Archived Season 2 Midseason Reflections

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, May 9, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Answer these simple questions..

Who has been your team MVP?

Who has been your OMVP?

Who has been your DMVP?

How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why?

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far?

Any rules you would like to see, going forward?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

PJ Clausen
    Who has been your OMVP?
    PJ Clausen
    Who has been your DMVP?
    Rey Rey
    How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?
    Fa period was a big succes with the adding of Visanthe Shancoe. I run NE offense so having two good TE's is a need for my offense. All my rookies are making a big contribution this season, especially clausen and Darryl Gordon
    Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY
    MVP-Eli Manning
    OPTY- Eli Manning
    DPT- Tj Ward
    GM- Me- i got a nice
    COACH-Matrix
    OROTY-Pj Clausen
    DROTY-Curry Donaldson
    Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)
    I would say myself, sometimes i make it confusing for people to understand when I can play.
    KDP, Peench and Danthraxxx
    KDP
    Any rules you would like to see, going forward
    No nothing really

3. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Who has been your team MVP? Roddy White

Who has been your OMVP? Roddy White

Who has been your DMVP? rookie CB Jefferson

How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team? I got my #2 OT ‡ #1 CB with my top 2 pics left after I traded for White. Added good depth in FA , I was very happy how things ended up.

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?
    MVP - Matt Forte ( Bears stunk last year, Forte leading them to PO)
    OPTY - Eli Manning
    DPTY - S. McFarland DE ATL ... rookie leads league in sacks
    GM - kidofcrash .... had a sneaky good draft, filed his o-line in FA & added depth, turned team around a bit

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously) - the Natural ? :confused:

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why? - Pagamer , guy is a good role model for any new TSO'ers IMO (y)

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far? - my self ..... as we can see Mike Holgren fucked up a few drafts lately .... Danthraxxx ... not so much :cool:

Any rules you would like to see, going forward? - yeah a min roster number ..... not directed at anyone but in real life no team can survive with 42 guys , thats kinda ............ in-living-color-men-on-film-ftw-32732-1285683984-29.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Answer these simple questions..

Who has been your team MVP? #56. 3rd in tackles, 1st in sacks, 1 FF and 2 INT (Team)

Who has been your OMVP? #7. Still pretty accurate

Who has been your DMVP? #56. See above

How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?- We did our homework with the limited funds available and signed WR Ryan Whalen. Hes been solid. Our highest round pick (3rd) has spent most of season injured, so we really cant tell.

Who would be your award winners for TMFL at this point of the season.. (MVP, OPTY, DPTY, GM, COACH, OROTY, DROTY)?- MVP Eli Manning, OPTY Eli Manning, DPTY David Haris (NYJ), Matrix for GM and Coach. OROY- Hassan Macdonald (Indy), Stacey McFarland (Atlanta)

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)- Ghost

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why?- A lot of good ones led by Shaun, Bawvu and Danthraxxx all come to mind

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far?- Matrix

Any rules you would like to see, going forward?- NM

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

HB Steven Jackson -681 yards and 5 TD through 8 games

Who has been your OMVP?

RG Harvey Dahl - Dahl has helped to solidify the offensive line to create rushing lanes for Jackson. Overall, the line is much improved this season.

Who has been your DMVP?

MLB James Laurinaitis - 31 tackles and great work knocking down opponents' passes, plus has 2 INTs.

FA bidding resulted in a new starting center in Niswanger, plus some depth for the defense. The draft made a huge impact on the team, as the first four picks are all currently starting.Second round pick FS Eric Manley has 4 INT on the year and first round pick Mustafa Beck has 2 sacks.

MVP - Matt Forte
    OMVP - Eli Manning
    DMVP - LaRon Landry
    GM - kidofcrash
    Coach- matrixm0nkey
    OROTY - PJ Clausen
    DROTY - Eric Manley

Pagamer07 - This probably extends from previous NCAA leagues, as well. We always have great games and he is respectful win or lose.

@matrixm0nkey - SB champ last year and undefeated so far this year.

6. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

• QB Tony Romo- he has been a beast keeping the Cowboys in the game, just need that defense to step up!
    Who has been your OMVP?
    • QB Tony Romo
    Who has been your DMVP?
    • SS Dawan Landry- He has been the only one worth a damn in the secondary and has made some clutch INTs
    • In FA Bidding I picked up two quality Tackles but they have only seen the field one or two games. Draft day I filled every position needed except a couple but CB Ali Noel and LG/RG Jaden Garrison have come in from day one and has impacted the offense and defense. These two will be wonderful players as they get older. I traded for SS Dawan Landry and he has worked out perfectly!
    • MVP- QB Eli Manning
    • OPTY- RB Matt Forte
    • DPTY- SS LaRon Landry
    • GM- NT
    • Coach- CWT
    • OROTY- RB Hassan McDonald
    • DROTY- MLB Curry Donaldson
    • I Peench :p haha I understand the situation he is in though
    • So far everyone I have played has shown great sportsmanship
    • Matrix
    • Nope

7. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

Mark Sanchez, I may have said some horrible things about him from last season, but this dude is tearing it up and has gotten to become a hell of a better passer.

Who has been your OMVP?

Shonn Greene has been tearing it up on the ground for the Jets. He gets us in positions to make big plays and I love to have a back like Shonn.

Who has been your DMVP?

Nobody sticks out on the defensive end except David Harris. Just an absolute monster.

Picking up Andrew Whitmore from the Cincinnati Bengals has improved the o-line ten fold. I love the guy we hardly give up sacks and have a ton of time in the pocket.

