on my roster.:)

Also, I have a decent runningback this year and my defense looks much bigger.:)

Still, you'll beat me by 50.:)

10. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I saw the teams that have 4 user games and I think they all have Army as one. With as much as Shaun wants us to believe he's not a cream puff, come on! It's still Army after all. I would consider those guys to have maybe 3.5 user games, tops.

11. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Let's not go around getting Shaun all fired up, at least not right before Week 1...BTW Shaun, that crap about OU beating Army by 50 won't work on me. I know reversely psycho logics when I see it.

12. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

5 hour Penalty and a vacation in Hawaii...Nice.

13. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Can't wait to get home from work today and get started!

14. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I had to force myself to not play my game last night at 2 in the morning! Luckily I was able to contain my excitement and get 5 hours of sleep before work.(y)

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Really looking forward to this year after all the bouncing around last season.

LSU is my team and with very few recruiting spots to fill, its going to be a season looking to get to the BCS title game.

We will concentrate on a few need spots on really put time into only a few key recruits.

Our five hour penalty in week one is tough because its a very important week to get a good start in user battles we are behind the 8 ball already.

We do on the flip side have a nice schedule for visits.

Really looking forward to playing after the disjointed offseason.

16. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Thanks again for letting OU go so I could take over...Appreciate it!!