MVP- Matt Ryan
    OPTY-Eli Manning
    DPTY-Patrick Willis
    GM- Matrix
    Coach-Sawemoff
    OROTY- PJ Calusen
    DROTY-Curry Donaldson

I really haven't had an issue in this category yet lol.

I really can't say. Everyone is nice here.
    Matrix, dude seems unstoppable so far.
    None.

8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Who has been your team MVP? HBs CJ Spiller / Johnny White

Who has been your OMVP? HBs CJ Spiller / Johnny White

Who has been your DMVP? MLB Curry Donaldson

- I've had big impacts from a lot of rookies (B.J. Bates and Curry Donaldson mostly). My rookie WRs / CBs are stepping up big as well. C.J. Spiller has been a great addition for me too.

MVP - Matt Forte
    OPTY - Matt Forte
    DPTY - David Harris (Leads the INT category as a MLB, wth!)
    GM / Coach - Abstain as this is my 1st season.
    OROTY - P.J. Clausen
    DROTY - Stacey McFarland

- kdpnutter since he wont respond to my week 10 thread! >:O

- Through my limited experience so far I would have to say Danthraxxx

- Abstain

- Ban the 1-5-5 and limit the use of draw plays (to something like 3rd and 10+).

9. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Reggie Bush. Even though he doesnt have huge numbers he is a huge factor in what I do.

Who has been your OMVP?
    Reggie Bush
    Who has been your DMVP?​
    Its tough between the 2 rookies Campbell and Seymour. Both have played major roles on this team

How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team?​
    Every player acquired this offseason has played a role usually a starting one.

MVP- Matt Forte Has been killing it

OPTY - Forte

DPTY- David Harris. Leads the LG in turnovers at 11

GM- I really like what Peench has done as well as Ghost

Coach - Turbo trigga has turned the vikings around into a contender

OROTY - Clausen

DROTY- Rookie DE for the Falcons

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously)​
    Everyone :)

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why?​
    Everyone who i have had multiple restarts with this season. Im working on fixing this issue

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far?​
    Matrix

Any rules you would like to see, going forward?​
    I actually like the limiting of draw plays suggested above. Seems like i see 7-10 draw plays a game which is a ton

10. bjbdahitman

bjbdahitman Andy Reid to KC... Finally a real coach...

Jamaal Charles

Who has been your OMVP?
    Jamaal Charles

Who has been your DMVP?
    Eric Berry

Added Blaine Gabbert who is starting to play well, added Derek Cox, Derek Sherrod, and filled my backup RB need, as well as drafted a nice nickle back...

MVP: Matt Forte
    OPTY: Eli Manning
    DPTY: David Harris
    GM: Antcap... he had an awsome offseason
    Coach: Matrix Monkey
    OROTY: B.J. Bates
    DROTY: Curry Donaldson

No problems yet

Pagamer07

Me... lol... no I would say Matrix...

Maybe making a minimum requirements on positions... A few guys have no backup OL...

11. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Who has been your team MVP? Forte

Who has been your OMVP? Forte

Who has been your DMVP? Peppers

How did the FA bidding period, draft, and trades go for you? Have those signings made a big impact on your team? My oline has improved with Snyder and added some depth there...My first 3 picks have contributed this season with TE, Pierro, Norris, and Capacho...want to get my 4th rd WR more PT rest of the way...

MVP - Forte :)
    OPTY - Forte :)
    DPTY - David Harris
    GM- Not sure
    Coach - Matrix
    OROTY - PJ Clausen
    DROTY - Willis Jefferson

Who is the biggest pain in the ass to schedule with? (this is a joke, please don't take it seriously) - Playing nice

Who has the best sportsmanship in TMFL and why? - havent had any conflicts so everybody has been cool

Who would be your Owner of the Year for this release so far? Matrix

Roster limit of 45-48. Prevents injuries from resulting in out of position players..

Regulate shifting/audibles...If somebody shifts DLIN or LB core one side, they shouldnt be shifting back and forth...Unless clearly offense flips plays...

Audibles once - shouldnt be audibling all over the place before snap...

Issue is not strategical, issue is when the dline is shifting while the ball is snapped, the defensive players get jumps, so does audibles.

I shouldn't have to wait like 10 seconds for the defense to stop making adjustments which i've had to do a few times.

12. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Don't make so many adjustments on offense and I doubt that'll be as much of a problem

I heard Jay Cutler's voice in my sleep :)

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

:eek: hope he gave you a wet dream

There is a distinct call out whether the adjustment is a hotroute/change plays or change oline block assignment. I spam oline block assignment every play...Also, on hot routes/rb te block assignments, you will see the QB start pointing and stuff, so you may hear cutler, but did you see the hand gestures everytime?

But i dont ever motion, i dont change formations at the line, i rarely ever flip the play. Most importantly, i run the ball more than most so when i am in a run formation and make no adjustment and not even a butt patt to change directions, why is the dl/lbs shifting every 3 or 4 seconds?

This is not you since you did not do this at all, but i've played games where i had to wait quite a bit for the 3-4 second interval shifting stopped...

14. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

I see...

15. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    As far as I know, you only have to wait on the defense when you move a player...

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Should be common courtesy to wait for the defense to finish shifting if the defense audibles. Shifting LB/DL obviously is different though.

17. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    You always get atleast 7 seconds and thats if the offense quick snaps it right away. I'm not gonna wait 20 seconds for someone to finish audibiling and shifting players.

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is me raging quietly.....

How bad was the trade rape, thats all I wanna know...

19. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

It was CJ Spiller for a 3rd Rounder & MLB Joe Mays 80 OVR/B POT

20. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I think he picked up White in FA.

21. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  22. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Yep and I got CJ on trade in like week 5 or 6.